Fractal Softworks Forum
March 22, 2017, 07:20:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New blog post: Building Better Worlds (2/21/17)

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: [0.7.2a] Cooperative Multiplayer Combat v.2 (2017-02-02)  (Read 3469 times)
Deshara
Captain

View Profile Email
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2017, 10:00:48 PM »

My current todo list:
* Improve UI elements for the additional players (indicators for each weapon)
* Support for .8x
* Make a compelling video of multiplayer in action
* See about auto scaling the viewable area to always show both ships

I'm not sold on the use case of there being a need to support a second mouse input.  I don't see a scenario where a second player has a mouse at the same desk or couch and can actually play.  But, this is open source, so if anyone wants to code it up and submit a pull request I'll happily merge it.

I have my PC hooked into my entertainment center, this is a wireless keyboards/mice from the couch household! Splitscreen PC support is an automatic plus for me
drugon
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2017, 04:44:11 PM »

I just wondering how development is going. Will there be support for missions also?
Nick XR
Commander

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2017, 09:51:37 AM »

I just wondering how development is going. Will there be support for missions also?

Dev work is waiting on SS.8, the only remaining items I have are: Better PlayerN UI scaling, update main post with Joy2Key config, update main post with actual people playing together.

I haven't messed around with missions since SF.4, if the ship names are kept in the mission definition file it would simply be a matter of renaming them to get things to work. 

I'm glad someone has actually used the mod! Not even I can wrangle a meat space friend to play.

cjusa
Ensign

Why don't we kill the Tyranids with bug spray?

View Profile Email
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2017, 11:37:09 AM »

Perhaps add controller support? Left stick for movement/turn, d-pad for strafe, right stick for aiming etc.

Somewhere in the universe, an alien is taking a crap at this very moment.

Very few problems can't be solved with gratuitous violence and epic explosions.
Nick XR
Commander

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2017, 12:32:55 PM »

Perhaps add controller support? Left stick for movement/turn, d-pad for strafe, right stick for aiming etc.

You can use JoyToKey to enable controller support in SS.

Midnight Kitsune
Admiral

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2017, 03:51:26 PM »

You can use JoyToKey to enable controller support in SS.
Or Steam if you have it installed. Hell I have an already built 360 layout for SS that, while still a WIP, is still pretty decent.
A WARNING though: If you have not used the Steam Gamepad system AND you play non Steam gamepad games, Steam will hijack the control scheme and make those non Steam games a B**** to play unless you close Steam down. (And of course you can't make a damn Trouble Ticket anymore...)

Stop trying to balance the game around a few minmaxers...
Programming is like sex:
One mistake and you have to support it for the rest of your life.

Tired of having your game crash because of out of date mods? Then click here!
Get Version Checker today! Now with 90% less hassle! Simply toss it into your mod folder, activate the mod like a normal one and BINGO you will now be informed of any and all updates when you start SS campaign up!
drugon
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2017, 03:58:22 PM »

I haven't messed around with missions since SF.4, if the ship names are kept in the mission definition file it would simply be a matter of renaming them to get things to work.  

I'm glad someone has actually used the mod! Not even I can wrangle a meat space friend to play.
And I'm glad that someone decided to make such a great mod. ^_^ As for missions - there is a fleet editor though you can only change model names but not name of ships unfortunately.
P.S. Tested it with another friend via Internet using Steam. Yes unfortunately mod don't work with missions cause you can't rename ships there - only their models.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 06:38:31 PM by drugon » Logged
Delta7
Ensign

forum idiot

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2017, 07:44:18 PM »

HELL YES!!

warning: may be prone to random outbursts of stupidity
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: