Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Locking max CR  (Read 2697 times)

Jeje

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Locking max CR
« on: December 29, 2016, 06:18:12 PM »

Hi
so i've been playing the game for awhile and i'm really enjoying it however there is something that's really annoys me in game which is CR / MAX CR.
For EX lets say i have a big fleet. the fleet is at full CR and my max CR is 60% ( for most battles i feel that i don't need more than 60 ).
now there is a number of things that factors into the max CR. mainly the crew EXP. i'd go into a battle and lets say i won.
my crew would get EXP and lvl up and the max CR of my ships would go up too. then the game will start draining insane amounts of supplies to get the fleet to the new max CR at this point even if i win with out taking any dmg i'd lose much more then what i would gain.
a way to solve this problem is to have a way to lock my MAX CR ( at 60% ) 
i don't want my fleet to waste supplies to get CR to 70% 80%..... etc
is there a feature in the game to do that and if not can u make a mod for it or add it in game plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
(P.S sorry about my English :) it's not that gr8 i know :'( thnx for listening )

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
Re: Locking max CR
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 06:29:59 PM »

Hi
so i've been playing the game for awhile and i'm really enjoying it however there is something that's really annoys me in game which is CR / MAX CR.
For EX lets say i have a big fleet. the fleet is at full CR and my max CR is 60% ( for most battles i feel that i don't need more than 60 ).
now there is a number of things that factors into the max CR. mainly the crew EXP. i'd go into a battle and lets say i won.
my crew would get EXP and lvl up and the max CR of my ships would go up too. then the game will start draining insane amounts of supplies to get the fleet to the new max CR at this point even if i win with out taking any dmg i'd lose much more then what i would gain.
a way to solve this problem is to have a way to lock my MAX CR ( at 60% ) 
i don't want my fleet to waste supplies to get CR to 70% 80%..... etc
is there a feature in the game to do that and if not can u make a mod for it or add it in game plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
(P.S sorry about my English :) it's not that gr8 i know :'( thnx for listening )

Crew experience has been removed in the coming .8 update so most of your worries will be removed
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Jeje

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 06:50:06 PM »

ohhhh i c gr8 thnx man  :D :D

Dudinsky

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 07:05:43 AM »

I'd like to second OP's question: is there a way to permanently cap CR or mod it out into oblivion? I understand why it's there and what it's supposed to do but I hate everything about it and it's successfuly killing my enthusiasm for the game.
Thanks in advance.

Orikson

• Captain
  • Always Seen on Discord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2017, 07:32:05 AM »

I'd like to second OP's question: is there a way to permanently cap CR or mod it out into oblivion? I understand why it's there and what it's supposed to do but I hate everything about it and it's successfuly killing my enthusiasm for the game.
Thanks in advance.

Well, download Console Commands and use the 'InfiniteCR' command.

Make sure to read how to use the mod first!
"A story teller and a trader. Tell me your tales and I'll tell you no lies."

Come join the Starsector Fan Chat! It's decently active.

Link: https://discord.gg/eb5UC

Dudinsky

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2017, 07:36:57 AM »

Hallelujah! Thanks, mate.