Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 29

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Arsenal Expansion v1.5.5 - Housekeeping  (Read 632353 times)

Inventor Raccoon

• Captain
  • Digging through trash for a hydroflux catalyst
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8a] Arsenal Expansion v1.3.7 - Sentinels and Saboteurs
« Reply #150 on: May 25, 2017, 02:15:58 PM »

Updateroonie. Attempted to reduce the spawn rate of Pigeon (D)s and also removed their needlers (normal Pigeons will still use them).

Most importantly, a couple of ships have gotten some snazzy aesthetic upgrades. While the Centurion Hailfyre gives off a normal lowtech vibe in its shields and engines, the Wolf Sentinel and Wolf Pups stand out with yellow engines and shields, and the Tempest Saboteur and Mimic's engines have gotten a purple makeover. Those special colours even apply to their venting fumes and Phase Dash! Never again have to strain your eyes to see Wolf Pup and Mimic LPCs - they stand out obnoxiously!

Spoiler
[close]

The next update, for 0.8.1 (unless I get bored and release more 1.3.X updates), will hopefully feature more variants of existing ships - with more interesting features.

Hussar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 25, 2017, 02:29:19 PM »

Aww, not sure I like yellow for sentinel wolves...

I loved how they blend in.
Spoiler
[close]

Anyway, save compatibile? I'd like to see less pigeons around honestly.

Inventor Raccoon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 25, 2017, 02:42:15 PM »

Should be fully save compatible. I wanted the Sentinel to be somewhat distinct from the normal Wolf - it's generally of a higher calibre, with a strong drone buddy (who got buffed this version, by the way - its just a bit better in the shielding department). The Hammerhead Seeker will probably get a similar treatment with slightly lime-tinted shields - it's something that will cripple you if you get caught off-guard and take a needler burst to your weapons.

Hussar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 25, 2017, 05:22:55 PM »

Hmm I get it. But for me they were fine coloristically. With them you have nailed their rarity right so it was a pleasure to suddenly realize "huh, why this guy have a drone? ooooooooooooooh" ;)

I guess this buff touches the wolf-pup wing as well?

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 26, 2017, 12:57:07 AM »

Bombadiers do not fire on anything anymore.

Inventor Raccoon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 26, 2017, 10:13:20 AM »

Bombadiers do not fire on anything anymore.
Oh - right. Artillery Swarmer took up more flux in one burst than the Bombardier had capacity for. Updated the download with a fixed version.

Also, yeah, the Wolf Pup fighter got the same changes as the drone - but the fighters have individually worse flux stats, so their shields are less durable.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 11:51:52 AM by InventorRaccoon »

Hussar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 29, 2017, 12:19:10 PM »

Hmm sadly I have to say that I think Pigeon's are still too common. They're so common that it really still hurts diversity among pirate fleets. There's always a pigeon in a pirate fleet. It's better than it was before but still far from perfect.

Bastion.Systems

• Captain
  • Special Circumstances LCU
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 31, 2017, 11:41:10 AM »

Hmm sadly I have to say that I think Pigeon's are still too common. They're so common that it really still hurts diversity among pirate fleets. There's always a pigeon in a pirate fleet. It's better than it was before but still far from perfect.
Me after fighting another pirate fleet with 8-12 pigeon(D)'s: FUCKKNNN PIGEONS GET OUT REEEEEEEE

Hussar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 31, 2017, 11:57:24 AM »

Not to mention a Pigeon D is still outclassing a Wolf (standard setup but with additional hullmods and benefiting from +10% OP)! A pigeon d!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just wat. It shouldn't. At all.

Already before I have untagged this mod because of that. Seriously please ton down pigeons. Use the same thing you did to wolfs snt's! They're rare and it's perfect!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 11:58:55 AM by Hussar »

Inventor Raccoon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 31, 2017, 12:48:50 PM »

Oh my god I realised why so many Pigeons spawn in pirate fleets despite all of my attempts to reduce their spawn rate. Pirates don't have any ships assigned to the "fast attack" role by default - but this mod adds the Pigeon into there. Instead of falling back to another category, the fleet will always pick a Pigeon (D). I'm updating the download with a fixed version, Pigeon (D)s should be significantly less common than other pirate ships. I promise. Argh.

Hussar

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 31, 2017, 01:25:56 PM »

Argh.

Spoiler

I feel like this illustrates our problem pretty well XD
[close]
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 01:29:33 PM by Hussar »

Inventor Raccoon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 31, 2017, 02:10:39 PM »

Spoiler

oh wait this doesn't belong in here
[close]

dk1332

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 31, 2017, 02:38:35 PM »

Oh my god I realised why so many Pigeons spawn in pirate fleets despite all of my attempts to reduce their spawn rate. Pirates don't have any ships assigned to the "fast attack" role by default - but this mod adds the Pigeon into there. Instead of falling back to another category, the fleet will always pick a Pigeon (D). I'm updating the download with a fixed version, Pigeon (D)s should be significantly less common than other pirate ships. I promise. Argh.

Jesus christ, to think that was the cause of the problems.

As much as I got sick of them pidgeons, any plans for a pirate version?

AxleMC131

• Admiral
  • Amateur World-Builder
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 31, 2017, 03:25:07 PM »

Darnit. This explains much, but it's a problem I had also encountered a while back. Should've thought of it and mentioned it.  :-[

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 31, 2017, 03:37:53 PM »

Spoiler

oh wait this doesn't belong in here
[close]

Yo dawg, I heard you like Shields, so we put a shield in a shield, so you can shield while you shield!

Spoiler
[close]
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 29