Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New member - Old player  (Read 2947 times)

MajorTheRed

• Captain
    • View Profile
New member - Old player
« on: March 09, 2017, 10:34:22 AM »

Hey everybody,

I finally take the step to subscribe and post on this forum. I'm a long term Starsector player. In fact I've played when it was still Starfarer, near the 0.3 version. I've started playing when there was only the Corvus star sytem, Try-tachion has a station in corvus and fuel only purpose was to make money by selling it. Of course there was no other trade items...
In retrospective I think that it's Starsector is my best time vs money game, as every time a new version is released it's like a new game for me.
I play with Tore Up Plenty and Metelson mod as my computer is a little bit to shy to use heavy-graphic mod.
Finally I recently started to try modding, mostly to try to make both mods further interesting.

And last thing and probably the most revelent thing of this post : thanks Alex for your wonderful work, I've always been a long time follower of Starsector

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
Re: New member - Old player
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 12:00:07 PM »

Hey everybody,

I finally take the step to subscribe and post on this forum. I'm a long term Starsector player. In fact I've played when it was still Starfarer, near the 0.3 version. I've started playing when there was only the Corvus star sytem, Try-tachion has a station in corvus and fuel only purpose was to make money by selling it. Of course there was no other trade items...
In retrospective I think that it's Starsector is my best time vs money game, as every time a new version is released it's like a new game for me.
I play with Tore Up Plenty and Metelson mod as my computer is a little bit to shy to use heavy-graphic mod.
Finally I recently started to try modding, mostly to try to make both mods further interesting.

And last thing and probably the most revelent thing of this post : thanks Alex for your wonderful work, I've always been a long time follower of Starsector
You can turn off the GraphicsLib mod effects so that you can play with and use other mods that need it
Also, what are your specs?
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 12:50:03 PM »

Typical Kitsume.  ;) (Just kidding!)

Welcome to the forums MajorTheRed! You're not the only newcomer - I've been playing on and off about as long as you, and I only joined the forums a few weeks ago. You'll find an incredible community and heaps of people willing to answer your questions.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 08:33:52 PM »

Hi - welcome to the forum, and thank you for your kind words!

I've started playing when there was only the Corvus star sytem, Try-tachion has a station in corvus and fuel only purpose was to make money by selling it. Of course there was no other trade items...

Wow, that takes me back :)

Voyager I

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2017, 09:51:42 PM »

On a related note, a slightly belated Happy Birthday to version 0.7.2a!

MajorTheRed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2017, 05:59:41 AM »

Thanks for the welcome!

@Midnight Kitsune : well, my pc is  an Intel i5 3.2 GHz, 8 Go Ram without dedicated video card. I hope in future to get a new pc with a true video card, especially if next versions of starsector need more ressources.

@Alex : yeah, this is why I've never complain about lenght of release. I mean, I think I payed 10 bucks at this time, spend hundred of hours on this game and the best thing is to see every little bit of the game added each time there is a new version.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2017, 08:48:00 AM »

On a related note, a slightly belated Happy Birthday to version 0.7.2a!

Thank you! (Nice prod, well done. <continues working feverishly>)

@Alex : yeah, this is why I've never complain about lenght of release. I mean, I think I payed 10 bucks at this time, spend hundred of hours on this game and the best thing is to see every little bit of the game added each time there is a new version.

I appreciate that, thought couldn't complain if you did :) It's really awesome to hear you've enjoyed it that much, btw. Thank you again for telling me that.