Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: current implementation of (D) variants is confusing  (Read 2254 times)

PCCL

• Admiral
  • still gunnyfreak
    • View Profile
current implementation of (D) variants is confusing
« on: April 22, 2017, 04:59:04 PM »

I'm not quite sure what (if anything) to do about this, but this is something that kinda irks me about the update. there are some ships that have a (D) tag because they're damaged and salvaged, others are (D) because modded by pirates or other parties (like mules (D), wolves, etc). Basically, one can be returned to stock conditions through restoration and the other has some modifications (like the mule's primary mount, shielded cargo holds) that make the ship fundamentally different. I don't think these two things should share a single tag.

Maybe pirate variants can be tagged (P) for pirate, (M) for modified, or (U) for unregulated?
mmm.... tartiflette

Ghoti

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: current implementation of (D) variants is confusing
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 05:22:30 PM »

Regardless of speculating why they are there. (D) is a simple and clear way to say, "this hull is damaged, and it will cost money to return to its undamaged configuration". It's safe to say you're not confused, but that you think this part of the game lacks detail. Personally, I think this part of the game is more than expressive enough for what it's trying to do.

PCCL

• Admiral
  • still gunnyfreak
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 06:01:12 PM »

that's not the current state of affairs right now, I have a pirate mule with no damage hull mods but still has the (D) tag. I just realized this might a bug and reported it there
mmm.... tartiflette

Sovietpride

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2017, 08:33:40 PM »

Dumb question time.

How do i repair D mods?

Voyager I

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2017, 08:55:57 PM »

Dumb question time.

How do i repair D mods?

There's a 'Restore' button in the fitting screen if you are docked at a station.  Repairing even a single D-mod costs more than the base hull and the cost scales up exorbitantly, so it's normally something you only do for ships rare ships that can't reliably be bought with money alone.