Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The Coaliton Faction  (Read 7659 times)

TuvLord

• Ensign
    • View Profile
The Coaliton Faction
« on: February 05, 2017, 08:43:03 PM »

Hey guys

I'm not playing starsector for a long time, juste few weeks.
But I've saw an old post (2012) about some logo disign ( http://fractalsoftworks.com/2012/11/17/designing-faction-icons/#more-1618 ), in which one I notice the coalition logo.
Apenrently, there is no other post about it, and the only one information about it is that they are a "coalition (obviously) of worlds that have joined together for mutual defense. They’re interested in trade, prosperity, trying to build something from the rubble."

I admite, I'm pretty interested by them. Any other stuff about them ?
Also, are they still planned to be added to the game (in a futur udapte) ?

Thanks for reading (and sorry, I'm not really good to write or speak english).
Good luck in space

PCCL

• Admiral
  • still gunnyfreak
    • View Profile
Re: The Coaliton Faction
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 09:55:47 PM »

they're now known as the "Persean League". They show up in some missions currently and will (I think) be a full blown faction next patch
mmm.... tartiflette

Embolism

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2017, 09:58:22 PM »

As said, the Coalition is replaced with the Persean League.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 10:02:03 PM by Embolism »

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 10:47:23 AM »

Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

Embolism

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 07:28:07 AM »

ur name tho

Hmmm?

On a somewhat related note, I wonder how much of Starfarer's old lore made it into the next version (which presumably would include all the planned core worlds and factions). For example, do the Hegemony core worlds of Hastaeus Prime, Verdaria II and Itos II still exist? Almost certainly not I guess as Chicomoztoc is basically Hastaeus Prime with a different name, and there's no Verdaria or Itos system on the new map.

Old lore also made mention of the Sector's original colonial forces based on Selenius IV that oppose Hegemony rule. Are they still a thing or have they evolved into (part of) the Persean League? Selenius at least doesn't exist, but I do hope we have another Sindrian-like faction around.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 07:29:53 AM by Embolism »

David

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2017, 10:45:18 AM »

On a somewhat related note, I wonder how much of Starfarer's old lore made it into the next version (which presumably would include all the planned core worlds and factions). For example, do the Hegemony core worlds of Hastaeus Prime, Verdaria II and Itos II still exist? Almost certainly not I guess as Chicomoztoc is basically Hastaeus Prime with a different name, and there's no Verdaria or Itos system on the new map.

Old lore also made mention of the Sector's original colonial forces based on Selenius IV that oppose Hegemony rule. Are they still a thing or have they evolved into (part of) the Persean League? Selenius at least doesn't exist, but I do hope we have another Sindrian-like faction around.

I wouldn't presume anything about the completeness of the core world set in the next patch. Plans are very open to change, so if a need arises more worlds can be added. At the same time, I recognize that there's a limit to how interesting more worlds will be vs. other content so it's basically "we'll do what feels appropriate".

I believe Hastaeus Prime, Verdaria II, and Itos II were all from the old lore post by Ivaylo, right? I don't believe they are mentioned anywhere in the game's actual content right now, so you are correct in assuming that the (vague) idea of those worlds has been rolled into places with different names in-game. (I've also got a general policy of avoiding numbers in major world names as I figure if one became important enough they'd come up with a proper name, so don't expect roman numerals.)

Original colonial polities opposing Hegemony rule pretty well sums up the Persean League, though there's a bit more to them than that.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2017, 12:26:31 AM »

[...] (I've also got a general policy of avoiding numbers in major world names as I figure if one became important enough they'd come up with a proper name, so don't expect roman numerals.)
I don't know: New York, New Mexico, New Orleans, Nova Scotia, New Webminster... Granted that's not a "II", but it work the same way. If something becomes big enough to deserve a proper name, it's probably too late to change it.

Embolism

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2017, 12:51:09 AM »

[...] (I've also got a general policy of avoiding numbers in major world names as I figure if one became important enough they'd come up with a proper name, so don't expect roman numerals.)
I don't know: New York, New Mexico, New Orleans, Nova Scotia, New Webminster... Granted that's not a "II", but it work the same way. If something becomes big enough to deserve a proper name, it's probably too late to change it.

New Maxios?

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2017, 07:33:01 PM »

I don't know: New York, New Mexico, New Orleans, Nova Scotia, New Webminster... Granted that's not a "II", but it work the same way.
doesn't the number behind planet names usually relate to the star's name rather than another planet with similar name? like Mercury, Venus and Earth being Sol I, Sol II, and Sol III, respectively.

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • On break.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2017, 09:42:27 PM »

Numerical and Greek-letter designations make sense when you're surveying or observing a system; but once people start settling there in a more permanent way, they'll probably give their world or station a more flavorful name (e.g., Tau Ceti -> 'Pell's Star', to pick a recently-reread example).

I wonder; will the player be allowed to rename things in the game if and when they plant or enlarge outposts?

Embolism

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2017, 11:28:34 PM »

I think outposts are going to be just that: outposts. Would be like custom-naming an oil rig or something. The people working there might give it a (likely non-reverential) nickname, but there wouldn't be enough of a community to give it a "proper" name, much less have it acknowledged by other powers.

Could be wrong, but I don't think the game's timescale points towards actually settling planets being a possible thing. Most likely it will just be resource-exploitation, military bases, trading posts, etc.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 11:30:08 PM by Embolism »

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2017, 10:41:56 AM »

agreed, i don't think our outposts will have a population big enough to warrant a custom name for whichever planet or moon they're on.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2017, 06:10:26 AM »

If games can last about twenty years or longer, it may be kind of fun colonizing a planet and build it up to put it on the map.  Of course, it is easier to just conquer and seize other planets, but building a colony or three that can produce and service a war machine and it is all yours would be fun, because I would no longer need to rely on the graces of other factions to do what I want to do.

kazi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2017, 04:33:10 PM »

Looking back on that blog post, there's one major issue...

WHERE ARE MY TRI-TACHYON MUGS?

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2017, 05:24:00 AM »

Looking back on that blog post, there's one major issue...

WHERE ARE MY TRI-TACHYON MUGS?

I'd rather get a Hegemony Pint

Pages: [1] 2