Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 29

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Arsenal Expansion v1.5.5 - Housekeeping  (Read 632215 times)

Death_Silence_66

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8a] Raccoon's Arms Pack v1.3.1 - Mule Miner
« Reply #75 on: April 25, 2017, 11:09:03 PM »

For balance reasons, you should remove the Terminator look alike from the Wolf [SNT] and give it back the default phase cloak.

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 25, 2017, 11:11:52 PM »

The Terminator Drones could use a bit of a nerf, namely in their insanely high speed. I've lost half my fleet (only about 5-6 ships at the time) to the insane harassment damage that they bring. You basically have to give your ships a ton of high accuracy point defense and armor just to deal with the little blighters.

Because PD is not good at killing them. Phase Lance reliably one-shots them, weapons like Pulse Laser also do quite well with Gyro hullmod.

Inventor Raccoon

• Captain
  • Digging through trash for a hydroflux catalyst
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 26, 2017, 12:32:59 AM »

For balance reasons, you should remove the Terminator look alike from the Wolf [SNT] and give it back the default phase cloak.
I'm going to be real stubborn on removing the Wolf's drone, because that's the main change to it (omni shield and high res sensors are really just a bonus).

The drone IS a Terminator, the exact base drone found on the Tempest, just with a different weapons loadout. If the IR pulse variant is too annoying and fast, I'll consider adding degraded engines to it.

Also, new update soonish (hopefully this week, if I have the time). My "special" stuff likely won't make an appearance, have to wait for 0.8.1. Instead, I'll try and expand the additional weapon choices.

Death_Silence_66

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 26, 2017, 01:23:08 AM »

In that case, the sensors should be removed. Having both seems like too much for a wolf chassis.

SainnQ

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 26, 2017, 02:48:33 AM »

I'm going to be real stubborn on removing the Wolf's drone, because that's the main change to it (omni shield and high res sensors are really just a bonus).

The drone IS a Terminator, the exact base drone found on the Tempest, just with a different weapons loadout. If the IR pulse variant is too annoying and fast, I'll consider adding degraded engines to it.

Also, new update soonish (hopefully this week, if I have the time). My "special" stuff likely won't make an appearance, have to wait for 0.8.1. Instead, I'll try and expand the additional weapon choices.

Is it not possible to modify the High Resolution Sensor's Hullmod to have a scaling buff based on hull size? So it's not so OP?
I really don't see a sensors hullmod being OP IMO considering it's not a very integral function of salvaging & derelict scanning.

DanJSC

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 26, 2017, 07:26:43 AM »

The SNT wolf is making me rage, every pirate group i run into that's bigger than 2 ships has 2 or more of these. They're more common than the (D) wolf! It's not a bad ship imo, and i'd be fine with how scary strong the Terminator drones were if i wasn't fighting 2-3 of them every fight. What do i need to change to make the ship much rarer in pirate fleets?

Inventor Raccoon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 26, 2017, 08:08:23 AM »

You'd have to go into data/world/factions/pirates.faction and change all the weights of the Wolf (SNT)'s variants from 2 to 1. I already decreased them in a previous update, but I'll go further if it's a problem. If needed, I'll make a weaker version of High-Res Sensors for it.

Thanks for all the feedback. It helps greatly.

DanJSC

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 26, 2017, 11:17:04 AM »

Only one group seemed to have the SNT wolf above 1. Combat Small, every meaning they were popping up alot, even far away from the central sectors as small ambush groups. Maybe may a D version for the pirates, with a weaker drone, maybe not a terminator but something relatively worthwhile, like a modified gladius or something.

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 27, 2017, 11:26:05 PM »

Is this something with RA's?

I found a missile system called "Interceptor Missile" and just equipped it. Maybe the cause?

492169 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.ClassCastException: com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Missile cannot be cast to com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship
java.lang.ClassCastException: com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Missile cannot be cast to com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.ai.missile.MissileAI.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.dosuper.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.dosuper.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.ship.A.J.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.ship.A.J.fireProjectile(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.ship.trackers.OoOO.öO0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.ship.trackers.OoOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.ship.trackers.O0OO.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.ship.trackers.O0OO.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.ship.trackers.OoOO.Ô00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.ship.A.J.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.systems.oOoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.systems.oOoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Inventor Raccoon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 28, 2017, 12:30:54 AM »

It is. I didn't fix that bug in the last patch because I couldn't recreate it (it works fine on my end). Will take another look. For now, avoid them.

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 28, 2017, 07:44:36 AM »

If it helps, i have it equipped in the left missile slot on a large energy Sunder.

RandomnessInc

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 28, 2017, 08:11:37 AM »

Could you make a wing of terminator drones that fit in any carrier
May the fry be with you.

Inventor Raccoon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 28, 2017, 09:56:26 AM »

Could you make a wing of terminator drones that fit in any carrier
Reading that post gave me the idea to have a 1-unit wing consisting of a single Terminator that deploys two harmless clones.

Hussar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 28, 2017, 12:01:32 PM »

I hope you won't mind a little input of mine in here?

I gave your pack a spin and quite enjoyed it gonna say. Sadly I have ultimately had to remove it for now for one single reason. Which are sentinel wolfs spawning in pirate fleets - something others have already mentioned.

I love the Sentinel Wolf, it's a great asset and I would still love it without the terminator drone but with the sensors. It's the best thing about them I think, especially early on in the game before players spec fully into sensor skills. It's just a strong desired feature of it, the drone by my taste is just a plus.

That however I found that SNT Wolfs are stronger than tempests for that simple fact they don't degrade CR as fast as them. So if I had to change things about the SNT wolf it would be 2 simple things:
- Total removal of those from pirate fleets, if they had to show up I would treat them as kind of minibosses in highly damaged D variants (damaged hangar as a must have then). They're simply too OP and they do severely affect the balance. One tempest is scary but those hunt in pairs and it's just simply frustrating to seeing them left and right in every pirate fleet there is...
- The terminator drone itself... It should be a weaker version of the one from the tempest otherwise tempest is out of job really. Degrading the drone's engines and cutting i's firepower is one thing... But what was frustrating me the most was it's range. Separating 2 SNT wolfs was doing nothing because drones from both ships were still attacking a single target - so I would cut the W-SNT's drone range in half at least in comparison to tempest? I think this would make it way more balanced than it is now.

But other than that I really liked the SNT Wolf and I would like to see it in the future. If tuned, would it be possible to have an option for a separate SNT-Wolf mod, without the rest of the gear? They were nice but heh... I gave the artillery swarmers to all my shepherds ships... The map... Just... Saturated with hundreds of kinetic missiles. Even with such low damage... Kind of OP xD

NightfallGemini

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 28, 2017, 01:09:22 PM »

An idea would be to make the terminator 'hug' the W-SNT, maybe only be allowed to stray a hundred or so units away from its mothership, sorta like a PD drone. That way it's still a strong, desirable ship, but it doesn't directly outmode the Tempest and isn't a total *** in pairs when enemy fleets have them. :v
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 29