Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Retreat flaw  (Read 3684 times)

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
Retreat flaw
« on: January 10, 2017, 07:05:14 PM »

Hey All

Having a problem that pops up occassionally, but it only happens in rather specific circumstances:

-You call a 'Full Retreat' (usually after getting your rear handed to you).
-Your ship (speicifically your ship) is within the retreat edge of the map.

What happens when I do this is I immediately lose control of the ship (it goes to autopilot), and my ship retreats. Very briefly the prompt to retreat by pressing enter pops up, until my ship auto-retreats. My other ships in my fleet then also retreat. And then I'm stuck staring at the battle map. There's no freeze; the battle environment remains active (asteroids, wrecks and enemy ships still move around). Calling up tab shows you can't call in reinforcements, and you can't select anything. It's like something in the code fails to see that you've escaped and the combat is ended, and you can't move on to the post-battle prompt. The thing to stress here is there is no crash - you just remain stuck on the battle map unable to do anything until you call up the menu and exit the game, which puts you back at the main menu. Consequently nothing interesting shows up in the log:

Code
7020574 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.O  - Creating streaming player for music with id [faction_tritach_encounter_02_hostile.ogg]
7020575 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.H  - Playing music with id [faction_tritach_encounter_02_hostile.ogg]
7021594 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine  - FP1: 51, FP2: 41, maxFP1: 165, maxFP2: 135
7021850 [Thread-4] INFO  org.histidine.chatter.combat.ChatterCombatPlugin  - Chatter plugin initialized
7022852 [Thread-8] INFO  sound.O  - Cleaning up music with id [faction_tritach_encounter_02_hostile.ogg]
7023077 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.O  - Creating streaming player for music with id [steel_rain.ogg]
7023113 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.H  - Playing music with id [steel_rain.ogg]
7186160 [Thread-8] INFO  sound.O  - Cleaning up music with id [steel_rain.ogg]
7186356 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.O  - Creating streaming player for music with id [CloakandDagger.ogg]
7186358 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.H  - Playing music with id [CloakandDagger.ogg]
7341108 [Thread-4] INFO  org.histidine.chatter.combat.ChatterCombatPlugin  - Chatter plugin initialized
7341160 [Thread-4] INFO  sound.O  - Creating streaming player for music with id [miscallenous_main_menu.ogg]
7341162 [Thread-8] INFO  sound.O  - Cleaning up music with id [CloakandDagger.ogg]
7348263 [Thread-4] INFO  sound.O  - Cleaning up music with id [FearMachine.ogg]
7348264 [Thread-4] INFO  sound.O  - Cleaning up music with id [expanse.ogg]
7348269 [Thread-8] INFO  sound.O  - Cleaning up music with id [miscallenous_main_menu.ogg]
7348442 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.O  - Creating streaming player for music with id [miscallenous_main_menu.ogg]
7348442 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.H  - Playing music with id [miscallenous_main_menu.ogg]

Not sure what the issue is, but thought you might like to know.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Retreat flaw
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 11:04:40 AM »

Thanks for the report. Hmm - are you able to reproduce this consistently? Are you running the game with mods and/or have you seen this happen in vanilla?

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
Re: Retreat flaw
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 05:40:39 PM »

It's not something that happens often, largely because it's not a situation I find myself in a lot. But it does seem that when the situation occurs, the bug happens more often than not (about 3 times out of 5?).

I run Starsector with mods, never vanilla. All mods are up to date:

Code
AudioPlus
Blackrock Drive Yards
Combat Alarm Sounds
Combat Chatter
Common Radar
Console Command
Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering
Diable Avionics
Dyna Sector
ElizaLib