Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Polaris Prime v0.24 (RC-2) EN Edition - Post-Tournament Overhaul  (Read 36421 times)

NightfallGemini

• Commander
    • View Profile

The onedrive link isn't working properly, says the file doesn't exist anymore and even asked for a login due to 'sensitive info' (???).

E: Ah, now it works. :3
« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 09:47:35 AM by NightfallGemini »

hemlocksGM

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Howdy,

I think I found an incompatibility between Commissioned Crews and Polaris which results in a crash to desktop; I'm a little out of my depth with understanding the details but I will describe the crash as best I can.

For whatever reason, whenever I access the fleet or refit tab while docked at a market I experience a crash to desktop (Fatal: null).
I've confirmed that this crash occurs at multiple markets belonging to multiple factions, and confirmed that the crash does not occur when accessing the same tabs floating in space, and have manged to recreate the crash consistently (it happens every time, no exceptions thus far).
My modlist at current is sparse specifically for testing purposes:
Nerlexin
LazyLib
GraphicsLib
MagicLib
Polaris Prime
Commisioned Crews

I've confirmed that the CTD does not occur when I disable commissioned crews, and I've since re downloaded each mod and tried again to ensure it wasn't because something was out of date; the crash still occurs.

Looking through starsector.log this is the excerpt I think is responsible for the crash (I could be wrong, not really sure what I'm looking for).

''
32303 [Thread-4] WARN  com.fs.starfarer.loading.WeaponSpreadsheetLoader  - Error figuring out MIRV spec details
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.WeaponSpreadsheetLoader.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.WeaponSpreadsheetLoader.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.WeaponSpreadsheetLoader.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.ÒO0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
''

I'm departing for work in a bit, but please let me know if I can provide any additional information.

Ced Riggs

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Can confirm the above as happening on my end, too. Currently ComCrews and Polaris do not work together. Sad times.

Scarlet-MagicianX26

• Ensign
  • Mainly a writer, but does some translation work.
    • View Profile

Emergency Update: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AioUjxIJ8CxDvD4n0YuLTYjF8NuM?e=6KQlhg

If you are curious, there were a bunch of syntax errors in the CCrew hullmod for Polaris that kept causing them to crash. I've gone and fixed them.

Young man, strive to be the best, so that you can cry against the endless apathy of the world. For until our story ends by the touch of death, let it be weaved into the grandest tapestries of life.
==|==

Priestacity

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Polaris Prime v0.24 (RC-2) EN Edition - Post-Tournament Overhaul
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2020, 09:55:46 PM »

Having looked through all the mods, the ships in this one stand out quite a bit in a good way. I'll definitely be giving it a try on my next playthrough.
Pages: 1 2 [3]