Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 29

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Arsenal Expansion v1.5.5 - Housekeeping  (Read 630287 times)

SainnQ

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8a] Raccoon's Arms Pack v1.3
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2017, 09:11:24 AM »

Having just spawned a bunch of stuff in for testing while waiting for stuff to update, oh god the artillery swarmers are so goooood. Not like, STRONG, since they do bugger all damage, but firing off six of 'em is just magical. Based off the ID and them only showing up on the drones I'm guessing they're not supposed to actually show up, like bomb bays - but they should! I'd totally use em, they're like much, much less dangerous fighters, just keep mild pressure on to make managing shields harder. But mainly it's the 'here's a hundred missiles have fun'.
Glad you like them. They originally weren't supposed to show up except on the Gryphon Hunter (originally it was a Guardian variant and had an artillery drone), and they don't, because none of the variants that spawn in fleets or markets have them. I'll remember to add more of the mod's weapons to variants.

I came across a Reaver Drone Drone LPC in an abandoned Habitat

I'm assuming Drone Drone is a typo?  :D

Inventor Raccoon

• Captain
  • Digging through trash for a hydroflux catalyst
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2017, 09:24:23 AM »

Yep. Already fixed.

By the way, just updated with a new version. Adds a miner version of the Mule, and some small fixes.

facc00

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2017, 11:51:13 AM »

Thanks for the updates!

SainnQ

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2017, 02:45:00 PM »

Yep. Already fixed.

By the way, just updated with a new version. Adds a miner version of the Mule, and some small fixes.

Is there any way I could request a couple ships BESIDES the Apogee with High Res Sensor Packages?

Inventor Raccoon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2017, 02:49:07 PM »

Is there any way I could request a couple ships BESIDES the Apogee with High Res Sensor Packages?
Yeah, sure. PM or a post here, I don't mind. Already have an idea of what the next update will hold (something a little special), but I'll try to fit suggestions in.

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8a] Raccoon's Arms Pack v1.3.1 - Mule Miner
« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2017, 03:25:57 PM »

ooh, Miner Mule! \o/

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2017, 03:26:55 PM »

Does this mod have any custom hullmods? If so, is the Converted Ballistic Mounts hullmod from it? I found it as a modspec that can be installed for 0 OP.

Inventor Raccoon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2017, 03:31:27 PM »

Does this mod have any custom hullmods? If so, is the Converted Ballistic Mounts hullmod from it? I found it as a modspec that can be installed for 0 OP.
Oh. Yep. Converted Ballistic Mounts was supposed to be a built-in hullmod for balancing. It doesn't need to exist anymore, and I'll probably remove it.

ooh, Miner Mule! \o/

Hooray for miner Mule! I remember you and Axle making it and asked him if I could use the idea. It's a pretty neato concept, and fits well with the general feel of this mod.

Nanao-kun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2017, 03:54:50 PM »

Found a Reaver Drone; it appears to have an omni shield of 1100 degrees. It's not actually full coverage in battle, so it just seems to be some error in the description.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 03:57:35 PM by Nanao-kun »

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 23, 2017, 04:01:34 PM »

Hey @Raccoon, I know it's gonna sound pedantic, but do you think you could credit me alongside the Miner Mule sprite? It's not a big issue to me (and I know some people are already aware I kitbashed the sprite), but best not to get into bad habits.

Otherwise, great to see the mod updated!  ;D

Inventor Raccoon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 23, 2017, 04:20:15 PM »

Hey @Raccoon, I know it's gonna sound pedantic, but do you think you could credit me alongside the Miner Mule sprite? It's not a big issue to me (and I know some people are already aware I kitbashed the sprite), but best not to get into bad habits.

Otherwise, great to see the mod updated!  ;D
Oh, yeah, sure. I'll credit you with the idea (technically I made the sprite myself but it's basically the same as the one you did with a little bit of empty space filled in).

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 23, 2017, 04:39:42 PM »

Otherwise, great to see the mod updated!  ;D
Oh, yeah, sure. I'll credit you with the idea (technically I made the sprite myself but it's basically the same as the one you did with a little bit of empty space filled in).

Oh, is it?  :-[ Whoops. My apologies - no need to credit me in that case.  ;D I suppose it isn't that complex a kitbash...

Calodine

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 23, 2017, 05:22:25 PM »

Still need to get me one of the new mules - currently using a standard one as part of a small 'go off and survey/salvage on the edge of space' fleet - An Apogee, two drovers (Each with four of the artillery swarmers. No really, it's still hilarious), a phaeton, a mule, and two salvage rigs. Alternatively, 'come fight my survey cruiser and also six billion missiles'. But swapping out a few missiles for a drone wing and surveying equipment would be a good tradeup, even with the higher crew req.

Death_Silence_66

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 23, 2017, 08:19:25 PM »

The pawn seems too expensive. At 30000 it costs more than a condor despite lacking shields and having half the fighter capacity.

Darenkel

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 25, 2017, 06:43:25 PM »

The Terminator Drones could use a bit of a nerf, namely in their insanely high speed. I've lost half my fleet (only about 5-6 ships at the time) to the insane harassment damage that they bring. You basically have to give your ships a ton of high accuracy point defense and armor just to deal with the little blighters.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 29