Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: When the patch finally hits, how're you gonna play?  (Read 23896 times)

spade

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: When the patch finally hits, how're you gonna play?
« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2017, 07:36:49 AM »

I'm looking forward to playing with the new carriers. I've always wanted to play with them, but I could never really make them work due to the exorbitant cost of running a carrier/fighter fleet.

nomadic_leader

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2017, 12:25:58 PM »

I'll do one game where I am an honest, non violent trader in one small ship (kite or hound maybe) and try to survive ONLY by legal trade and occasional smuggling, if I can do it without *** off anyone too much.

If you are able to ahem, 'rescue' enemy crew during salvage in this version, I'll try to be a pirate mongol nomad horde that never lands but grows by salvaging D ships and liberating crew, supplies, fuel and weapons from the oppressors.

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2017, 02:55:28 AM »

I'm looking forward to playing with the new carriers. I've always wanted to play with them, but I could never really make them work due to the exorbitant cost of running a carrier/fighter fleet.
This.
So very much this.

Ionise

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2017, 09:22:38 PM »

I would like to play this game very much. (Jesus I hope it comes out at least two weeks before ME:Andromeda or at least 4 weeks afterwards)

Either way, here's the plan

- Push a single starter frigate as hard and fast as possible

- Build up the old-school frigate wolf-pack replete with whatever TriTachTech I can get my hands on

- Add anything that's fast and has a flight deck and transition to trying fighter swarms for anything frigate sized or smaller with hard hitting fast flying frigates with oversized guns to flank and take down capitals.

In other words: The same thing I do every time, try to take over the galaxy!

Edit: I'm also going to sell a lot of drugs. Especially where drugs are illegal, that's where I'll sell the most drugs.

Slaver scum can *** off.

Dri

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2017, 09:44:42 AM »

Whelp, we are halfway through February...are we gonna get the patch before March 3 and the release of the Nintendo Switch?!

To put things in perspective, the Wii U (Nintendo's current console) released back on November 18, 2012. So, Starsector has been in development for longer than it has taken Nintendo to transition from one major console generation to its next! :o

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2017, 02:20:20 PM »

That's only because Starsector is more complex, fun, intuitive, complete and superior peace of virtuality  than some little, insignificant, toylike mostly plastic peace of handheld console-wannabe  ::)  Soooo that is why creation of Starsector is more time consuming.

*glance behind him and run from angry Nintendo fans :P
Creator of:
Relics MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Vanilla addon MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Project ONI MOD - mission only

Cik

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2017, 03:16:49 PM »

i was gonna say, it's not like there's any real hardware difference in nintendo consoles. they just throw darts at a board for some new, equally pointless gimmick and then all the kids with no taste eat it up.

just kidding ::)

only a little ;)

Seth

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2017, 10:59:23 AM »

I don't really see how Starsector and Switch can compete in any possible way either to be honest... :-\

On a personal note, I'm more worried about approaching release of Starpoint Gemini Warlords. I have played SPG2 for quite some time, and it was pretty solid game (no where near Starsector though). I haven't played SPG:W EA yet, but looks like they got some very interesting features coming, and tons of improvements over previous installments plus has decent mod support (remember making some minor mods for personal usage, don't think it would be harder here). As far as I know, it supposed to get full release in Q1 2017, so if it comes out before 0.8 and appears solid, oh my...

machinech

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2017, 12:32:27 AM »

When the patch finally hits, how're you gonna play?.... with bi-focals in the retirement home....

Doom101

• Admiral
  • Doom will always find you.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2017, 01:11:11 AM »

When the patch finally hits, how're you gonna play?.... with bi-focals in the retirement home....
nah it'll be cheaper to upload your consciousness to the network.
When you can't go on, just accept your doom. It comes to all, it is inevitable.

Also I totally had the name BEFORE the cruiser.

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2017, 11:52:51 AM »

Make a fleet as fast as possible, so I can outrun anyone, pursue anyone, and break them.

Then comes the weapons. Not sure right now, but definetly modding the hell out of the game.
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]