Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Game won't launch, Win 7 (no error messages)  (Read 7973 times)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Game won't launch, Win 7 (no error messages)
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2017, 08:55:15 AM »

Look at the very end of the thread, actually - the beginning might be confusing because it's old and the issue there is unlikely to be what's going on. In brief, a very recent version of NVIDIA's graphics drivers causes this issue, and it affected many other games as well. They have, a couple of days ago, released a hotfix for the driver, so updating to that should resolve the issue.

I am using jre1.8.0_121

I would highly recommend using Java 7. Java 8 will work, but may crash occasionally when it shouldn't.

Merizumo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2017, 12:30:55 PM »

RIGHT !

so after reading a lot about java and many bug reports in this forum, with the words "LWJGL initialization" and other things. I looked back at the post you linked me to and found the part that helped. Its a link to a post in the post you linked me ... (say that fast a few times :D)

Also, if you could give this a shot: add "java.exe" (without the quotes, and with a space after it) to vmparams, and remove the -server part. I believe that will make it work, and it's easier than rolling back the driver version. Would really appreciate you letting me know if that helps!

At this point all I get is the  window asking for the activation key but its worth noting that it worked this time. (I think its also using java 7, I did try that first so it might be a combined effect let me know if you would like me to confirm.

I'll start a seperate thread  for any subsequent issues if need be, fingers crossed  ;D

thanks for the help.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 12:32:36 PM by Merizumo »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2017, 12:46:18 PM »

Its a link to a post in the post you linked me ... (say that fast a few times :D)

:)

Ok, cool - I think we're good, then. And, again, updating the graphics drivers to the very very latest should fix this as well, but since you've already got it working, probably no reason to do that.

Merizumo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2017, 06:46:59 PM »

Yes I forgot to mention I did update drivers many times during this process. If you want me to test with some beta drivers you recommend I can easily reinstall the game and try that.
I have no problem doing so would be my pleasure, the fix is easy enough to implement and only takes a second.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2017, 06:55:08 PM »

Thanks for offering, I appreciate it! Someone let me know (via email) that the Nvidia 378.57 driver works with the game as-is without any tweaks - is the driver version you have an earlier one?

Merizumo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2017, 07:24:18 PM »

Driver File Version: 21.21.0013.7849 (English)
      Driver Version: 21.21.13.7849

3.7849 so yes it is earlier

I'll install the Hotfix driver and see what happens with a fresh install for my own enjoyment.

This is GeForce Hot Fix driver version 378.57 that addresses the following:

-        Fixed crash in "That Voxel Game" and some other Java-based titles
-        Resolved 'Debug Mode' as default option on Pascal based GPUs

Update:

Driver File Version: 21.21.0013.7857 (English)
      Driver Version: 21.21.13.7857

Install and Running work flawlessly with fresh install

Awsome

« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 04:47:25 AM by Merizumo »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2017, 09:12:35 AM »

Nice, thank you for confirming.
Pages: 1 [2]