Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: [0.97a] Grytpype and Moriarty Defence Authority 0.9.9h (New Version Ed.)  (Read 271159 times)

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
Re: [0.81a]Grytpype and Moriarty Defence Authority 0.6d (Version Checker Ed.)
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2017, 03:42:39 PM »

I just downloaded it to a public source, so it should be working. Anyone else have this problem?

2_Wycked

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2017, 04:25:33 PM »

I'm getting an "unsupported command" error preventing me from opening the DL'd file. Weird.

2_Wycked

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2017, 06:31:30 AM »

Yeah my 7 zip was being stupid, I got it working. Stoked to try this one, ships look rad

Surge

• Captain
  • Go big or go home.
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a]Grytpype and Moriarty Defence Authority 0.6d (Version Checker Ed.)
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2017, 02:43:04 PM »

So uh, the GM Hammerhead has less than a minute of PPT, I haven't gotten my hands on any other GM ships yet but it feels wrong that even with hardened subsystems a destroyer is best compared to an SO Lasher

edit: looking through the codex most of the baseline GM ships seem to fall FAR below what I would call "minimally viable" PPT, with a base PPT on the Lasher GM of 36 seconds there's just no realistic scenario in which the ship can be useful except extremely small, low intensity fights, and even there it will suffer grossly due to having all its cargo and fuel capacity stripped out. The benefits of the GMDA retrofit seem to be pretty comparable to just installing SO, but the downsides are massively more severe.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 02:50:17 PM by Surge »

Surge

• Captain
  • Go big or go home.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2017, 04:11:15 PM »

I suppose? I think CR per deployment would be a better stat to hammer into the dirt than to give a destroyer less than half the PPT of a frigate.

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2017, 04:58:56 PM »

I suppose? I think CR per deployment would be a better stat to hammer into the dirt than to give a destroyer less than half the PPT of a frigate.

It's kind of a playstyle thing; if you're playing as a player with the ship, then the poor peak time restricts it's usage to short bursts (as intended). If you're playing against the AI who have these ships, then the obvious strategy is to wait them out, then mob them once their CR has dropped to 0%. Further, it prevents their repeated usage anyway due to poor peak time.

Also lore-wise they're supposed to run out of steam quickly - they're a lot of rather questionable modifications added to existing ships that make them fast, without much thought into anything else. Heck, the reduced armour is often listed as a feature. The GM Tarsus and GM Condor are both actually garbage when you look look at it objectively. The only situations they're supposed to be good in is high-speed pursuit or very fast hit-and-run ttacks, hence making them an annoying if very niche sort of ship style.

Surge

• Captain
  • Go big or go home.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2017, 09:41:56 PM »

Holy jesus, I gave the GM Hammerhead a more strike-oriented loadout and a good combat endurance officer and it became an unholy terror, the AI managed to more or less solo a pirate cruiser with it.

ApetureUnicorn

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2017, 01:35:36 AM »

holy heckaroo these ships are beautiful

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Grytpype and Moriarty Defence Authority 0.6e (Logistics Ed.)
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2018, 11:35:41 PM »

From the steaming depths of Lanchishire Station Tea Buffet, comes a chilling new update to the GMDA: The "Logistcal Update", now with improved sprites, the Tarsus (GM) is now no longer complete garbage (but it's still pretty bad), the Tarsus (GMs) is now a little bit better (but not by much), two new civilian ships to replace the Tarsus (GMs), and some touching up of the Wayfarer Sprites. Also reduced the number of fleets you'll encounter so putting this on while playing as a faction is no longer suicide. This change will only apply to new games, however.

Linky Link, and please tell me if anything goes horribly wrong please.

And as for future updates...

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Grytpype and Moriarty Defence Authority 0.7 (Bad Idea Fairy Ed.)
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2018, 01:31:42 AM »

AND IT'S BACK WITH MORE.

Specifically, MORE BAD IDEAS.

Code
0.7 changelog 
-Sprite Tweaks on Hammerhead, Lashers, Wolves and Wayfarers
-Falcon (GM) loses two small missiles, now has double medium composite hardpoints at the front. Suffers from Poor Missile Integration, reducing missile ammo and rate of fire by 25%, no Expanded Missile Racks
-Sunder (GM) added; loses two small missiles and two medium energies, replaced with two medium synergy, suffers from Poor missile Integration (see above)
-Vigilance (GM) added; loses traditional layout two get two medium synergies, suffers from Poor Missile Integration (See Above)
-Onslaught (GM) added; reworked weapons layout, fairly fast for an Onslaught, but overall weaker package.
-Crun Gun sprite touched up, weapon now fires slightly faster and with more flux efficiency
-Bluebottler tweaked to have more EMP and more flux efficiency, removed PD tag; now an EMP spewing assault annoyance.
-Chaser Missiles reduced damage from 1500 to 1000, missile AI now actually works.
-GMDA Hullmod loses flux and damage bonuses, gets a bit more peak performance back, and loses some hull; these ships now die very, very fast without shielding.

Link HERE. Very good chance this will break saves.

Amie

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2018, 02:18:18 AM »

Wanted to try this out,but i got error when the game was trying to load up

Fatal:DIRECTORY: C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\GrytpypeMoriarty
(data/world/factions/gmda.faction)
Expected a ',' or '}' at 4588 [character 4 line 172]
Check starsector.log for more info.

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2018, 03:11:49 AM »

Wanted to try this out,but i got error when the game was trying to load up

Fatal:DIRECTORY: C:\Program Files (x86)\Fractal Softworks\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\GrytpypeMoriarty
(data/world/factions/gmda.faction)
Expected a ',' or '}' at 4588 [character 4 line 172]
Check starsector.log for more info.

How the hell did I miss that?

Apologies, fixed the original download, just redownload and reinstall as usual.

Toxcity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2018, 05:24:41 AM »

Haven't played SS in a while, but nice to see this mod again. Sprites lookong great!

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2018, 07:56:51 AM »

That...is a beautifully done and beautifully made sprite, King Alfonzo.
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2018, 11:52:16 PM »

A brief update to correct a weapon mount that should be a hardpoint, yet isn't, on the Venture (GM); and fixed the [REDACTED] to be less [REDACTED].

Link Here. Since Updated.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10