Fractal Softworks Forum
May 22, 2018, 06:24:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New blog post: Revisiting the Intel UI (05/07/18); Starsector 0.8.1a is out!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Tartiflette is a food, and he is delicious looking  (Read 3771 times)
Soychi
Lieutenant

Ad Rem

View Profile Email
« on: December 30, 2016, 11:56:33 AM »

https://www.you/tube.com/watch?v=ocgn6uIzxsU
I just figured Tartiflette was some french guy. In fact, he is someone who wanted us to google his name and make delicious food. Hail to Tartiflette. Your admiral rank is well earned.

ARE YOU A COWARD? This is not for you. We badly need a brave man. He must be 23 to 25 years old, in perfect health, at least six feet tall, weigh about 190 pounds, fluent English with some French, proficient with all weapons, some knowledge of engineering and mathematics essential, willing to travel, no family or emotional ties, indomitably courageous and handsome of face and figure. Permanent employment, very high pay, glorious adventure, great danger. -Glory Road, Heinlein
Takion Kasukedo
Captain

The Embodiment of Defilement, TakionKasukedo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 03:06:57 AM »

I just googled it.

It does look delicious indeed...

The Embodiment of Defilement reigns over his part of the galaxy.

FEAR THE CASCADE.
Tartiflette
Admiral

Kickstarter is NOT a magic spring of free money!

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 03:38:56 AM »

Of course I am delicious ><

PCCL
Admiral

still gunnyfreak

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 12:06:53 AM »

trying this tomorrow, hopefully will remember to update

mmm.... tartiflette
Soychi
Lieutenant

Ad Rem

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2017, 08:17:22 PM »

@Gunnyfreak You did not Wink

ARE YOU A COWARD? This is not for you. We badly need a brave man. He must be 23 to 25 years old, in perfect health, at least six feet tall, weigh about 190 pounds, fluent English with some French, proficient with all weapons, some knowledge of engineering and mathematics essential, willing to travel, no family or emotional ties, indomitably courageous and handsome of face and figure. Permanent employment, very high pay, glorious adventure, great danger. -Glory Road, Heinlein
PCCL
Admiral

still gunnyfreak

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2017, 05:32:49 PM »

GAH, I KNEW I WAS FORGETTING SOMETHING

ok here:

I used brie instead of whatever that thing was he suggested, mostly because I had a wheel of brie reaching the end of its life.

it turned out pretty well. I think my potatoes were not cooked as through as they should have, and I didn't chop my bacon as fine as they should have, but the dish is pretty tolerant of these mistakes, imo.

it's a heavy dish between all the carbs (potato), the fatty bacon, and the cheese, so I took the video's advice and served it with a single green salad (watercress, with a dressing of wine vinegar, olive oil, salt/pepper, and grated apple. Then threw on a few dried tomatoes for color)

pictures follow. This served a family of 5 for the night and had enough leftovers for lunch the next day.

excuse the potato quality - phone, bad lighting, and unsteady hand

CONCLUSION: can confirm, tartiflette is delicious

mmm.... tartiflette
AxleMC131
Admiral

Amateur World-Builder

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2017, 05:37:09 PM »

Oh my. XD

"I ain't one to punch first, but if the mil' wants a piece of me tonight, then they're sure as hell gonna regret it in the morning!"
- Johnson "Johnny" Parker
Tartiflette
Admiral

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2017, 11:57:35 PM »

A Tartiflette.... With bacon? And BRIE? ? ? ? ? ? HERESY! BURN THE HERETIC!  Cry

Bettina Blumer
Ensign

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2017, 12:00:52 AM »

This makes me hungry Grin

I enjoy life and all that it has in it.
PCCL
Admiral

still gunnyfreak

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2017, 12:10:38 AM »

A Tartiflette.... With bacon? And BRIE? ? ? ? ? ? HERESY! BURN THE HERETIC!  Cry

I uh..... made do with what I have....

LOOK IM SORRY OK BUT IT WAS DELICIOUS AND MY FAMILY LOVED IT AND YOU CANT TAKE THAT AWAY FROM ME GAHHHHH

mmm.... tartiflette
Soychi
Lieutenant

Ad Rem

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2017, 12:25:31 AM »

Nice work Gunny, looks good
Tartiflette, everyone loves bacon! I don't think we can get reblochon in the U.S. according to Wikipedia, and I've certainly never seen it in stores. Forgive an honest man his transgressions, he's just trying to feed his family.  Grin

Tartiflette
Admiral

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2017, 12:51:19 AM »

Oh I know it had to be good, I mean, that's a potato meat and cheese meal, you can't go wrong with that!  Wink
I hope that you served some white wine with that... Helps to digest.

Weltall
Admiral

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2017, 06:35:35 AM »

For some reason I always thought Tartiflette was a mushroom.. >.> the dish looks so yummy.

Ignorance is bliss..
MesoTroniK
Admiral

I am going to destroy your ships

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2017, 06:44:26 PM »

Can confirm, is delicious dish indeed.

Orikson
Captain

Always Seen on Discord

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2017, 05:10:56 AM »

You're all making me hungry again!

"A story teller and a trader. Tell me your tales and I'll tell you no lies."

Come join the Starsector Fan Chat! It's decently active.

Link: https://discord.gg/eb5UC
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: