Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 29

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Arsenal Expansion v1.5.5 - Housekeeping  (Read 630358 times)

SpaceRiceBowl

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Arsenal Expansion v1.5 - Workshop
« Reply #240 on: November 22, 2018, 02:56:38 PM »

Here's the last part of the log

Spoiler
85567 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.scripts.campaign.abilities.OmicronCallAbility$1.doAction(OmicronCallAbility.java:220)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.util.DelayedActionScript.advance(DelayedActionScript.java:18)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]
I really don't know what I'm doing...

korniton

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 22, 2018, 03:43:01 PM »

Hey,

Ive been restarting my game like 20 times to see which mod causes Remnants not spawning in beaconed systems and I am pretty sure its this mod. Could you please take a look into it? Even when I only have Lazy lib and Arsenal expansion it doesnt let em spawn. Only battlestations. Also, all the distress calls I get I never meet any ship in the system, probably also same bug caused by this.

Thanks

Melon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 22, 2018, 03:51:05 PM »

Hey,

Ive been restarting my game like 20 times to see which mod causes Remnants not spawning in beaconed systems and I am pretty sure its this mod. Could you please take a look into it? Even when I only have Lazy lib and Arsenal expansion it doesnt let em spawn. Only battlestations. Also, all the distress calls I get I never meet any ship in the system, probably also same bug caused by this.

Thanks

Yep, same thing here. Also those Remnant battlestations can't seem to spawn fleets. There'll be empty fleets spawning for a few moments.

Ishman

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 22, 2018, 04:44:01 PM »

This totally breaks the Remnant ship weapon outfitting, they only have miniflak and missiles.

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 22, 2018, 05:06:11 PM »

This totally breaks the Remnant ship weapon outfitting, they only have miniflak and missiles.

got 38 mini-flaks spawning in markets......

SpaceRiceBowl

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 22, 2018, 09:32:08 PM »

Markets, bounties, and pirate stations seem to be broken for me as well. Though I'm not sure if it's just this mod or if it's any others as well.
I really don't know what I'm doing...

Nezz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 22, 2018, 09:50:40 PM »

Thought I'd add another confirmation that yes, the mod is currently broken and borks the whole game, from a huge number of random fleets not spawning (REDACTED being the most noticeable) to breaking most AI ship loadouts.

sinani210

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 23, 2018, 12:02:27 AM »

Is this mod also why I don't ever seen to get any [REDACTED] defenders on any of the exploration finds? Domain probes, research stations, and mining stations, and even a domain mothership once, let me salvage them without a fight. I thought they were supposed to have defenders, or am I misremembering something?

Todriam

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 23, 2018, 12:13:13 AM »

most likely yes.

Inventor Raccoon

• Captain
  • Digging through trash for a hydroflux catalyst
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9a] Arsenal Expansion v1.5.1 - Field Operations
« Reply #249 on: November 23, 2018, 07:41:34 AM »

As of this update, Arsenal Expansion requires that MagicLib is installed.

This update will very likely break saves.

1.5.1 is out, should hopefully fix all the issues brought on by the latest hotfixes for 0.9. Minor content additions - the Pawn is back with some alterations, and I've included an experimental "Anti-Ship Mine Bays" hullmod that at the moment is only available via salvaging (looking for feedback on this - if you find it, do report back on your experiences using it. It's also available in missions)

I apologize for the delay.

Changelog
Spoiler
Version 1.5.1 (Nov 19 - Nov 23)
- Switched from using Nicke's loose trail script to MagicLib. Hence, Arsenal Expansion now requires MagicLib to run
- Added a new Pawn - largely similar, new sprite, less storage, has worse fighter potential, turret is now hybrid
- Added experimental Anti-Ship Mine Bays modular hullmod
- Adjustments to Promise
- Switched from using faction files to using faction tags for ship/weapon spawning
- Fixed overwriting of vanilla faction files causing a myriad of issues
- Fixed IX Battlegroup ships not being able to be built by custom order
[close]

> CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD AE 1.5.1 <

> GET MAGICLIB <
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 02:52:52 PM by Inventor Raccoon »

sinani210

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 23, 2018, 04:53:44 PM »

Thanks! Really looking forward to trying some of your ships!

tzuridis

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 02, 2018, 11:31:21 AM »

Is there a way I can download the 0.8.1 version of your mod or (whatever the last version of the mod is for the previous version of StarSector) I want to play with Nexerelin and Dynasector.

Null Ganymede

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 02, 2018, 08:27:25 PM »

I tried building a fleet dedicated to anti-ship mine bays. Goal was to saturate PD with fighter flares and Salamander spam to let mines do work.

I intentionally built ~6 carriers with D-mods (18 points, 3-fighters, fighter damage system) and a single no-dmod capital ship (Bulldog - same mod, P.A.C.K.) all with the mine hullmod. These were deployed en masse, with random Tempests/Harbringer flagship to round things out. All large ships had an augmented drive field fitted (burn 9 fleet with a capital, ha!) since I figured the fleet would create enough pressure to not need flux / point defense / standoff weapons.

Did it work? Kinda.

I did a couple of 150-250k bounties and killed a couple of Pirate/Ludd bases. Kinetic-damage fighters with flares are really good and Salamanders annoy the AI, so the carriers were never in a ton of danger. Dumping points on mine bay + augmented drive worked out. I usually got bored and killed enemy capitals/cruisers with the Harbringer rather than wait for the Bulldog to get to them, or seeing how long it took for mines to penetrate their PD/drone screens.

The mines definitely got some good hits in around shields. Every so often I'd see ships entering the fight missing armor. They also got hits in once ships were flux and EMP-locked and drifted into them - but at that point there's more point-efficient ways to strip armor.

In combat that wasn't one-sided, there usually seemed to be enough mobility/rear-facing PD to evade or kill mines. I didn't really see mines swing flux wars, only hit targets that were already down. Then again the harder thing to judge is their effect on AI behavior - maybe some of those fights were won because the enemy AI rotated the wrong way or backed off too early due to mines appearing behind it.

This playthrough was heavy on combat skills and light on logistics/repair ones. As a result the lack of Efficiency Overhaul or salvage rigs was kind of annoying, and fights weren't quite self-sustaining when you take mothballed salvage into account. Dropping the unnecessary Augmented Drive hullmod would give me that, but the carriers were still kind of mediocre in combat. A bunch of flux regeneration, filling out awkwardly-facing weapon mounts to discourage flanking, and more aggressive weapon choices on the capital ship would probably have been a better use of 25 points. I assume going from ~150 points of mine-deploying ships to ~200 would have diminishing returns, and wouldn't tip them into relevance.

In short - awesome flavor hullmod, building a fleet around it kind of worked but wasn't overwhelming. Point cost might be too high for what it does.

Spess Mahren

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 03, 2018, 03:15:36 AM »

I have a question regarding the special system tied to this mods quest, I thought Alex changed hyperspace generation so that systems had a island of normal hyperspace to prevent intense aggravation at trying to enter or leave a system buried in storms. But the first time I found the system it has been covered in a hyperspace storm. Am I just unlucky or does the custom generation of the system need a tweak?

Inventor Raccoon

• Captain
  • Digging through trash for a hydroflux catalyst
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 04, 2018, 08:39:08 AM »

Is there a way I can download the 0.8.1 version of your mod or (whatever the last version of the mod is for the previous version of StarSector) I want to play with Nexerelin and Dynasector.
Sure thing, I still have the download link for 1.4.12a. Click > HERE < to grab it. MagicLib not required for this version.

-snip for brevity-
Thanks for the feedback! Already got plans to make alterations to the mine bays hullmod - going to see if I can make the increase per additional ship more linear and will increase the health of each mine slightly so they get shot down slightly less quickly. I think I'll give it one more test round and then see about introducing it into AI fleets.

I have a question regarding the special system tied to this mods quest, I thought Alex changed hyperspace generation so that systems had a island of normal hyperspace to prevent intense aggravation at trying to enter or leave a system buried in storms. But the first time I found the system it has been covered in a hyperspace storm. Am I just unlucky or does the custom generation of the system need a tweak?
I hadn't noticed this issue before 0.9 but it does seem like it's a problem. I'll see about making sure that system isn't surrounded in deep hyperspace for 1.5.2.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 29