Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19

Author Topic: [0.97a] Detailed Combat Results v5.4.0 (2024-02-04)  (Read 267246 times)

ike

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Does this look like the issue you're running into:  https://github.com/PowerShell/Microsoft.PowerShell.Archive/issues/11   ?
Yes exactly, and your new archive just works. Thanks!
Now I don't have to apply the workaround you can see in this stackex :P
https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/166159/convert-a-windows-created-zip-to-linux-internal-paths-issue

stormbringer951

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Combat Analytics & Detailed Combat Results v4.0 (2019-05-24)
« Reply #61 on: June 04, 2019, 09:11:35 AM »

If anyone has any idea how to get a ships sprite image from hull type or something like that, let me know!

Code: java
ShipVariantAPI variant = Global.getSettings().getVariant("someVariantId");
String spriteName = variant.getHullSpec().getSpriteName();

EDIT:

Also, a better way to get ship names without "-class" or " class" without needing to get substrings:

variant.getHullSpec().getHullName()
« Last Edit: June 04, 2019, 10:00:26 AM by stormbringer951 »
Weapons Group Controls mod - deselect all weapon groups, hold-down hold-fire mode, toggle alternating/linked fire
Captain's Log - throw away your notepad: custom notes, ruins and salvageable reminders
Old Hyperion - for your dose of nostalgia
Adjustable Skill Thresholds - set fleet DP and fighter bay thresholds

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Combat Analytics & Detailed Combat Results v4.0 (2019-05-24)
« Reply #62 on: June 04, 2019, 03:15:17 PM »

If anyone has any idea how to get a ships sprite image from hull type or something like that, let me know!

ShipVariantAPI variant = Global.getSettings().getVariant("someVariantId");
String spriteName = variant.getHullSpec().getSpriteName();

EDIT:

Also, a better way to get ship names without "-class" or " class" without needing to get substrings:

variant.getHullSpec().getHullName()

Thanks, I got something working!  In the 4.0 version I was using the shiplist functionality, that requires a FleetMemberAPI object which can either be gotten from your current fleet (which doesn't work if that ship is dead or not in your fleet), or you can save the FleetMemberAPI object from the battle and hope you're not dragging around a dump-truck of state that was never intended to be persisted.  So instead I'm just now faking something that looks like the ship list and only has to save a few strings.  It's not elegant, but it works and is pretty safe for an upgrade path (although the smart thing is to just do multiple versions of intel plugins, but that's it's own PITA to deal with).

I have a few more combat results todos around:
* Try to be more accurate with damage actually dealth
* Fighter subtotals (since we're mostly concerned with is fighter X more effective than fighter Y) when evaluating these things.  Or at least I am.

vorpal+5

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Combat Analytics & Detailed Combat Results v4.1 (2019-05-28)
« Reply #63 on: June 16, 2019, 09:07:54 PM »

Hi,

The damages done by the Tactical Laser are definitively under-reported. This is systematic.

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 17, 2019, 08:48:21 AM »

I'll check it out, thanks!

vorpal+5

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 17, 2019, 12:13:52 PM »

Please tell me what you find, because I have suspicions on others weapons.

And that's a great mod and tool you did, congrats!

stormbringer951

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 19, 2019, 01:42:14 PM »

Hi,

The damages done by the Tactical Laser are definitively under-reported. This is systematic.

As mentioned in the OP, damage is raw damage, doesn't take reductions from armour/shield efficiency into account, which is why some weapon types report what seems to be much higher amounts of damage done compared to other weapons (very high dps, very low damage per shot frag is most conspicuous, although comparing how much similar KE and HE weapons have done to armour+hull/shield is also pretty noticeable).

Would that account for what you've seen?
Weapons Group Controls mod - deselect all weapon groups, hold-down hold-fire mode, toggle alternating/linked fire
Captain's Log - throw away your notepad: custom notes, ruins and salvageable reminders

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2019, 05:31:29 PM »

Hi,

As mentioned in the OP, damage is raw damage, doesn't take reductions from armour/shield efficiency into account, which is why some weapon types report what seems to be much higher amounts of damage done compared to other weapons (very high dps, very low damage per shot frag is most conspicuous, although comparing how much similar KE and HE weapons have done to armour+hull/shield is also pretty noticeable).

Would that account for what you've seen?

I just looked at it a bit ago in a debugger (shout out to Ava_N for details on how to do that), there was indeed a problem with beam weapons and how their damage was determined.   The method
Code
BeamAPI.didDamageThisFrame()
appears to be misbehaving, or I'm using it incorrectly.  But when I stop using it, and instead just process beam damages the delta I saw in testing went from 500% -> 10% (with that 10% probably being from shield efficiency).

I'm working on a bunch of changes and fixes, hopefully they'll be ready by the weekend!

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Combat Analytics & Detailed Combat Results v4.2 (2019-06-21)
« Reply #68 on: June 21, 2019, 11:35:55 AM »

New version is out, check the main post for download. 
Changes:
v4.2
 New save data format to enable new functionality
 * this won't break anything
 * but your old combat data will be automatically deleted.
 * Your save game is fine.
 No longer displaying kills based on killing blows, we now display Solo Kills (> 80% of hull damage) and Assists (> 20% hull dmg)
 DP destroyed based on pro-rated armor/hull damage
 Much more accurate damage calculations.  Not perfect, much but better.
 More accurate tracking of what ships were killed.
 Fighters are now treated as a singular weapon system, since that is often the most useful way of thinking about them
 Ships details "kill" grid removed, replaced with sprites:
 * now render sprites for ships that were solo-killed
 * render ship sprites that were kill-assisted (along with a damage overlay)
 New enemy fleet status summary area
 Player ships are shown as Disabled/Destroyed/Retreated in ship list
 Added % hull remaining after combat, color coded
 Can now aggregate data based on history and generate a "Merged combat result"

« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 01:25:52 PM by Nick XR »

stormbringer951

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 21, 2019, 11:47:42 AM »

That ... is very cool.

:D

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 21, 2019, 02:26:29 PM »

Minor update to 4.2 to deal with Infinities and NaNs (Apparently NumberFormat can write a number it can't read. Super).  If you've managed to grab it before this post, please re-download!

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 28, 2019, 12:02:56 AM »

Got a downright bizarre issue with a Paragon mounting two Plasma Cannon in any of the large energy mounts; they display 0 damage dealt in the AAR, even though in-battle they did a metric ****-ton of the total DPS.

One possible culprit is that I am using an older 0.9 RC10 save (Nexerelin) loaded into 0.9.1 RC8; spawning in another Paragon via Console Commands and giving that one the Plasma Cannon(s) had the same result.

EDIT: Then again, my mod list, while not exactly small, is a tad more so than average, AND I have two personal use-only mods that may be messing around with the results:

Code
{"enabledMods": [
  "custom_test",
  "example2",
  "automatic-orders",
  "blackrock_driveyards",
  "CombatAnalytics",
  "chatter",
  "lw_radar",
  "lw_console",
  "istl_dam",
  "diableavionics",
  "gs",
  "Imperium",
  "junk_pirates_release",
  "lw_lazylib",
  "leadingPip",
  "MagicLib",
  "Neutrino",
  "nexerelin",
  "sun_ruthless_sector",
  "SEEKER",
  "shadow_ships",
  "swp",
  "speedUp",
  "sun_starship_legends",
  "underworld",
  "vesperon",
  "shaderLib"
]}
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 12:23:57 AM by TimeDiver »

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 29, 2019, 06:43:17 PM »

Got a downright bizarre issue with a Paragon mounting two Plasma Cannon in any of the large energy mounts; they display 0 damage dealt in the AAR, even though in-battle they did a metric ****-ton of the total DPS.

One possible culprit is that I am using an older 0.9 RC10 save (Nexerelin) loaded into 0.9.1 RC8; spawning in another Paragon via Console Commands and giving that one the Plasma Cannon(s) had the same result.

EDIT: Then again, my mod list, while not exactly small, is a tad more so than average, AND I have two personal use-only mods that may be messing around with the results:

I was able to repro the issue with my unmodded testing version.  I *think* the issue is the damage delivered is an AoE effect which we can't determine which weapon originated it and then properly attribute damage.
All of this will be fixed in the next release of SS by piggy backing off of some work Alex is doing.  Other weapons like flak cannons also suffer from this.

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 29, 2019, 07:07:18 PM »

I was able to repro the issue with my unmodded testing version.  I *think* the issue is the damage delivered is an AoE effect which we can't determine which weapon originated it and then properly attribute damage.
All of this will be fixed in the next release of SS by piggy backing off of some work Alex is doing.  Other weapons like flak cannons also suffer from this.
Huh. So that's why I also got surprisingly low numbers for Single/Dual Flak setups on my Conquest(s) and Onslaught(s)...

Okay, so it's an core game/engine-side issue that's kinda-difficult-to-downright-impossible to resolve. Fair enough.

While I'm here, is it working-as-designed when some (mod-created) fighter weapons are listed separately from the (condensed) fighter entries?

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Combat Analytics & Detailed Combat Results v4.3 (2019-06-21)
« Reply #74 on: August 02, 2019, 02:57:46 AM »

v4.3
 Fully compatible with prior version
 MIRV warheads should now calculate their damage properly (Thanks MesoTroniK)
 Defend against NULL in a place it shouldn't be possible but apparently is.
Rather delayed bug report (took a break from StarSector to play through stuff from the Steam Summer Sale):

Upgrading from v4.2 to v4.3 made the following vanilla weapons report zero shield/ship damage (but flux values weren't zero'd):

Ion Pulser, Mjolnir Cannon, Sabot SRM Pod, and Hypervelocity Driver.

The issue also cropped up with several mod-specific weapons (too many to list, really).

Extracting the StarSectorCombatAnalytics.jar from v4.2 and replacing v4.3's with the older one fixed the issue.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19