Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: So..I lost...WTF?  (Read 4910 times)

lowpolygon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
So..I lost...WTF?
« on: December 15, 2016, 05:53:13 PM »

Ok..
I am playing as pirate faction, and my faction at the moment is having close pact with Sindarian.
And I am actually doing well for a change , when I finally took over the last planet/base that was hostile to me
A screen pops up and say Sindarian has won..but my pirate faction has pretty much owned all the planets in the galaxy.
The only planets left 2 Sindarian owned planet which I was planning on took over once all the hostile factions are gone.
So my question is ....is it possible for pirate faction to win the game at all ?

Dri

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: So..I lost...WTF?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 06:12:54 PM »

O_o

You might want to move this into modding bugs forum and list what mods you're using.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2016, 07:01:48 PM »

Ok..
I am playing as pirate faction, and my faction at the moment is having close pact with Sindarian.
And I am actually doing well for a change , when I finally took over the last planet/base that was hostile to me
A screen pops up and say Sindarian has won..but my pirate faction has pretty much owned all the planets in the galaxy.
The only planets left 2 Sindarian owned planet which I was planning on took over once all the hostile factions are gone.
So my question is ....is it possible for pirate faction to win the game at all ?
I think that I know what happened. Basically in Nexe, you aren't required to capture pirate bases to win, so when you captured all of those bases, it made that last man standing win instead. At least that is my theory
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 05:12:57 AM »

For now set countPiratesForVictory in exerelin_config.json to true.
Next version it'll always count the faction the player is in when doing the victory check.

lowpolygon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2016, 09:29:51 PM »

Thank you..
I am not sure if I will play as pirate again..too hard for me to start over...all those save/load...

snooze

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2017, 02:20:28 PM »

Ok..

Sorry, I have absolutely no idea what you are babbling about. Are you talking about the same game now?

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2017, 04:00:24 PM »

Sorry, I have absolutely no idea what you are babbling about.
OP's question and this thread have been resolved 3 weeks ago. if you don't have any additional advice or questions of your own, there's really not much reason to post here now. :P

suaig

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2017, 12:33:47 AM »

Sorry, I have absolutely no idea what you are babbling about.
OP's question and this thread have been resolved 3 weeks ago. if you don't have any additional advice or questions of your own, there's really not much reason to post here now. :P
OP really should have said that he was using the Nexelrin mod.

Creepin

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2017, 12:59:08 AM »

Sorry, I have absolutely no idea what you are babbling about. Are you talking about the same game now?
Considering that more experienced and established members have long since answered the question and apparently had no problem understanding what the OP was asking, I would seriously recommend reconsidering who exactly was "babbling" here.

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2017, 07:59:22 AM »

OP really should have said that he was using the Nexelrin mod.
yeah, but for players who haven't played vanilla a lot, it can become difficult to remember which parts of their modded game come from mods.

I would seriously recommend reconsidering who exactly was "babbling" here.
i agree it was uncalled for, but let's not start flinging poop at each other over a now pointless thread. :P