Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Marines  (Read 2473 times)

arwan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Marines
« on: April 29, 2017, 09:43:25 PM »

do they have a purpose currently? do they actually do anything in regards to salvaging ships and planetary exploration in this build? and is there any reason to have a few at all in your inventory?
Alex
You won't be able to refit fighters and bombers at all. They're designed/balanced around having a particular set of weapons and would be very broken if you could change it. Which ones you pick for your fleet -out of quite a few that are available- is the choice here, not how they're outfitted.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Marines
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017, 09:55:45 PM »

Nope, no reason to right now.

arwan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2017, 10:24:22 PM »

thank you for the very quick reply Alex.  ;D
Alex
You won't be able to refit fighters and bombers at all. They're designed/balanced around having a particular set of weapons and would be very broken if you could change it. Which ones you pick for your fleet -out of quite a few that are available- is the choice here, not how they're outfitted.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2017, 11:02:09 PM »

Just another commodity I believe.  Though I feel they'll get more of a place when Outposts and the like get added, where the Marines can guard or go shoot whatever target you want.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Bastion.Systems

• Captain
  • Special Circumstances LCU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2017, 02:22:10 AM »

Though I feel they'll get more of a place when Outposts and the like get added, where the Marines can guard or go shoot whatever target you want.

Tech raiding yo.