Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Outer Rim Alliance v0.95rc1 (2023/01/07)  (Read 491642 times)

lethargie

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Outer Rim Alliance v0.88 (2020/04/26)
« Reply #225 on: June 04, 2020, 12:25:12 PM »

I do not know why, but the faction does not seem to spawn their own weapons in their markets.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Outer Rim Alliance v0.89 (2020/08/07)
« Reply #226 on: August 07, 2020, 12:35:07 AM »

Small balance update following the 10th Starsector AI Fleet Building Tournament. It includes the new Awareness light bomber wing, some significant changes to the Fervor gunship wing, some small nerfs here and there, and considerable buffs to the Ascension frigate and Allure bomber wing. Bugfixes include more ORA weapons on their markets, and slightly tweaked descriptions. If you are using the Skin mod, please redownload it to get the alternate version of the new fighter.

This update should not break saves.

Please note that with Bitbucket becoming increasingly finicky (by that I mean I actually can't upload my mod there anymore due to their Captcha not working) I'll link the releases through my Patreon for the foreseeable future. Please rest assured that none of my mods will ever be paywalled. (the EULA does not allow it in the first place anyway)

Changelog:
0.89 post tournament patch

Added support for Industrial Evolution

NEW CONTENT:
 - Awareness-wing:
   . Assault bomber.
   . 2 crafts per wing.
   . Launches 5 Calling shots each, for 5x500 Energy damage.

BALANCING:
 - Choir emitter no longer creates EMP arcs on hits, firerate and raw EMP damage slightly increased.
 - Fervor-wing gunship:
   . Choir emitters replaced with Recital Deliverers + IPDAI.
   . Litany Thrower replaced with Eschewal Projector (half firerate)
 - Enlightenment-class deployment/maintenance costs raised to 55 from 45.
 - Invocation Launcher:
   . Tracking weakened.
   . Shockwave propagates to the front of the projectile instead of directly toward the target.
 - Allure bomber wing:
   . OP cost raised to 30 from 25.
   . Bomb payload doubled.
 - Ascension-class frigate:
   . System is now a proximity-based time dilation, has a higher ceiling but scale more linearly with the number of enemies in range.
   . Weapon arcs and types tweaked.
   . OP reduced to 50 from 55.
   . Deployment cost increased to 12 from 8.
 - Commissioned Crew hullmod now reduces the maintenance cost by 25% from 10, but is capped at 2 supplies per month per ship.

BUGFIXES/IMPROVEMENTS:
 - ORA markets should provide a lot more of their weapons and fighters.
 - All normal maps have been redone, some maps that had minimal benefits have been removed to very slightly lower the VRAM load.
 - Minor description tweaks.
[close]

Earliest save compatible version: 0.8

« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 12:57:19 PM by Tartiflette »

Chikanuk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 12, 2020, 07:49:40 PM »

Elevation is capable combat ship with only 1 fighter bay for 24 DP. But it act like a coward in combat and didnt use it weapons properly. Maybe this is cuz it have "CARRIER,COMBAT" tag? If this is the case, can it be removed?

Unnamed_Shadow

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 25, 2020, 12:03:52 PM »

I wonder if ORA will ever get Utility Ships.

Considering how Unique their designs are, i always feel seeing those Prometheus, Colossus, Atlas, etc as part of their Fleets a bit out of place.

Modo44

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 25, 2020, 10:34:28 PM »

Unless you are exploring, you can get by with Auxillary Fuel Tanks, and Expanded Cargo Holds on second line vessels. But yeah, a few dedicated support ships would be nice.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 26, 2020, 02:12:49 AM »

There is no reason either lore-wise or gameplay-wise for them to have custom non-combat ships. The moddiverse doesn't need yet another Atlas clone clogging the markets.

Unnamed_Shadow

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 26, 2020, 07:04:19 PM »

There is no reason either lore-wise or gameplay-wise for them to have custom non-combat ships. The moddiverse doesn't need yet another Atlas clone clogging the markets.

i just find it weird, your other 2 Faction mods, Scy and Diable, have their own Utility Ships.

So ORA feels weird not having at least Destroyer-size Tankers, Freighters, Troop Transport.

The way you handled utility ships on Diable and Scy was pretty good, and i feel ORA could have similar variants. Something similar to a Chinook and Stratus can work.

Of course considering the size of the ships (ORA ships are big and long) maybe buffs to cargo and fuel capacity? To make the fleet a bit self-sustainable could be an alternative way.

Big ORA fleets end up relying a lot on the vanilla tankers and freighters. The same applies to merchant fleets. It looks weird. Specially with the unique way ORA fights and how unique their designs look.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 27, 2020, 12:23:51 AM »

Yes but Scy had to develop their own utility ships out of necessity, and Diable was a shipbuilder at some point so they have their own designs to use. ORA on the other hand is a group of salvagers that happen to have found a dormant military fleet. They have no reason to have custom utilities.

Besides, I don't think vanilla supply ships are more jarring than say, Atlases and Colossi in Tri-Tachyon fleets.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 17, 2020, 11:59:51 PM »

Hey there! I'm testing ORA for the upcoming tournament and have a bug to report:
The AI will activate The Revelation's Solid State Capacitor system when the ship is firing under weapon dissipation and at 0 flux, making it gain half its weapon flux as hard flux for no benefit. It also activates as soon as the enemy starts firing at it, as opposed to when its own weapons come into range, so it has no soft flux to get rid of.

I'm guessing the system is supposed to only activate when the ship has a significant (multiple thousands) of soft flux while also almost at its flux limit? Other activation times make it a ship debuff instead of a buff unless the ship is mounting more than ~2000 flux of weapons, which is almost impossible except for maybe triple heavy blaster + plasma cannon.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 18, 2020, 12:45:48 AM »

Yeah, I kind of dodged making a good AI for that system, I really should look into it before the tournament. In the meantime, I'm more than open to ear about their fighters after the recent buffs!

[edit] Now thinking about it I might allow to lower the shield, effectively making the system either double the passive dissipation or increase the shield strength while active. That will make the AI harder to code though since there would be two obvious but mutually exclusive use cases in addition to the regular "remove large amount of soft flux".
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 08:23:30 AM by Tartiflette »

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 18, 2020, 11:11:25 AM »

I've only done a little bit of fighter testing (single player ship vs either single or multiple sim enemies), but fighters seem reasonably balanced, with all the heavier ones being quite slow to offset their stats.

The bombers both struck me as high risk high reward, with the 30 OP ones more reliable than the 20 (which makes sense). Fervors are good and similar at offense to a mixed complement of broadswords + (post patch) warthogs: higher DPS but also with a decent miss chance against maneuvering targets. Their defensive ability seems better because of the PD guns, but they are 15 OP so that seems ok to me.

I'll keep an open eye for how fighters scale with larger numbers and report back.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Outer Rim Alliance v0.90 (2020/11/03)
« Reply #236 on: November 03, 2020, 01:09:38 PM »

Small maintenance update in preparation for the 11th AI Fleet Building Tournament. The highlights are:
 - Some tweaks to the Solid State Capacitors ship system, plus a proper custom AI that will make the Grace destroyer and the Revelation cruiser much more efficient and dangerous.
 - Three brand new interaction musics brought to you thanks to my amazing Patrons, created by Mesotronik.
 - Many new skin pack add-on mods that you can find down there.
 - A few balance tweaks here and there...

This update is save-compatible.

Changelog:
0.90 pre tournament version

NEW CONTENT:
 - New interaction music courtesy of Mesotronik.
 - Many new skin packs available as stand-alone downloads.

BALANCING:
 - Sempiternal Repeater charge-up shortened to 0.5s from 1.2.
 - Awareness fighter speed increased to 130 from 120.
 - Fervor fighter speed increased to 140 from 130.

BUGFIXES/IMPROVEMENTS:
 - Elevation-class' troublesome COMBAT CARRIER tags removed.
 - Eschewal (slow) is now a medium fighter weapon (no longer affected by the built-in IPDAI).
 - Fixed some outdated weapon stat card informations.
 - Solid State Capacitors system now has a proper custom AI and is no longer tied to shields.
 - Fixed Harmony-class' miss-placed ship center.
[close]
Earliest save compatible version: 0.8

Like Diable Avionics, ORA now has a wide selection of add-on skin pack mods to choose from. Whether you want to role-play as an Imperial Fist commander, a wet-navy admiral, or a properly dilapidated scavenger fleet leader, you should find something here that suits your fancy.

Alternate skin packs

[close]
« Last Edit: November 03, 2020, 01:50:16 PM by Tartiflette »

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 03, 2020, 03:50:19 PM »

Ooh, shiny gold ships and non-carrier-tagged Elevations? Yes please. (Although, okay, the purple-and-fancy-scrollwork of the default skin is really good, too.)
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

IMustRegroupMyForces

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 08, 2020, 04:02:11 AM »

May I ask your permission to translate your mod into Chinese and upload it to a Chinese Starsector Forum?
Would appreciate it if you agree.
Here is the Chinese Starsector Forum's address : https://www.fossic.org/

Tartiflette

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 11, 2020, 07:55:01 AM »

May I ask your permission to translate your mod into Chinese and upload it to a Chinese Starsector Forum?

Damned I completely forgot to reply, sorry about that.

I wasn't aware ORA was not already available there, so sure go ahead! And thanks for doing it.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 20