Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19

Author Topic: [0.97a] Detailed Combat Results v5.4.0 (2024-02-04)  (Read 267215 times)

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Combat Analytics v3.3 (2018-11-20)
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2019, 05:04:18 PM »

Will v4.0 be backwards-compatible with saves made with v3.3, or require a new start?

Either way, I'm starting a new campaign once 0.91 RC9 shows up (bug reports are still coming in, after all).
Yes!  It's backwards compatible.  It uses an internal save format that is disassociated from the code itself (which is why the mod can also be disabled without breaking anything)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 11:14:02 AM by Nick XR »

Six__Nix

• Ensign
    • View Profile

AWESOME!! Downloading now!! Can't Wait!!  ;D

Six__Nix

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Found a small bug.  Not sure how it's matching HullClass with HullImage but..

Spoiler
[close]

The Wolf [P][D] is the correct ship, it's just using the wrong graphic.  I do have a Paragon in my fleet if that helps the troubleshooting.

Let me know if u need any other info!

Thanks for the GREAT mod!!

Edit:
Interestingly enough, that is the only occurrence.  I have another wolf in my fleet that was deployed as well and it showed up fine.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 09:57:55 PM by Se7ventySix »

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Found a small bug.  Not sure how it's matching HullClass with HullImage but..

Spoiler
[close]

The Wolf [P][D] is the correct ship, it's just using the wrong graphic.  I do have a Paragon in my fleet if that helps the troubleshooting.

Let me know if u need any other info!

Thanks for the GREAT mod!!

Edit:
Interestingly enough, that is the only occurrence.  I have another wolf in my fleet that was deployed as well and it showed up fine.

If you still have the save, or you see it again, would you PM me the save?

Thanks!

Also let me know if you try the raw data analytics :)

*edit*

Actually I think I see how it can happen. I'll fix it up.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 10:08:37 PM by Nick XR »

Six__Nix

• Ensign
    • View Profile

If you still have the save, or you see it again, would you PM me the save?

Sure thing, I may have saved over the original save once or twice but i'll see which one is the closest.  I tend to use save copy a lot so I may have a good one.  I'll send it as soon as I get done with this combat session.

Also, I just noticed that the wolf in question was destroyed in combat so that may have something to do with it.

Also let me know if you try the raw data analytics :)

I've been playing around with it a little bit.  I'm new to Tableau so it's a learning curve but it's going to be sweet to have all that data available for working on builds!!

Six__Nix

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Just saw your edit!  Do u still need the save file?

Edit:
I sent it anyway just in case!  ;D
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 10:31:28 PM by Se7ventySix »

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile

New build is up.  There was an issue with guessing which FleetMemberAPI to use when one couldn't be located (for reasons).  We now simply don't render the image if we can't figure out what it should be. (If anyone has any idea how to get a ships sprite image from hull type or something like that, let me know!)

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Just saw your edit!  Do u still need the save file?

Edit:
I sent it anyway just in case!  ;D

Got it, thanks!

Six__Nix

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Not sure what's up but new version of Combat Analytics saved the files in \saves\common\combatanalytics the first 2 times I saved after the mod update but hasn't since.

I've tried re-downloading and re-installing the mod, disable / enable the mod and renaming the folder but not sure why it won't save anymore?

After re-installing the mod I did make sure to set \CombatAnalytics\data\config\settings.json > "SaveDetailedCombatData":true

Its not a big deal because it's still saving the raw data to the save file, it's just not writing the files to the save folder anymore.

Here's the list of files that it wrote after my first 2 saves before it quit working.
Spoiler
[close]

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Not sure what's up but new version of Combat Analytics saved the files in \saves\common\combatanalytics the first 2 times I saved after the mod update but hasn't since.

I've tried re-downloading and re-installing the mod, disable / enable the mod and renaming the folder but not sure why it won't save anymore?

After re-installing the mod I did make sure to set \CombatAnalytics\data\config\settings.json > "SaveDetailedCombatData":true

Its not a big deal because it's still saving the raw data to the save file, it's just not writing the files to the save folder anymore.

Here's the list of files that it wrote after my first 2 saves before it quit working.
Spoiler
[close]

It should write those after each combat.  There's a write limit of 50MB imposed by the game, but I don't think that's what you're bumping into here.
The raw data shouldn't be in the save file anymore (there still some aggregate data stored in there however).

Are there any exceptions in the log?

Thanks!

ike

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hi, first of all thanks for the great mod!

Just one thing I've noticed:
Your .zip uses backslashes as path separators when it should not, and this causes problems for many unarchivers.

This is known to happen when you use archivers that depend on certain old Windows frameworks or some other independently-made engines that don't precisely follow the standard.
What program did you use to create this zip? Can you use another program?

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Hi, first of all thanks for the great mod!

Just one thing I've noticed:
Your .zip uses backslashes as path separators when it should not, and this causes problems for many unarchivers.

This is known to happen when you use archivers that depend on certain old Windows frameworks or some other independently-made engines that don't precisely follow the standard.
What program did you use to create this zip? Can you use another program?

Hmmm, I use the PowerShell Compress-Archive command:  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/microsoft.powershell.archive/compress-archive?view=powershell-6   
Which program are you using that is giving you trouble?  I'll test options on my end and see what I can do to get thing sorted.

*edit*

Does this look like the issue you're running into:  https://github.com/PowerShell/Microsoft.PowerShell.Archive/issues/11   ?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 09:28:42 PM by Nick XR »

Six__Nix

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Not sure if this is what you are looking for but I did find this in the log. (Scroll to the bottom.)

Spoiler
1341331 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.combatanalytics.CombatAnalyticsModPlugin  - Combat Duration: 398.35886
1341331 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.combatanalytics.CombatAnalyticsModPlugin  - total time in EveryFrameDamageDetector: 1754ms  FrameCount: 92062 Mean Time Per Frame: 0.019052377745432426ms
1341357 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.combatanalytics.CombatAnalyticsModPlugin  - ArchAngel - CRUISER - Apogee - Player did 68,270dmg to 15 ships
1341357 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.combatanalytics.CombatAnalyticsModPlugin  - BioDome - CAPITAL_SHIP - Paragon - Player did 114,755dmg to 22 ships
1341357 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.combatanalytics.CombatAnalyticsModPlugin  - Black Hawk - DESTROYER - Hammerhead (D) - Player did 36,376dmg to 8 ships
1341357 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.combatanalytics.CombatAnalyticsModPlugin  - Black Pearl - CRUISER - Doom - Player did 63,433dmg to 17 ships
1341357 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.combatanalytics.CombatAnalyticsModPlugin  - Calypso - DESTROYER - Shrike (P) (D) - Player did 35,203dmg to 16 ships
1341357 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.combatanalytics.CombatAnalyticsModPlugin  - ISS Away Our Fear - DESTROYER - Hammerhead - Player did 3,427dmg to 4 ships
1341357 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.combatanalytics.CombatAnalyticsModPlugin  - ISS Muses - DESTROYER - Drover - Player did 57,950dmg to 18 ships
1341358 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.combatanalytics.CombatAnalyticsModPlugin  - Orden Amphithea - CRUISER - Aurora - Player did 29,629dmg to 10 ships
1341358 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.combatanalytics.CombatAnalyticsModPlugin  - Orden Fortuitous Voyager - DESTROYER - Drover - Player did 57,800dmg to 19 ships
1341358 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.combatanalytics.CombatAnalyticsModPlugin  - Orden Pan - CRUISER - Eagle - Player did 21,838dmg to 11 ships
1341358 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.combatanalytics.CombatAnalyticsModPlugin  - Orden Waning Day - CRUISER - Dominator - Player did 99,405dmg to 14 ships
1341358 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.combatanalytics.CombatAnalyticsModPlugin  - Roc - CRUISER - Heron - Player did 4,089dmg to 24 ships
1341358 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.combatanalytics.CombatAnalyticsModPlugin  - Valkyrie - CRUISER - Falcon (P) - Player did 94,901dmg to 8 ships
1341359 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.combatanalytics.CombatAnalyticsModPlugin  - Wombat - DESTROYER - Enforcer (P) (D) - Player did 52,600dmg to 4 ships
1341359 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.combatanalytics.CombatAnalyticsModPlugin  - Bergelmir - CRUISER - Colossus Mk.III (D) - Computer did 7,075dmg to 5 ships
1341359 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.combatanalytics.CombatAnalyticsModPlugin  - Coeurl - CRUISER - Venture - Computer did 1,115dmg to 3 ships
1341359 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.combatanalytics.CombatAnalyticsModPlugin  - Ehecatl - CRUISER - Colossus Mk.III (D) - Computer did 6,600dmg to 5 ships
1341359 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.combatanalytics.CombatAnalyticsModPlugin  - Fenris - FRIGATE - Kite (P) (D) - Computer did 1,625dmg to 1 ships
1341359 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.combatanalytics.CombatAnalyticsModPlugin  - Gorgon - CAPITAL_SHIP - Atlas Mk.II (D) - Computer did 86,550dmg to 8 ships
1341359 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.combatanalytics.CombatAnalyticsModPlugin  - Griffin - CAPITAL_SHIP - Atlas Mk.II - Computer did 9,750dmg to 4 ships
1341359 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.combatanalytics.CombatAnalyticsModPlugin  - His Timelense - CAPITAL_SHIP - Atlas Mk.II (D) - Computer did 38,345dmg to 9 ships
1341360 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.combatanalytics.CombatAnalyticsModPlugin  - Honir - CAPITAL_SHIP - Atlas Mk.II (D) - Computer did 62,475dmg to 9 ships
1341360 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.combatanalytics.CombatAnalyticsModPlugin  - In Duty - FRIGATE - Cerberus (P) (D) - Computer did 505dmg to 2 ships
1341360 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.combatanalytics.CombatAnalyticsModPlugin  - Inghean - CRUISER - Colossus Mk.III (D) - Computer did 4,150dmg to 5 ships
1341360 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.combatanalytics.CombatAnalyticsModPlugin  - Lugh - CRUISER - Falcon (P) (D) - Computer did 5,410dmg to 4 ships
1341360 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.combatanalytics.CombatAnalyticsModPlugin  - Meteor - FRIGATE - Shepherd (D) - Computer did 262dmg to 4 ships
1341360 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.combatanalytics.CombatAnalyticsModPlugin  - Mextli - DESTROYER - Enforcer (P) (D) - Computer did 5,010dmg to 3 ships
1341360 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.combatanalytics.CombatAnalyticsModPlugin  - Mixcoatl - CRUISER - Colossus Mk.III - Computer did 6,775dmg to 6 ships
1341360 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.combatanalytics.CombatAnalyticsModPlugin  - Nechtan - DESTROYER - Shrike (P) - Computer did 7,348dmg to 4 ships
1341360 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.combatanalytics.CombatAnalyticsModPlugin  - Nidhogg - DESTROYER - Mule (P) (D) - Computer did 1,624dmg to 3 ships
1341360 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.combatanalytics.CombatAnalyticsModPlugin  - Njord - CRUISER - Colossus Mk.III (D) - Computer did 1,765dmg to 5 ships
1341361 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.combatanalytics.CombatAnalyticsModPlugin  - Onward Me China - CRUISER - Venture (D) - Computer did 2,473dmg to 2 ships
1341361 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.combatanalytics.CombatAnalyticsModPlugin  - Psilone - FRIGATE - Shepherd (D) - Computer did 126dmg to 4 ships
1341361 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.combatanalytics.CombatAnalyticsModPlugin  - Sorceptor - CRUISER - Falcon (P) (D) - Computer did 13,950dmg to 5 ships
1341361 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.combatanalytics.CombatAnalyticsModPlugin  - Space Raptor - CRUISER - Venture (D) - Computer did 1,090dmg to 3 ships
1341361 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.combatanalytics.CombatAnalyticsModPlugin  - Thor - CRUISER - Colossus Mk.III (D) - Computer did 3,200dmg to 2 ships
1341361 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.combatanalytics.CombatAnalyticsModPlugin  - To Goddard With Apologies - CRUISER - Falcon (P) (D) - Computer did 34,557dmg to 7 ships
1341361 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.combatanalytics.CombatAnalyticsModPlugin  - Vent Flux Here - CAPITAL_SHIP - Atlas Mk.II (D) - Computer did 56,135dmg to 10 ships
1341361 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.combatanalytics.CombatAnalyticsModPlugin  - Wyrm - CRUISER - Colossus Mk.III (D) - Computer did 5,250dmg to 4 ships
1341361 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.combatanalytics.CombatAnalyticsModPlugin  - Xiuhcoatl - DESTROYER - Enforcer (P) (D) - Computer did 9,195dmg to 6 ships
1341361 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.combatanalytics.CombatAnalyticsModPlugin  - Yacatecuhtli - CRUISER - Colossus Mk.III (D) - Computer did 16,720dmg to 6 ships
1341361 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.combatanalytics.CombatAnalyticsModPlugin  - Zodiacal Light - CRUISER - Colossus Mk.III - Computer did 3,180dmg to 3 ships
1341427 [Thread-4] ERROR data.scripts.combatanalytics.CombatAnalyticsModPlugin  - Unable to saveRawCombatData
java.lang.RuntimeException: Max text file string length: 1048576, string length: 5183691

at com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings$1.writeTextFileToCommon(Unknown Source)
   at data.scripts.combatanalytics.SerializationManager.saveRawCombatData(SerializationManager.java:173)
   at data.scripts.combatanalytics.CombatAnalyticsCampaignEventListener.reportPlayerE ngagement(CombatAnalyticsCampaignEventListener.java:41)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.reportPlayerEngagement(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetEncounterContext.processEngagementResul ts(FleetEncounterContext.java:237)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.backFromEng agement(FleetInteractionDialogPluginImpl.java:531)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.prepare(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
1342443 [Thread-8] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Cleaning up music with id [Condottiere.ogg]
[close]

Edit:
I also found this:
Spoiler
471501 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Loading stage 30
471501 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Loading stage 31
471502 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Loading stage 32
471502 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Loading stage 33
471591 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.combatanalytics.CombatAnalyticsModPlugin  - Keyboard key 'L' will open combat analysis dialogue
471591 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.combatanalytics.CombatAnalyticsModPlugin  - SaveDetailedCombatData: true
471631 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.combatanalytics.CombatAnalyticsModPlugin  - Found 50 prior battle results
471631 [Thread-4] INFO  data.scripts.combatanalytics.CombatAnalyticsModPlugin  - MaxCombatResultCount: 50
471690 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Loading stage 34
471690 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Loading stage 35
471708 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Loading stage 36
471708 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Loading stage 37
471708 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Loading stage 38
[close]

Thanks!!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 07:09:20 PM by Se7ventySix »

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Version 4.1 is released (see original post)
Minor fixes, 100% past version compatible.

Fixes:
 Proper fighter kill count for TOTAL rows
 Denser data format for detailed combat data (to try and avoid 1MB limit, thanks Se7ventySix)
 No longer using "ship list" functionality, now using rendered sprite images in list to enable more accurate historical data display
 If SaveDetailedCombatData is set to true, save detailed results results when main menu missions are played (saved on completion)
 Images scaled slightly by hull class
 Use 7 zip command line to build archive to hopefully work around archive slash issues (thanks ike)

Nick XR

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Not sure if this is what you are looking for but I did find this in the log. (Scroll to the bottom.)

That's good!  I think I've made the issue better in the latest release (4.1).  There's a limit of writing a 1MB string at a time to the "common" area.  So I've cut down on the data being exported (grouped on the data by second, normalized weapons out into their own table, don't export ints as factions).  Hopefully that'll get you under the cutoff.  If not, let me know and I'll break up the data even more.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19