Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Rust Industries Ltd.  (Read 5536 times)

Sordid

• Captain
    • View Profile
Rust Industries Ltd.
« on: February 24, 2012, 10:53:29 PM »

RUST INDUSTRIES Ltd.

proudly presents

Rustbucket Mk I

Designed for maximum efficiency, crew comfort, and reliability, and constructed only from the best components found lying by the side of the road, the Rustbucket Mk I is everything an aspiring captain could ask for.
(Does not meet emissions regulations, not legal for use on public space lanes.)

(catalog will be updated as more stock becomes available)

Mod currently contains only this one ship, nothing else. I'll look into creating a RI supply station where you'll be able to buy it later. For now just hack it into your game in any way you like.
Feedback is welcome, both for sprites and ship stats.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 02:33:32 PM by Sordid »

Alexander86

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Rust Industries Ltd.
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 12:21:17 AM »

I like this idea. I wonder if the engine trails could look even dirtier than the older ships in the game already look. It would be cool to see like this really thick trail of dirty engine emissions from all the ships your planning.

Spartan114

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 12:54:55 AM »

I'm definitely looking forward to progress on this.

I was thinking, along with alexanders idea (Which is great BTW) maybe you should add some new weapons to the mix. Low flux, High damage, nice, meaty autocannons or machineguns.

But, to offset their high damage and low flux, have them disable themselves sometimes if you fire too much. Not sure if that goes against your idea for the mod, though.

Arghy

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 02:04:55 AM »

Easier to just have low flux weapons with just HE damage and the ships themselves have really poor flux control so they'll be effective but a simple shield provides a big problem and trying to equip other weapons to counter their weakness means they have a hard time handling it.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 02:23:23 AM »

Nice work :D, i have to ask, how did you draw it? (i know you drawed it from scracth but how did it get that nice? mine always look out of place.)

ClosetGoth

• Commander
  • Permanently TTRPG-brained
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 06:45:40 AM »

Wow, changing the main color from red to brown really gives it a nice not-fresh-off-the-line feel! Keep up the awesome work, I want to see this become a full-fledged mod like Junk Pirates!
Starfaring since the very beginning of 2012

stardidi

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 06:53:52 AM »

Liking your style, both the design and the "story", reminds me of MC's Industrialcraft mod.

Sordid

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2012, 04:29:24 PM »

Nice work :D, i have to ask, how did you draw it? (i know you drawed it from scracth but how did it get that nice? mine always look out of place.)

Started with a large sketch, then used vectors to get the basic shape, blocked in the colors, added shading, downscaled to final size, added pixel art details (weapon mounts, engines, and other small bits), then fiddled around with colors and details some more.