Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 29

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Arsenal Expansion v1.5.5 - Housekeeping  (Read 632423 times)

Inventor Raccoon

• Captain
  • Digging through trash for a hydroflux catalyst
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.2a] Raccoon's Arms Pack v1.2
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2017, 01:22:33 PM »

New update, two days late. Woops. Anyway, it introduces two new ships - the Kite (G) and Omen (SB). Kite has enhanced stats and a built-in rapidfire pulse laser, and the Omen loses the EMP generator but gains an EMP beam and the Interdictor Array (it also has post-0.8 stats, so more flux capacity, armor and shield arc)

NightKev

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.2a] Raccoon's Arms Pack v1.2
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2017, 02:37:09 AM »

The mod_info.json from the main post download indicates it's still version 1.1.1, did you forget to change it or did you forget to upload the new version?

Inventor Raccoon

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.2a] Raccoon's Arms Pack v1.2.1
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2017, 02:20:34 PM »

Was a bit busy over the last few weeks so I didn't have as much time to work on the mod. However, I pulled myself together and finally finished the Tempest (SB)! It's a phase version of the normal Tempest, with a sweet paintjob, unique 2-light coil (yeah that's not very impressive) and a very awkward looking bridge.

I think I'll keep it at 3 different variant types for now. I might add more to each variant (there's no Rumbler cruiser or capital ship, and I gotta get those sweet green stripes on an Eagle or Conquest), and maybe look into making it playable with Dynasector (a market around Asharu, maybe). Not sure about adding more unique ships like the Torment and Pigeon.

Possibly a civilian/cargo version of combat ships? Who knows, I bet an unorthodox engineer could theoretically find a way to make to stick containers onto the Hammerhead, although I feel like that might have been done before.

Inventor Raccoon

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.2a] Raccoon's Arms Pack v1.2.2
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2017, 04:19:27 PM »

Well, I may be slightly very late, but here's a new update. Added the Eagle (R), which is your average Eagle except the middle frontal mount is Large and it has the protective drive system of the Pigeon (R). I'm feeling a little odd for being the last 3 posts in this thread (deleted the first one).

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2017, 04:33:10 PM »

You don't have to worry about that, we're too busy playing the mod to talk about it. Plus if we aren't here bitching it's a compliment.
If it makes you feel weird tho you could update your OP with the changes & a date stamp, and simply reply to the thread "new update" to bump, feels less weird for me
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2017, 04:42:31 PM »

i haven't played your mod myself yet, so i don't have much to comment on, but i'm still interested in the changes and additions you make. :]

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2017, 05:51:10 PM »

i haven't played your mod myself yet, so i don't have much to comment on, but i'm still interested in the changes and additions you make. :]
I'm gonna out myself here: I haven't played the game since the last update, I'm just here to read mod updates & blog post discussions
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2017, 06:14:38 PM »

Until the mod's jar is compiled to not require JRE8... It is very hard to recommend playing it.

Inventor Raccoon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2017, 05:36:42 AM »

Until the mod's jar is compiled to not require JRE8... It is very hard to recommend playing it.
Good news! I think my friend figured out that I didn't change something in Eclipse and accidentally had it set to compile with whatever Java my Starsector uses, which usually is 8. Updating with a version which hopefully is compiled with Java 7.

EDIT: He's confirmed that the new update works on Java 7. Try it out!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 06:00:42 AM by InventorRaccoon »

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2017, 07:35:26 AM »

I'm gonna out myself here: I haven't played the game since the last update
preposterous! D:

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2017, 03:14:32 PM »

So, attempted to add the ships to the simulator but your Omen (SB) had an error.

I'll see if I can replicate the error again, if it hasn't been fixed.
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

Inventor Raccoon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2017, 10:18:09 AM »

So, attempted to add the ships to the simulator but your Omen (SB) had an error.

I'll see if I can replicate the error again, if it hasn't been fixed.
Darn. I kind of have to go back and make the Omen (SB) better (the built-in weapon is kind of rushed)

EDIT: Replaced the built-in weapon with an Ion Beam, until I can fix it. Updated download.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 11:10:22 AM by InventorRaccoon »

Bastion.Systems

• Captain
  • Special Circumstances LCU
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2017, 09:43:47 AM »

Super strange error, after unpacking the archive with 7zip and trying to open the folder with with windows explorer I get a "Catastrophic Failure" error.
When I navigate to the folder via the address bar it works and I can see the contents.

I assume that somehow my Windows registry has become corrupted or something but so far this is the only folder that triggers the error even if I rename it or remove the mod contents.
Something to do with NTFS security permissions?

Inventor Raccoon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2017, 10:13:06 AM »

Super strange error, after unpacking the archive with 7zip and trying to open the folder with with windows explorer I get a "Catastrophic Failure" error.
When I navigate to the folder via the address bar it works and I can see the contents.

I assume that somehow my Windows registry has become corrupted or something but so far this is the only folder that triggers the error even if I rename it or remove the mod contents.
Something to do with NTFS security permissions?
Downloaded it myself and it seems fine to me, also using 7zip and Windows Explorer, and it looks like nobody else has problems. I don't know what's the issue other than something with the windows registry.

Bastion.Systems

• Captain
  • Special Circumstances LCU
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2017, 12:09:04 PM »

Ehhh, I guess it's about time I did a system reset, the mod works fine though.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 29