Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: [0.8.1a] The Silent Armada (DISCONTINUED) v0.14 - Patching Things Up!  (Read 100974 times)

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] The Silent Armada (Demo) v0.14 - Patching Things Up!
« Reply #120 on: August 21, 2017, 10:56:55 PM »

Is this still being worked on?

Yep! Going is slow though, since I've been focusing on my other mod Disassemble Reassemble at the moment, and I'm now working full-time so I don't have a great deal of spare time. But it's still a working project, don't worry!  ;)

Sooner535

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 21, 2017, 11:44:51 PM »

Awesome! Can't wait to add these ships to my campaign (I've been wanting a broadside ballistic based ship since I tried ORA) good luck (btw disassemble reassemble is a great mod as well :D)

A Random Jolteon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 01, 2018, 08:14:51 PM »

Your Matchmaker class is one of the few ships that can not only handle my Double Mjölnir, but make it even better.

Ya didn't have to do that to make me love this mod! ;)
Hi. I exist. Bye.

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 05, 2019, 12:10:34 PM »

Public Service Announcement

I really don't need to be saying this, but I should do this properly to make sure we don't have any confusion in future (and I'll replicate this in the OP shortly).

The Silent Armada is officially discontinued.

Sorry to those who were quietly awaiting a 0.9 update or patch. TSA was my first public attempt at a real mod, and while it was extremely useful in teaching me the basics of modding Starsector, it won't end up being a proper faction mod or anything like that, for several reasons:
   - The mod kicker was poorly thought out and would require a complete backstory and concept overhaul
   - The ship sprites are of low quality and were made with bad techniques
   - A number of fundamental concepts of the mod, such as the Phoenix Hull Composition and Flux Sink ship systems, were completely overambitious, overengineered, and I now see as a balancing nightmare that I really don't want to have to deal with.

So, apologies for leaving it hanging for so long - unless you've been on the Discord and you've caught my periodic mentions of TSA being discontinued - and I guess this is farewell to The Silent Armada.

BUT

That doesn't mean to say I don't intend to one day take inspiration from this mod in creating something new and original from scratch. It's definitely on my bucket list, and I've had a lot of time to think about it and play with new ideas. It won't be "The Silent Armada 2.0", but it would be a spiritual successor - and if you still have a liking for WWII naval ships, I'll be doing my best to imply that design; just a little more sensibly in a sci-fi setting.

And if you doubt my conviction, well...

Spoiler

... less fun for you I guess.  8)

[close]

For that reason, I will not accept any requests from people to update TSA to 0.9 on my behalf; use TSA sprites or scripts in other mods, or otherwise attempt to bring the mod or its content into the current Starsector modiverse. When/If I eventually have no need for my latent, original TSA content, I'll be sure to let people know. Until then, please be courteous and give me time to create something profoundly better from what was (in my opinion) a strong, if poorly thought-out, start into Starsector modding.

With that, until further notice, this is The Silent Armada checking out.

FreedomFighter

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] The Silent Armada (DISCONTINUED) v0.14 - Patching Things Up!
« Reply #124 on: February 06, 2019, 11:24:35 PM »

The Silent Armada just went Silent. How fitting.

PyroFuzz

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 09, 2019, 07:53:04 AM »

The Silent Armada just went Silent. How fitting.

hehe... F
Hello!

Woodlani_Knight

• Ensign
  • "And so they fought on, into eternity"
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 11, 2020, 03:48:08 PM »

Yo, so... its been over a year now, like 1.2 years. I just would like to know, is this compatible with .9? Like, can it be used and work with .9?

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 11, 2020, 04:25:42 PM »

Yo, so... its been over a year now, like 1.2 years. I just would like to know, is this compatible with .9? Like, can it be used and work with .9?

I have no idea! ;D You're welcome to try it and find out for the rest of the world though. Just don't expect any help from me beyond "Good luck!"
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]