Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 29

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Arsenal Expansion v1.5.5 - Housekeeping  (Read 630301 times)

Inventor Raccoon

• Captain
  • Digging through trash for a hydroflux catalyst
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8a] Arsenal Expansion v1.3.4 - Pest Control
« Reply #120 on: May 07, 2017, 04:55:51 AM »

Update. Should decrease the number of Pigeons you find in pirate fleets. Also, renamed the mod for people who don't like narcissists (just kidding!)

dk1332

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 07, 2017, 05:12:26 AM »

Thank god, I am getting a bit sick of seeing Pigeons in every pirate fleet I encounter (even more so cause they keep appearing as floating derelicts alot as well).

Btw, I don't know if anyone has noticed. If they change the D ship "repairs" in the game's config file to 0.5 or something less. Pigeon's repair costs are still high than what you earn from selling it after the d mod removal.

Zenobious

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 08, 2017, 01:11:37 AM »

Messed around with the Blueslaught a bit this afternoon. A few things about it are bugging me. For example, here's a comparison of the base Onslaught, XIV, and Blueslaught with similar loadouts--

The location of most of the turret bases is unchanged from the base Onslaught/XIV sprites -- yet the locations for some of the weapon sprites are subtly different. Some of them have had their firing arcs adjusted, but that shouldn't change the center point of the turret... and others have the same firing arcs but have still moved a bit, like the centerline medium and large ballistic mounts. Was this intentional or an oversight? It's a very minor complaint, but unfortunately bugs me a lot now that I've noticed it. Can't unsee!  :P

The deployment cost also seems a bit high. While it offers a fairly unique mix of direct assault firepower and fighter bays, it doesn't seem to deserve 50 points. In AI-controlled sim matchups, the Paragon consistently beats it, while the Odyssey and Astral can fight it to a standstill. While I agree it should be higher than the base Onslaught or the Legion -- both of which it can quickly kill with a good loadout -- 50 is probably too far. I'd suggest 45.

I'm not sure I like the changes to the side Large Ballistic mounts. With both of them more forward-facing, it very quickly runs out of flux, especially since it's been lowered from the base Onslaught's capacity. This isn't so much a problem when flying it personally, but in AI hands it seems to run up its flux a bit too fast. Outfitting it with low-flux weapons like Hellbores helps a lot, but tweaking the turret arcs to be more similar to those of the original version would help as well I think.

Quite a lot of fun to play with though. Good work!  :)

Hussar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 08, 2017, 06:15:51 AM »

Same happens with SNT Wolf when speaking about moving weapon mounts. Just one pixel down like on Onslaught GRD :P

Inventor Raccoon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 08, 2017, 08:16:40 AM »

-snoip-
Thanks a ton for the feedback! I'm not the best at balancing larger ships, since I'm more of a frigate/destroyer kind of guy (which is why most of the ships are either frigates or destroyers).

I think that 0.8 may have secretly changed a couple of weapon mount locations - they should be accurate for 0.7, but of course if Alex shifted them a little upwards, they might be a little off. I'll go ahead and have them fixed for the next update (already noticed that the Wolf Sentinel has slightly lowered mounts, but not the Onslaught Guardian.) I think my intentions with the weapon arcs is to slightly help with the reduction in frontal firepower since the removal of the TPCs. I have noticed that it tends to get pretty high on flux, so I might move the arcs closer to where the normal Onslaught has them. The increased maintenance was mostly a balancing thing, though I guess it's not as necessary since the Guardian's carrier duties are a little less important with the Legion available. The built-in Reavers are pretty strong (and man are the LPCs common, not nearly as uncommon as Wolfpups, Bombardiers and Mimics.), but otherwise it's got the same fighter capability as a destroyer and it slows to a crawl while they're set to Engage.

Also, could have sworn that I removed those two hidden missile mounts. No real point in removing the two back missile mounts if I'm just gonna add two more, hah.

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 09, 2017, 05:51:35 PM »

Middle of a warzone, there's a gap in the enemy line filled by a lone hammerhead with dual heavy needlers, four Vulcans, a LAG and harpoons. I burn up to it in my cruiser, take its opening salvo of non-HE to my face preparing to vomit chaingun hatred into its face and then, all my guns go out and I sit there going ??? as their fleet collapses around me and murder my flagship.
Good way to discover what the hammerhead_SKR is, 10/10 I got murdered

edit: altho, I think upon replaying the mission, it may be too much weapon damage. Caught out the hammerheader_SKR after having its engines shot out, jet-boosted in from the side and caught two single LAG rounds to the nozzle before my shields got up and both of my chainguns are shut down just from that-- which I'm pretty sure is more than even an ion cannon does
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 06:20:11 PM by Deshara »
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

Kwbr

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 09, 2017, 08:42:11 PM »

The Sunder WRD seems to have a bad habit of not disabling its active ability, I forget what its called. It gets to like 99% hard flux before venting, even if its well outside of hostile weapon range.

Ranik

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 09, 2017, 09:06:37 PM »

http://www.dumpt.com/img/links.php?file=jrsr1sqwfszox8mtntmx.jpgUsing the latest version, pigeon (d)'s still seem to be quite common. Maybe it's just me.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 12:28:17 AM by Ranik »

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 13, 2017, 10:23:05 AM »

Repair drones repair hull up to... "null" percent. I'll have to play with micro flux shunt to see how (if?) broken it is.

Inventor Raccoon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 13, 2017, 10:28:05 AM »

Repair drones repair hull up to... "null" percent. I'll have to play with micro flux shunt to see how (if?) broken it is.
Repair Drones is non-functional and really shouldn't appear at all.

dk1332

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 13, 2017, 12:34:53 PM »

Pidgeons are still everywhere...like literally EVERYWHERE.

Oh detected a derelict signal? BAM! Pidgeon.
Pirate fleets? BAM!! Pidgeons!
Oh look a debris field? BAM!!! Pidgeon!

Joking aside, I noticed that pirates uses alot of ships from this pack most of the time. Especially the Torment, Sunder (WRD), and the Hammerhead (SKR). 4 out 5 mid sized pirate fleet encounters I had are mostly filled with them. Not really fun if you just started and doesn't have enough firepower to repel them. Maybe some D versions to tip the balance perhaps?

Inventor Raccoon

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8a] Arsenal Expansion v1.3.5 - Asgard
« Reply #131 on: May 16, 2017, 10:15:12 AM »

Updaaate. The bulk of this update is a new mission that showcases both a new battlestation and every variant ship in the mod, but also some minor tweaks and fixes. Screenshot below:

Spoiler
[close]

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 16, 2017, 05:10:42 PM »

Hehehe. I know where that station sprite(s) came from. :P

dk1332

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 16, 2017, 05:18:19 PM »

Updaaate. The bulk of this update is a new mission that showcases both a new battlestation and every variant ship in the mod, but also some minor tweaks and fixes. Screenshot below:

Spoiler
[close]

Is this save compatible?

Inventor Raccoon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 17, 2017, 08:12:00 AM »

Should work with saves (although I would heavily advise removing any missiles you might have equipped in the Onslaught (GRD)'s hidden slots, since they're gone now. AI variants didn't use them so those should be OK)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 29