Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14

Author Topic: Ship Recovery  (Read 97684 times)

Voyager I

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Ship Recovery
« Reply #180 on: February 20, 2017, 08:16:05 PM »

Currently working on exploration content (putting all those features to work!); after that, some end-to-end playtesting.

:O Not too long until the update then. Can't wait!

That's a very optimistic reading of what he said!

Cik

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 20, 2017, 08:19:03 PM »

you can't help but be optimistic, even if you're staring at a mirage, it still looks like the promised land

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 20, 2017, 10:39:39 PM »

;) Well, I AM an optimist.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 21, 2017, 09:02:58 AM »

Just thought of something - the pirate Mule with the medium universal!

Currently, I do not use that ship because the (D)-mods compromise its already mediocre flux stats too much.  But, if the player can remove (D)-mods from that ship, then that restored pirate Mule could be even better than the stock Mule.

P.S.  ...or rather, better than current stock Mule because a restored pirate Mule would be like the stock Mule used to be before the universal was downgraded to energy.  Now if only there was a pirate Aurora with pre-0.72 (missile only) mounts.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 09:12:35 AM by Megas »

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 21, 2017, 02:07:37 PM »

Haha, hadn't thought of that! That would be a cool idea. :D

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 24, 2017, 11:53:57 AM »

the energy mount on the Mule has always struck me as odd, since it doesn't fit with other low-tech ships. the only other two that have energy mounts are the Venture that was originally designed as a mining ship (and its standard variant uses a Mining Blaster in that mount) and the Buffalo MK.II that is a low-tech conversion of an originally mid-tech ship.

in terms of gameplay it works fine and provides some variety, particular for early game enemies. but i think a mid-tech look could fit the Mule better. or it could get some additional background lore similar to the Venture's, as beefed up mining ship, which would also fit better with its color scheme (assuming David didn't change that for 0.8).

...and now i kinda really want a Mule with built-in Borer drones. :D

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 24, 2017, 02:09:02 PM »

...and now i kinda really want a Mule with built-in Borer drones. :D

I'll whip one up for you right now in a micro-mod! XD Just kidding, but in reality wouldn't be that hard.

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 24, 2017, 03:56:16 PM »

I'll whip one up for you right now in a micro-mod! XD Just kidding, but in reality wouldn't be that hard.
yeah, i know. i imagine just adding a built-in wing will be as easy as adding a built-in hullmod. but it would be nice if the sprite also got a shiny flight deck similar to the Shepherd's, maybe replacing the rear turret. Borers are gonna be pretty good though, so it would likely need additional nerfs in other areas as well.

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 24, 2017, 05:09:22 PM »

i imagine just adding a built-in wing will be as easy as adding a built-in hullmod. but it would be nice if the sprite also got a shiny flight deck similar to the Shepherd's, maybe replacing the rear turret. Borers are gonna be pretty good though, so it would likely need additional nerfs in other areas as well.

If I'm honest I've never tried "Kitbashing" or "Frankenspriting" or whatever you call it, but I'd actually be down for making a bunch of mini-mods that do things like this. Just small changes and additions that some people might say, "You know what, I've always wanted this in the game," without creating a whole huge mod.

Hmm... This is sounding less and less silly.

Sy. Purely out of interest, if I went and made a tiny mod that added a new Mule variant accessible in the game, with borer drones and some other balancing changes, d'you reckon you'd use it?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 05:11:03 PM by AxleMC131 »

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 24, 2017, 05:17:16 PM »

probably, yeah. ^^

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 24, 2017, 05:55:41 PM »

probably, yeah. ^^

Right. Time to get to work. ;)

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 24, 2017, 06:47:16 PM »

One and a half hours later...

Hey Sy. I done a thing for you. ;)

Spoiler

[close]
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 07:04:11 PM by AxleMC131 »

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 24, 2017, 07:09:38 PM »

thanks, i'll give it a try (tomorrow)! :D

should be cooler come 0.8 though, so it can keep the Maneuvering Jets in addition to the drones.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 07:11:19 PM by Sy »

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 24, 2017, 08:03:23 PM »

Haha, true true!

thanks, i'll give it a try (tomorrow)! :D

You might need this then:

;D
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 08:10:23 PM by AxleMC131 »

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 28, 2017, 01:59:57 PM »

If I'm honest I've never tried "Kitbashing" or "Frankenspriting" or whatever you call it, but I'd actually be down for making a bunch of mini-mods that do things like this. Just small changes and additions that some people might say, "You know what, I've always wanted this in the game," without creating a whole huge mod.

Hmm... This is sounding less and less silly.

Just fair warning, its a very, very slippery slope my friend.  ;D I said that EXACT thing back in 2013. "Oh I would love a couple more small mounts and a flight deck on that Eagle. It would really be like a SD then!"

...Now here I am 4 years later still working on a conversion mod that changes just about every ship in the game in some way, and adds a bunch more custom stuff I'm still working on. It just.. kind of happens. lol
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14