Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19

Author Topic: [0.97a] Detailed Combat Results v5.4.0 (2024-02-04)  (Read 267218 times)

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Combat Analytics & Detailed Combat Results v4.3 (2019-06-21)
« Reply #75 on: August 03, 2019, 09:23:53 AM »

Gah!  I think I know what the issue is.  There are some complexities in determining child vs parent dmg that's useful for MIRVs that is interfering here.  I'll sort it out today.  Thanks!

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 14, 2019, 06:01:17 PM »

Hello there! I have a question and a bug report:

The question is, what is the "flux" damage in the battle report? Is that supposed to be soft flux dealt from beams? EMP damage?

The bug report, is that the damage being done by High Velocity Drivers is entirely reported in the "flux" column, which is very weird as I've seen it impacting both shields and hull.

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Combat Analytics & Detailed Combat Results v4.3 (2019-08-18)
« Reply #77 on: August 18, 2019, 09:11:08 PM »

New version is up (4.4), should fix issues caused by 4.3 trying to calculate MIRV damage.

dorgus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Combat Analytics & Detailed Combat Results v4.4 (2019-08-18)
« Reply #78 on: August 22, 2019, 05:41:06 PM »

Is it not possible to track the damage of Doom's mine? I think there are a few other ship mechanics that this mod doesn't track.

Even though this mod is amazing. Thank you for developing it. It changed the game for me.

EDIT: it seems the mod does track mine damage. Just noticed my overall damage on the summary is different from the sum of the damage dealt by all my weapons. It just doesn't show the mine damage separately.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 05:54:29 PM by dorgus »

writeru

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 26, 2019, 07:44:02 PM »

Hey Nick, I hope Im not being a bother, but I've registered here just to ask if your mod can also do something. I was searching for a mod that allow me to see how much of the dead crew after a battle were pilots. In fact there was some discussion on reddit and other people seemed excited for something like this. For me just a flat division of dead crew between pilots and normal crew would be enough, but I think it could be even better if we could see how many crew died each way, by hull damange, piloting, explosion of ship, etc

sotanaht

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 31, 2019, 07:54:19 PM »

My Paragon's plasma cannons are showing 0 damage in the analytics no matter what.  I usually fly it myself so I know they are getting use/doing damage.

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 02, 2019, 09:06:25 PM »

Is it not possible to track the damage of Doom's mine? I think there are a few other ship mechanics that this mod doesn't track.

Even though this mod is amazing. Thank you for developing it. It changed the game for me.

EDIT: it seems the mod does track mine damage. Just noticed my overall damage on the summary is different from the sum of the damage dealt by all my weapons. It just doesn't show the mine damage separately.
My Paragon's plasma cannons are showing 0 damage in the analytics no matter what.  I usually fly it myself so I know they are getting use/doing damage.
Both probably related to to general issue of not being able to track explosion damage, I'll make a note to double check that both of these work when we get the new damage event model in the next release!

Hey Nick, I hope Im not being a bother, but I've registered here just to ask if your mod can also do something. I was searching for a mod that allow me to see how much of the dead crew after a battle were pilots. In fact there was some discussion on reddit and other people seemed excited for something like this. For me just a flat division of dead crew between pilots and normal crew would be enough, but I think it could be even better if we could see how many crew died each way, by hull damange, piloting, explosion of ship, etc

I track crew killed, by the player, but don't surface it anywhere as I thought it was too grim and seeing a body-count that makes the player a monster was a bit jarring :P

But tracking crew lost from fighters should be possible (and losses in general).  I'll add a note to do it in the next major release!

Orion03

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 03, 2019, 04:58:10 PM »

This is amazing, thank you very much.

Electrum

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 04, 2019, 06:16:24 AM »

Hello. Love the mod. Question: What is "Pro Rata DP"? Is it a measure of how much damage the ship did relative to it's own deployment cost?

Thanks.

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 04, 2019, 09:48:46 AM »

Hello. Love the mod. Question: What is "Pro Rata DP"? Is it a measure of how much damage the ship did relative to it's own deployment cost?

Thanks.

It's the pro-rated amount of Deployment Points that ship is responsible for destroying.  For example, if ship A did 75% of the total damage to a destroyed 40 DP ship (ship B), ship A's Pro Rata DP against ship B would be 30.  And in the top grid, this is the sum of all that ships pro rata DP.

So it's a high level measure of just how useful a ship was, damage wise, in combat.

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 04, 2019, 09:54:31 AM »

The question is, what is the "flux" damage in the battle report? Is that supposed to be soft flux dealt from beams? EMP damage?

Sorry missed this earlier, the Flux stat is the amount of EMP damage that a weapon specifically delivers.  EMP isn't included in most damage totals since it's usually close to an order of magnitude larger than everything else.

aikixd

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 04, 2019, 11:08:26 AM »

Can you please add a few additional stats: Flux overflow count, Damage when zapped, Damage when venting, Damage while shields are up (to know if the ship is flanked a lot), Mean time between ventings.

Very helpful mod, thanx.

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 04, 2019, 02:18:12 PM »

Can you please add a few additional stats: Flux overflow count, Damage when zapped, Damage when venting, Damage while shields are up (to know if the ship is flanked a lot), Mean time between ventings.

Very helpful mod, thanx.

Glad you like it! 

I think your request probably getting a bit too far into the weeds for what the mods main goal is, which is to help you determine if a ship & weapon load-out is performing as you would expect.  The things you mention would certainly be interesting, personally I'd like to know what % of damage is caused when a ship is overloaded.  But knowing those things probably wouldn't help me make any better decisions about the things I can change (captain/ship/mods/weapons). 

Let me note these things and I'll look at them again when I do the next major release!

aikixd

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 05, 2019, 01:52:03 AM »

Very helpful mod, thanx.
I think your request probably getting a bit too far into the weeds for what the mods main goal is, which is to help you determine if a ship & weapon load-out is performing as you would expect.  The things you mention would certainly be interesting, personally I'd like to know what % of damage is caused when a ship is overloaded.  But knowing those things probably wouldn't help me make any better decisions about the things I can change (captain/ship/mods/weapons).

I want to know whether the shields and their configuration are performing well. If I need to change flux configuration or mod the shields. Right now all I can know is whether my weapons are performing well.

DornoDiosMio

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 22, 2019, 04:02:21 PM »

Thanks so much for this mod. It has so much useful information and is really great. It is hard to imagine playing without it now.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19