Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Smuggling hull mod  (Read 3839 times)

blaa

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Smuggling hull mod
« on: January 08, 2017, 08:53:28 AM »

So I started a game as a smuggler, played around a little and decided to install some mods, Nexerelin, SS+, DS, misc and faction mods to be precise.
However the modded game presented me with new starting options and smuggler wasn´t one of them and now for the life of me I cannot find the hull mod that
was pre-installed on the smuggler ship- it made cargo scans not detect illegal goods.
Which hull mod is that and how can I get it?
E: So it seems I want "Shielded Cargo Holds". How do I get it though? It´s not in the list when refitting. Is it pre-installed on certain types of ships?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 09:00:30 AM by blaa »

Doom101

• Admiral
  • Doom will always find you.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel
Re: Smuggling hull mod
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 09:08:33 AM »

I haven't played the most recent version, but logic from the last few updates probably still holds up here, unless a mod changed it. Your best bet if the hull mod is player selectable, As in not tied to specific ships, then it'll be under a skill, try looking at all the tech skills to see if one of them is harboring it somewhere down the line of progression. If none of the skills have it, then it's likely tied to specific ship's hulls.
When you can't go on, just accept your doom. It comes to all, it is inevitable.

Also I totally had the name BEFORE the cruiser.

borgrel

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 09:25:16 AM »

if u open the codex in the game u'll be able to see which ships have what on them

the cerberus, decurion (D) (pirate varient), hades (which is a high powerer modified version of the cerberus that u can capture in the 2nd IBB mission), hound, silverfish ...... etc have

if u play as pirates or junk pirates or p.a.c.k you should have more access to shielded cargo vessels.
if u want.

Mini S

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2017, 09:29:36 AM »

Actually Shielded Cargo Holds mod is ship specific hullmod.
It can be found on the hound and cerberus from the original game. Some mods add ships which can have that hull mod. Also some mods edit original ships(like ships and weapons pack that changes the sunder and rename the original sunder to sunder(S)).
The best way to see which ships use that hullmod go to the codex(Ships not ships Variants) as all mods that came on a ship(and are impossible to remove) are displayed there.
Hope this helps.

SpacePoliticianAndaZealot

• Captain
  • The Show Stopper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2017, 09:33:46 AM »

Shielded cargo holds is only available pre-installed on some ships - like the Hound. If you wish to make it available otherwise, I think you can fiddle around in the hullmods.csv file. (You shoud get CSVed for that.)

blaa

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2017, 11:22:39 AM »

Thanks guys, and nice to see such an active forum

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2017, 03:58:45 AM »

Your best bet later on is to use pirate marked (red cargo containers) Buffalo freighters and some dedicated combat ships along with them. The Hound is a great ship but by midgame it's made of paper.

Smuggling is still an option in SS+, it's just a sub-option somewhere in the decision tree, in the same group as pirate raider and corsair (?) I believe.