Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Is the Idoneus Faction on Hiatus?  (Read 1719 times)

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
Is the Idoneus Faction on Hiatus?
« on: January 15, 2017, 03:23:26 AM »

In general, this question seems either badly timed, or is in general something to be kept to myself, but.

Is the Idoneus Citadel Exiles faction on hiatus? Or is it confirmed to not get anymore updates?

Most likely it's on hold for 0.8 to drop, but it's a bit of worth asking.
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Is the Idoneus Faction on Hiatus?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 11:29:03 AM »

Hi Takion. Thanks for your interest  :)

I don't have any plans to continue working on ICE, but it's up for grabs for anyone who wants to maintain it (it's not easy to maintain). I've considered creating a faction similar to ICE but with more of a focus on quality than quantity, but there always seem to be more important ways to spend my time. One day, perhaps  :)

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
Re: Is the Idoneus Faction on Hiatus?
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 03:51:37 AM »

Hi Takion. Thanks for your interest  :)

I don't have any plans to continue working on ICE, but it's up for grabs for anyone who wants to maintain it (it's not easy to maintain). I've considered creating a faction similar to ICE but with more of a focus on quality than quantity, but there always seem to be more important ways to spend my time. One day, perhaps  :)

I am aware that it's up for grabs to maintain and prepare, due seeing the thread of a 7.2a updated Idoneus Faction, but i'm also thinking of doing my own someday.

As for the similar faction you're thinking of, take your time, plan out the stages, get stuff out of the way first (hopefully the stuff doesn't always move in the way of your plans haha) and prevail.

It's always a neat thing to be able to take some time off and think along the way of the best bits :D
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.