Fractal Softworks Forum
February 23, 2019, 06:05:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Starsector 0.9a is out! (11/16/18); In-dev patch notes for 0.9.1a (01/31/19)

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
  Print  
Author Topic: [0.9a] Underworld 1.3.1  (Read 98874 times)
Ali
Lieutenant

View Profile Email
« Reply #135 on: February 09, 2019, 11:23:10 AM »

Many thanks - this mod is making my pirate playthrough alotta fun!! Jus wish pirates were as well supported campaign wise as much as the other factions!!  Undecided

Don't know if it'd be possible to add a "pirate commission"? prevent pirates from reducing stability when i'm aligned with them? Have pirate friendly bounties?

Is it tricky to add mounts to a ship? the infernus does seem a little short?

Wish she was a little more "fearsome"!! More mounts similar to barbarian & dragon ( masterpieces!! )  Grin

Maybe there's a "mod" version of the infernus out there in hyperspace somewhere!!  Grin  

« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 10:49:56 AM by Ali » Logged
Troika
Lieutenant

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 16, 2019, 11:26:59 AM »

I kind of feel like the Dragon and Renegade should swap their systems (and possibly also their top speeds) . Fast racks is a poor fit for a ship that has just two med missile hardpoints, whereas the Renegade has a large missile slot that can take better advantage. '

e: Also why is Renegade's shield worse than a makeshift shield generator?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 12:20:52 PM by Troika » Logged
MesoTroniK
Admiral

I am going to destroy your ships

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 16, 2019, 07:30:58 PM »

I kind of feel like the Dragon and Renegade should swap their systems (and possibly also their top speeds) . Fast racks is a poor fit for a ship that has just two med missile hardpoints, whereas the Renegade has a large missile slot that can take better advantage. '
The Dragon and Renegade are both well turned and at the power level they should be. And actually Fast Racks is amazing on the Dragon because those two med missile "hardpoints" are actually turrets! This allows it to quickly fire off torpedo volleys etc until the system charges run dry then return to facing head on at the target while having more targeting flexibility for unguided missile weapons in general Smiley

e: Also why is Renegade's shield worse than a makeshift shield generator?
Balance, the ship is powerful enough. This feeds back into the some parts of the same reasoning for what the ship systems are on each ship.

Troika
Lieutenant

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 17, 2019, 03:57:06 AM »

The Dragon has three large ballistics slots and doesn't really have an anti-armor firepower problem. The Renegade has one large ballistic slot and a large missile slot, and kind of struggles due to it's asymmetric weapons layout. It -can- work on the battlefield but currently isn't terribly efficient at any particular role.
Drone_Fragger
Ensign

View Profile Email
« Reply #139 on: February 17, 2019, 05:01:39 AM »

Dragons are great because they can slam sabot pods into ships repeatedly till they overload then use 2 x hellbore or 2 x HAG to just destroy them completely. fill every other slot with LAG and regular dual autocannons too so it can basically zone anything smaller than itself out with waves of firepower.
Dostya
Ensign

View Profile Email
« Reply #140 on: February 17, 2019, 11:06:12 AM »

Doing a playthrough with Nex, and Arigato in the Styx system with that respawning Dickerson fleet doesn't allow invasions. It does, however, let you raid it into decivilizing to allow easy exploitation of the vast ruin planet below it. AFAIK after decivilizing the fleet stops spawning too. I'm not sure if either of these is a bug, but if one isn't supposed to work then probably neither should the other.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 11:17:58 AM by Dostya » Logged
Dark.Revenant
Admiral

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #141 on: February 17, 2019, 12:45:38 PM »

That's more-or-less intentional, yeah.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
  Print  

Jump to: