Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: [0.8.1a] The Silent Armada (DISCONTINUED) v0.14 - Patching Things Up!  (Read 100680 times)

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8a] The Silent Armada (Demo) v0.10
« Reply #90 on: April 29, 2017, 12:02:33 AM »

Wait, base replacement time isnt a moddable stat?  that seems.. odd. Im not at my pc now, but I thought that wouldve been a like.. Somewhat important balancing stat for fighters

Yeah. Beats me. I think the game assumes that all fighters take the same amount of time to build/re-arm or something. Some hullmods/skills can change the time, but it affects all fighters by the same amount.

Still, you raise a good point. You'd think replacement time would be fighter-specific. Eh. The devs probably have a good reason for it not being a thing.

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 29, 2017, 02:18:43 PM »

Hmm, why not color the Phoenix Hull a bright orange or yellow? Flames use the Red/Yellow spectrum, so that could get it more noticeable.

Try Gold or something. That could work (or a very bright, vicious red)
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 29, 2017, 03:03:01 PM »

Hmm, yellow could work.

DinoZavarski

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 29, 2017, 04:58:35 PM »

Hey, given that explorer is the only cargo/support right now and that there are various new systems that are intended for such ships you may consider to increase it's OP.

Alternatively i cheated by adding Surveying equipment and HiRes sensors to it and made (TUG) skin equipped with Salvage Gantry and Tow Cable  instead (working on skin graphics).
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 05:14:38 PM by DinoZavarski »
Me no know, me no understand, me just root...

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 29, 2017, 08:41:03 PM »

Hey, given that explorer is the only cargo/support right now and that there are various new systems that are intended for such ships you may consider to increase it's OP.

Perhaps, but the Explorer is designed as a cargo transport. It doesn't make sense for it specifically to have Surveying Equipment or a Salvage Gantry. I'm not against upping the OP, but that's something that will likely change once I implement TSA ships into the campaign.

Nevertheless, I do want to do logistics ships in future - things like sensor ships and mobile recovery platforms, so those are definitely doable, but not something hugely high on the list of things to do. (Having said that, I do have a plan for a cruiser-sized armed freighter, so there's that.)

Alternatively i cheated by adding Surveying equipment and HiRes sensors to it and made (TUG) skin equipped with Salvage Gantry and Tow Cable  instead (working on skin graphics).

Fine by me - whatever suits your tastes. Although perhaps a TSA "tugboat" wouldn't be a bad idea... Hmm.

DanJSC

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 29, 2017, 08:59:30 PM »

Ended up getting insulated engines early on, that and the grounded armour mod makes it quite difficult to spot you when you've gone dark, very useful if you're doing analysis missions in a few small ships.

Inventor Raccoon

• Captain
  • Digging through trash for a hydroflux catalyst
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 30, 2017, 03:41:34 PM »

Been playing your mod for the fighters and weapons, love it so far, haven't tried out the ships yet. Only issue I've spotted is that the Electra EM Mortar doesn't have a description or role.

ANGRYABOUTELVES

• Admiral
  • AE ALTADOON GHARTOK PADHOME
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 30, 2017, 06:43:29 PM »

Wait, base replacement time isnt a moddable stat?  that seems.. odd. Im not at my pc now, but I thought that wouldve been a like.. Somewhat important balancing stat for fighters

Yeah. Beats me. I think the game assumes that all fighters take the same amount of time to build/re-arm or something. Some hullmods/skills can change the time, but it affects all fighters by the same amount.

Still, you raise a good point. You'd think replacement time would be fighter-specific. Eh. The devs probably have a good reason for it not being a thing.
I'm pretty sure it is? Different fighters have different replacement rates (e.g. 1 Broadsword is replaced in 10 seconds, 1 Longbow is replaced in 15 seconds), and there's a refit value in wing_data.csv that's identical to the base replacement rate, so I'd expect changing that value would change the replacement rate. Unless you're talking about something else?

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 30, 2017, 09:27:35 PM »

Been playing your mod for the fighters and weapons, love it so far, haven't tried out the ships yet. Only issue I've spotted is that the Electra EM Mortar doesn't have a description or role.

Oops... My bad.  ;D That's because that weapon isn't the actual Electra, it was a copy I made to test some other mechanics with it. If you scroll through the medium ballistic weapons you'll see two forms of the Electra. They're almost identical, except the one without a description only does EMP damage (which, as it sadly turns out, doesn't do anything on a flak projectile).

I forgot to remove that second one, so for now just flip to using the one that does have a description.

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 30, 2017, 09:28:24 PM »

I'm pretty sure it is? Different fighters have different replacement rates (e.g. 1 Broadsword is replaced in 10 seconds, 1 Longbow is replaced in 15 seconds), and there's a refit value in wing_data.csv that's identical to the base replacement rate, so I'd expect changing that value would change the replacement rate. Unless you're talking about something else?

Wait wait wait, is that what "refit" does???  :o Shite... I need to get on this.

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8a] The Silent Armada (Demo) v0.11
« Reply #100 on: May 02, 2017, 11:14:28 PM »

Update: Version D 0.11 (Demo quickfix #4)

With the Thunderbolt off the list of things to do, attention has been turned to the Electra and oh boy, if it wasn't fun before it certainly is now! Say goodbye to the Electra EM Mortar and say hello to the much sleeker Electra Phase Howitzer. This weapon can actually pass through both friendly ships and neutral obstacles (asteroids, wreckage, etc.) and can't be shot down by point defence fire.

Not only that, we've expanded the arsenal a smidgen with the addition of a new medium point defence shotgun, the Hellhound Scattergun. It's cheap and rubbish against missiles, but takes big bites out of unshielded fighters!

The original post has also been updated to include an FAQ tab for common queries about (among other things) compatibility with other mods and my plans for the future of this mod.

Check the OP for more details.

Please remember that I want to hear suggestions for balancing TSA ships' and weapons' stats against stock equipment! All recommendations welcome!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 11:25:03 PM by AxleMC131 »

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8a] The Silent Armada (Demo) v0.11
« Reply #101 on: May 05, 2017, 05:12:17 PM »

Following on from a query of mine on the Shadowyards post (http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=3491.msg207641#msg207641) I've gone ahead and reconfigured the Triumph's flight deck to be a built-in converted hangar hullmod. It's going to be a universal one (to be fitted for any fighter, rather than a built-in wing) but it'll be stupidly slow, but I have a new fighter type in mind for it.

The change will be coming in the next quickfix, and the new fighter wing probably the update after that.

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8a] The Silent Armada (Demo) v0.12
« Reply #102 on: May 05, 2017, 11:29:08 PM »

Update: Version D 0.12 (Demo quickfix #5)

Well, I said I'd push out a small update, but this one isn't quite so small. Having reconfigured the flight deck of the Triumph, I've also completely overhauled the Gatekeeper, upgrading it from a poorly-armed reconnaissance vehicle to a full-fledged heavy fighter, armed with two - yes, two - Hellhound Scatterguns for close-range demolition of unshielded fighters. You should also now be able to find it in markets, although it's a little rarer than other craft - and a fair bit more expensive!

To replace the pseudo-role in which the Gatekeeper previously sat, we welcome a new short-range fighter type, in the form of the Buckler Interceptor Drone. These drones only come in small groups and don't boast a lot of firepower, but they're cheap, nimble and lightning-fast to replace in combat (as fighters go). The Explorer now carries a full complement of these nippy little drones.

Check the OP for more details.

Please remember that I want to hear suggestions for balancing TSA ships' and weapons' stats against stock equipment! All recommendations welcome!

PyroFuzz

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 06, 2017, 07:16:10 AM »

The buckler interceptor drone looks great!
The only problem i might see is that there is only 3.
Everything else looks great so far!
Hello!

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 06, 2017, 04:00:44 PM »

The buckler interceptor drone looks great!
The only problem i might see is that there is only 3.
Everything else looks great so far!

There's only supposed to be three. ;) It's a lightweight drone wing for cheap defence (still considering making it cost 0 OP) - not really for swarming stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9