Fractal Softworks Forum
April 25, 2017, 07:31:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Starsector 0.8a is out (hotfix is up!) ; New blog post: Ship’s Log of Salvage Dave’s Final Mission (3/29/17)

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: [0.8a] Outer Rim Alliance v0.6 Exploration Compatible! (22/04/2017)  (Read 10030 times)
Tartiflette
Admiral

Kickstarter is NOT a magic spring of free money!

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2017, 06:59:26 AM »

I'm now working on the last two planned ships for the faction, and here is the first one:

An anvil to the Harmony's hammer, that also can be fitted into a very potent support ship.

Takion Kasukedo
Captain

The Embodiment of Defilement, TakionKasukedo

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2017, 08:17:16 AM »

Well, it'll be possible to fit pure AM Blasters (stupid, but effective, kind of) to that destroyer

Or you can just do tons of Burst PD's and be kind of a derriere...

The Embodiment of Defilement reigns over his part of the galaxy.

FEAR THE CASCADE.
Tartiflette
Admiral

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2017, 08:40:01 AM »

That would be a good loadout to die instantly: you'll notice that this ship is slow and doesn't have a huge dissipation. Fire a few AM shots and you are stuck at high flux in range of the enemy, with a long vent time. Plus you don't have enough OP to fit one in each slot. Against a stock Medusa that loadout got defeated without even dealing a single point of damage to the enemy.

Takion Kasukedo
Captain

The Embodiment of Defilement, TakionKasukedo

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2017, 08:54:58 AM »

So in general, AM's  = bad for Outer Rim Alliance ships (half, if not most).

On another note, O.R.A fleet colors (in the factions menu) are colored the same as Hegemony, if not very similar.

I think for the Sanctuary, the ideal loadout would be enough of a mix of weapons to utilize at decent ranges, with some EMP to disupt/disable ships, while still leaving more than enough space for flux vent/capacity.

The Embodiment of Defilement reigns over his part of the galaxy.

FEAR THE CASCADE.
Morgan Rue
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2017, 01:36:45 PM »

I mean, ORA does have a bigger version of the AM blaster... but I would say mounting them on anything less than a cruiser can be difficult.

Dauntless.
Tartiflette
Admiral

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2017, 04:09:23 PM »

Requires LazyLib

Well, that went way faster than I expected.

That should do it for a complete roster of ships, since they also rely heavily on vanilla high tech to fill the gaps. The Harmony and the Beatitude stats have been nudged a bit to leave more room for the new Sanctuary and Revelation. And the missions have be somewhat reworked in term of default loadouts and difficulty.

Now the last big thing I have left to do is to add a few more star systems, expand the existing ones and flesh out some of the description... That and the maybe-if-I-can-manage-it long term goal of replacing their shields with an entirely new defense system.

This update shouldn't break your saves.

cjusa
Commander

Rudanjal Rom Mayan. RUDANJAL ROM MAYAN!

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2017, 08:09:11 PM »

Oh, are we looking at another Exigency Corp style deflector shield, or perhaps a passive PD field that can weaken and/or kill normal shots?

Very few problems can't be solved with gratuitous violence and epic explosions.

The worst earworm of any animated series: "Oboete imasu ka, me to me ga atta toki wo? Oboete imasu ka, te to te ga fureatta toki? Sore wa hajimete no ai no tabidachi deshita? I love you so." -Macross (Do You Remember Love)
Mr. Nobody
Lieutenant

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2017, 12:01:04 AM »

Welp! Time to learn A/D turning.

On the left half of the Bell curve
Sy
Admiral

View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2017, 10:38:40 AM »

i use A&D turning frequently with other ships, but what i'm really struggling with is Q&E strafing. Cheesy
Phearlock
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2017, 01:15:11 PM »

I really like the attitude thrusters. Can activate it when I need a visual cue to figure out if I should hold Q or E for what direction I should fly.
Tartiflette
Admiral

View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2017, 03:24:27 AM »

Coming soon, Coriolis stations (5MB gif in spoiler):

And since it's all done with vanilla functions, I wonder if we will get stuff like that in 0.8???

AxleMC131
Captain

Amateur World-Builder

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2017, 03:40:23 AM »

Coming soon, Coriolis stations (5MB gif in spoiler):

And since it's all done with vanilla functions, I wonder if we will get stuff like that in 0.8???

Very pretty!  Shocked Didn't think you could have animated station images... But there you go!

"I ain't one to punch first, but if the mil' wants a piece of me tonight, then they're sure as hell gonna regret it in the morning!"
- Johnson "Johnny" Parker

"The Paragon is a castle, a fortress even. The Onslaught by contrast is a monstrous armoured vehicle. Both have their strengths, and both have their weaknesses, but neither can be lost in the other's shadow."
- Inspired by a comment by forum user TheEndstoneGolem
Tartiflette
Admiral

View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2017, 03:49:27 AM »

it's not animated, it's a custom "orbital junk" spinning in the middle with a matching orbit.

AxleMC131
Captain

Amateur World-Builder

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2017, 01:55:17 PM »

it's not animated, it's a custom "orbital junk" spinning in the middle with a matching orbit.

Ahahaha, the ingenious Tartiflette strikes again!  Grin Well played my good sir.

"I ain't one to punch first, but if the mil' wants a piece of me tonight, then they're sure as hell gonna regret it in the morning!"
- Johnson "Johnny" Parker

"The Paragon is a castle, a fortress even. The Onslaught by contrast is a monstrous armoured vehicle. Both have their strengths, and both have their weaknesses, but neither can be lost in the other's shadow."
- Inspired by a comment by forum user TheEndstoneGolem
Tartiflette
Admiral

View Profile Email
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2017, 03:32:08 PM »

Requires LazyLib

Big LORE update, with five (!) new systems to visit. Given that 0.8 will be all about exploration I jumped the shark early and created those system choke-full of stuff to find.
Additionally Alliance's ships now get slower and less maneuverable when using unbalanced loadouts. They also slightly disrupts all nearby beams, including their own, reducing their range and damage by 20%.
Finally the Litany firing computers have been improved, and they should hit their intended target more reliably event if frigates can still dodge those shots easily.

Come and get it while it's hot! This shouldn't break any save (although some loadouts will require some changes) but you'll need a new game to benefit from all the new content.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: