Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: False flag  (Read 8234 times)

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Re: False flag
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2017, 10:40:29 AM »

Yes, OP suggestion is different from what is actually in the game.  Current way in game makes no sense.  If I do what makes sense (kill obviously evil enemy hoping to avoid death by changing faction clothes at the last moment), then the new faction gets very angry.  Yes, after the first time it happened, I was surprised, and I do not do that anymore.  But it is still aggravating.  It is like an unknown criminal putting on police uniform in plain sight of officers chasing him, and cops act like "Oh, he's one of us!"  That is looney tunes crazy!
I wonder if you actually thought for a moment, "hey, this probably isn't intended and is just a limitation at the moment" because yes, I'm sure we can all agree that it's pretty silly.  But complaining about it (and I seem to hear you mention that every time you bring up any thing for some reason) perpetually isn't going to get it changed any faster, because for it to be changed, it needs the basis of another mechanic, like this.  You also fail to mention a fix every time as well.  Just something I find annoying of you in particular.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: False flag
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2017, 01:00:02 PM »

I do not think much of the smugglers' false flag because it is rarely impacts me (I do not play early-game for long).  I brought it up to offer my opinion in this topic, even if it might be annoying for some, since it seems relevant.  I doubt I would have brought it up otherwise.

I do not need to justify (i.e., offer solutions to) every gripe I have with the game.  Just because I do not always offer a solution does not mean I cannot complain about something that bugs me.

Besides, if I complain that some ship has too few OP, do I really need to write "add more OP" for formality's sake of offering a solution?

P.S.  Before anyone gets the wrong idea, no, I do not go out of my way to log in and deliberately troll people while I scheme with glee "Let's see what I, Megas, will post to agitate and start a flame war!"

P.P.S.  Occasionally, I may lament and complain about a few things where the solution is something that Alex will almost certainly never do.  For example, beams hit for soft flux and are not generally useful like bullets are.  Obvious solution:  Make beams hit for hard flux (and add another problem where AI cannot defend against continuous hard flux buildup).  After years of beams being as they are in the game, I can bet that beams will not changed to hit for hard flux.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 01:22:54 PM by Megas »
Pages: 1 [2]