Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 29

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Arsenal Expansion v1.5.5 - Housekeeping  (Read 630309 times)

tzuridis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Arsenal Expansion v1.5.1 - Field Operations
« Reply #255 on: December 04, 2018, 03:02:58 PM »

Thank you

XpanD

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 12, 2018, 12:34:40 PM »

Wow, just came across a certain bit of content in this that blew me away. Had to look it up when I came across it, and was surprised when I couldn't find anything -- turns out it's a part of a mod, and not the core game! The sprite art and overall quality of the whole thing had me fooled.

I'm in love with the Daemon as well, those things are great for hunting down fleeing AI. Very satisfying to finally see those pesky frigates not make their getaway with 5 hull remaining.

One thing I have noticed, and I'm not sure if this is just due to my fleet composition... The Tremor and Vanquish were really squishy, especially the former. I had them under AI control, but was having a lot of trouble keeping them alive. The Vanquish fared a bit better than the Tremor, but it still felt a bit fragile for its size. I also second the notion of the mines being a bit too pricey for what they do, looking forward to seeing how the changes there will play out.

Thanks for making this.

Sin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 12, 2018, 12:55:05 PM »

I have used Vanquish for a while as my flagship in my last campaign and it felt almost indestructible.
I used PD weapons heavily in small slots and shield only for heavy non missile shots (or there were too many torpedos at once).Tried to stick to low tech weapons so they do not use too much flux and it works just fine.
I will post screenshot  when i will the game later, but overall Vanquish is great.

Tei

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 12, 2018, 03:46:08 PM »

Wow, just came across a certain bit of content in this that blew me away. Had to look it up when I came across it, and was surprised when I couldn't find anything -- turns out it's a part of a mod, and not the core game! The sprite art and overall quality of the whole thing had me fooled.

I'm in love with the Daemon as well, those things are great for hunting down fleeing AI. Very satisfying to finally see those pesky frigates not make their getaway with 5 hull remaining.

One thing I have noticed, and I'm not sure if this is just due to my fleet composition... The Tremor and Vanquish were really squishy, especially the former. I had them under AI control, but was having a lot of trouble keeping them alive. The Vanquish fared a bit better than the Tremor, but it still felt a bit fragile for its size. I also second the notion of the mines being a bit too pricey for what they do, looking forward to seeing how the changes there will play out.

Thanks for making this.

What fleets even use the Vanquish? I have this mod installed but the Hegemony still only uses Legions and Onslaughts, but I have not seen a single Vanquish anywhere.

XpanD

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 12, 2018, 04:02:29 PM »

I'm not too sure where I got mine, lost it a few days ago. I'm keeping an eye out for more, though -- from reading the comment on low flux usage I'm wondering if I just over-armed it, now.

Inventor Raccoon

• Captain
  • Digging through trash for a hydroflux catalyst
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Arsenal Expansion v1.5.2 - Thematic
« Reply #260 on: December 14, 2018, 01:43:22 PM »

... it's about time.

On the negative-eleventh day of Christmas, Raccoon gave to me~
A new version of AE.

Update 1.5.2 is out, bringin ?? incompatibility is likely. the ninth return. promise.

print changelog ae152
Spoiler
- The Ninth return
- Promise
- New sprite for non-degraded Scrapper to reflect its military status (swanky new lowtech paint!)
- Anti-Ship Mine Bays - fiddled with mine spawning, reduced mine damage (1000 > 750), increased mine health (250 > 400)
[close]

> CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD AE 1.5.2a <
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 06:09:10 PM by Inventor Raccoon »

Inventor Raccoon

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Arsenal Expansion v1.5.2a - Thematic
« Reply #261 on: December 14, 2018, 06:09:48 PM »

Quick hotfix to fix a crash-to-desktop that snuck through testing. Should be save-compatible with 1.5.2.

Agalyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 20, 2018, 09:09:29 PM »

Is there a download of the 0.8.1 version available? I picked through the forums but couldn't find it. I'd really appreciate one for playing with older mods.

[EDIT] Disregard that, I'm blind and its on page 17.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 09:12:58 PM by HeartofDiscord »

Sin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 24, 2018, 01:15:55 PM »

Two things about 9th which i am not sure if it is a feature or a bug:
1st - all of their systems are fully explored from the beginning of the game so you can actually find their systems on the map immediately.
2nd - their fleets do not attack me in their system at all. I have set up a colony in their systems and it seems they just ignoring me, but when my battle station is up they go for it right away.

Inventor Raccoon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 24, 2018, 01:23:14 PM »

At the moment Ninth Battlegroup fleets only attack transponder-on players. In the future this will be changed as I make them slightly closer to a regular faction.

Spess Mahren

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 30, 2018, 01:42:00 PM »

I have had a few games where it seems "promise" did not generate, also looked through Hybrasil for a certain ship but unless it can spawn in the outer reaches it wasn't there.

Inventor Raccoon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 30, 2018, 02:18:38 PM »

I have had a few games where it seems "promise" did not generate, also looked through Hybrasil for a certain ship but unless it can spawn in the outer reaches it wasn't there.
Was reworked in 1.5.2. Check the bar every once in a while, you'll dig something up eventually.

Worachot

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 01, 2019, 03:02:36 PM »

hi,

just wanted to bring to your attention that the Persean League seems bugged.

when i fight them in the middle of empty space, sometimes they get a starbase with them.
is it a bug or do they have "mobile" starbases?

either way its really hard to fight them early game when they have a base on there side.

here is a sc https://i.imgur.com/nazEj6F.jpg
its hard to see but its empty space

hope this helps

Inventor Raccoon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 01, 2019, 03:54:29 PM »

hi,

just wanted to bring to your attention that the Persean League seems bugged.

when i fight them in the middle of empty space, sometimes they get a starbase with them.
is it a bug or do they have "mobile" starbases?

either way its really hard to fight them early game when they have a base on there side.

here is a sc https://i.imgur.com/nazEj6F.jpg
its hard to see but its empty space

hope this helps
I'm fairly certain this is a vanilla bug that's been fixed for 0.9.1.

Worachot

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 01, 2019, 05:10:37 PM »

ah ok, only ever noticed this happen with this faction.

guess i just have to wait for 9.1 then xD

Thanks for the fast reply!

Edit: also if i may ask, the new Theseus ship is gotten from Tri-Tachyon faction? have been looking all over the place but cant find it in any stores D:
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 05:13:26 PM by Worachot »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 29