Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: [0.97a] Grytpype and Moriarty Defence Authority 0.9.9h (New Version Ed.)  (Read 271090 times)

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
Re: Grytpype and Moriarty Defence Authority 0.6d (0.8.1a compliant)
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2017, 07:51:25 PM »

Harken thy ears and noses, for the time has come for this modification of Sector of the Stars to be released in an updated format, released as a series of one.

Further, animated images have been subtley grafted upon the initial post. Behold and marvel at the glory on visual capture!

OzarMidrashim

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.81a]Grytpype and Moriarty Defence Authority 0.6d
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2017, 03:22:14 PM »

Space Police...pursuit to cut down poor retreating forces.
Nice, to this point i used Diable Avionics for this task, they ware almost able to cach up everything.

Love the sprites...they are cute...somewhow...like from Asia candy store =P
Maybe now someone will make a "Full Throttle" Radider Bikers-like minifaction bursting with exhaustion pipes?
Mods are like drugs for games - they allow to customise and expand experiance...
...yet be carefull not to mix to much or overload...as conflicts yield terrible results.
There is only one rule always in (load)order...be responsible and know what you're doing.

etherealblade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2017, 07:52:15 PM »

Love the ship designs. Always love to see a new faction mod. :o
Spoiler

[close]

Ahne

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2017, 11:13:34 PM »

Looks good, nice presentation.

Bastion.Systems

• Captain
  • Special Circumstances LCU
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2017, 04:17:44 AM »

I have to say that your pixel art skills have really improved since you started this effort, totally gonna try this out now and give feedback at some point.

bananana

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2017, 06:41:22 AM »

i think there is not enough hammer in your hammerhead
Any and ALL sprites i ever posted on this forum are FREE to use. even if i'm using them myself. Don't ever, EVER ask for permission, or i will come to your home and EAT YOUR DOG!!!
i do NOT want to see my name appear in the credits section of any published mod and will consider it a personal insult.

zeno0010

• Lieutenant
  • Light Shines Brightest In The Dark
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2017, 01:26:25 AM »

A great little mod! The ships look great and i love the variety in the frigates lines, really makes you want to collect them all. Ive never had a reason to take hardened subsystems before and trying to rid yourself of the enemy asap was a real nice change in pace.

Ive gotten  through 2 profiles with nothing but GM ships and ive never even *seen* either reds, a gold, or a pink in the market. Are they incredibly rare? Has anyone gotten them without raiding GM fleets?  
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 01:28:26 AM by zeno0010 »

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2017, 01:59:43 AM »

The golds and pinks are deliberately rare; they're very powerful ships when properly kitted out.

Not too sure about the reds - they should be as common as the other coloured stock options.

EDIT: What are you talking about? There always WAS a market on Ilm! Clearly you're seeing things.

Botaragno

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.81a]Grytpype and Moriarty Defence Authority 0.6d (You Saw Nothing Ed.)
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2017, 11:12:46 AM »

>Fast
>Superior Flux
>Hit And Run

These kinda ship specs always seem to translate into "annoying fuckers that'll kite your ships and reduce any engagement into a AI peashooting CR attrition war" ingame.
Some day the Conquest will be a viable capital..... some day....

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2017, 06:54:26 PM »

>Fast
>Superior Flux
>Hit And Run

These kinda ship specs always seem to translate into "annoying fuckers that'll kite your ships and reduce any engagement into a AI peashooting CR attrition war" ingame.

You left out
>Absence of Peak Operating Time or Poor Ordinance

So you can't really kite, or kite effectively, without running into troubles in a reasonable amount of time. Just outlast them and you'll be able to deal with them pretty easily.

ANGRYABOUTELVES

• Admiral
  • AE ALTADOON GHARTOK PADHOME
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2017, 06:11:45 AM »

You left out
>Absence of Peak Operating Time or Poor Ordinance

So you can't really kite, or kite effectively, without running into troubles in a reasonable amount of time. Just outlast them and you'll be able to deal with them pretty easily.
Full disclaimer, I haven't played with this mod, but I believe that's exactly the "peashooting CR attrition war" he's complaining about. "Peashooting" because they have poor ordinance, "CR attrition war" because they have very low PPT. CR wars are a necessary evil to prevent infinitely long battles, but for the sake of enjoyable gameplay they shouldn't be the only way or even the best way to kill something.

Fortunately, in 0.8 there is another way these kind of battles can end; in fighters. Admittedly I don't know exactly how fast these ships go, but I doubt they can outpace interceptors. Having a carrier with some Talons or Gladii or other fast fighters does wonders in terms of clearing the battlespace of pesky frigates.

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2017, 05:19:51 PM »

They do have a weakness to fighters and missiles; they have slightly better flux and are quicker, but also lack armour. Getting around the shields can and will cause considerable damage. A well placed MIRV, Sabot or Warthog strike should be enough to critically destroy a ship.

montaropdf

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2017, 12:28:34 PM »

A well placed MIRV, Sabot or Warthog strike should be enough to critically destroy a ship.

Destroying a ship is always a critical situation for the other side ;)

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
Re: [0.81a]Grytpype and Moriarty Defence Authority 0.6d (Version Checker Ed.)
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2017, 03:51:21 AM »

Just a very, very, very minor update: GMDA now has Version Checker support and a small spellcheck for the Tarsus (GMs)t

Orikson

• Captain
  • Always Seen on Discord
    • View Profile
Re: [0.81a]Grytpype and Moriarty Defence Authority 0.6d (Version Checker Ed.)
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2017, 06:26:59 AM »

I'm not sure if there's something wrong on my end, but it seems I can't download the file.
"A story teller and a trader. Tell me your tales and I'll tell you no lies."

Come join the Starsector Fan Chat! It's decently active.

Link: https://discord.gg/eb5UC
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10