Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: [0.95a] STARSECTOR Ship&Weapon Editor (3.0.0-alpha-11)  (Read 108195 times)

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • On break.
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] STARSECTOR Ship&Weapon Editor (3.0.0-alpha-5)
« Reply #60 on: August 04, 2019, 07:06:42 PM »

The Ship Editor has always had problems with .csv files for me; I use a dedicated editor and I think it's much better.

Given how many things that aren't weapons or ships also use .csv files, you're going to need a .csv editor anyway, so you might as well use it for all the files.

Ranger9000

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 10, 2019, 11:20:44 AM »

Hey I figure this is just me missing something really obvious, but I'm trying to make a custom ship and whenever I try to add weapon slots it throws the EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION as soon as I hit shift and then crashes the program. Not sure what I'm missing but I feel like it's going to be something painfully obvious

Alemismun

• Ensign
  • Im just some weeb
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 10, 2019, 12:16:09 PM »

Hey I figure this is just me missing something really obvious, but I'm trying to make a custom ship and whenever I try to add weapon slots it throws the EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION as soon as I hit shift and then crashes the program. Not sure what I'm missing but I feel like it's going to be something painfully obvious
Exact same problem. I just add it manually at this point, though it sucks that I cannot see the arch of fire, I just gotta guess what seems right.

EDIT: FOUND A FIX!
ADD A SINGLE WEAPON SLOT MANUALLY, ANYWERE (Use my code if you want)
"weaponSlots": [
        {
            "angle": 0,
            "arc": 12,
            "id": "WS 001",
            "locations": [
            ],
            "mount": "HIDDEN",
            "size": "SMALL",
            "type": "BALLISTIC"
        }
],
THEN OPEN THE FILE IN THE EDITOR! It will let you add stuff via the editor after that, I found out by mistake lol.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 12:35:43 PM by Alemismun »

Ranger9000

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 10, 2019, 01:26:06 PM »

Well that worked. Thanks for sharing the fix. Wonder why it's busted if you don't have a manually added weapon in first.

bananana

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 19, 2019, 11:49:21 PM »

problem
editor removes "renderOrderMod": from .ship files.
Any and ALL sprites i ever posted on this forum are FREE to use. even if i'm using them myself. Don't ever, EVER ask for permission, or i will come to your home and EAT YOUR DOG!!!
i do NOT want to see my name appear in the credits section of any published mod and will consider it a personal insult.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2019, 04:09:04 AM »

I'm not sure which version of the ship editor they're using, but some people are having problems with the program inserting \r line break characters in strange places.
I've also encountered ships having "coversColor":"\r\r"

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 08, 2019, 09:31:44 AM »

It's also inserting line-breaks into Colors, positions of offsets in Weapons, etc., which makes for messy reading.  On offsets, in general, it'd be nice if they were recorded in X,Y /r  rather that X, /r  Y, /r.  So, this:

"hardpointOffsets":[0, 0],

Rather than:

"hardpointOffsets":[0,
                          0],

And with multiple points:

"hardpointOffsets":[0, 0,
                          5, 10],

Rather than:

"hardpointOffsets":[0,
                          10],

Feature Request:  it'd be quite awesome to have working color-picker for Glows / Beams and if the Preview mode showed shots / beams emitted from Weapons.  This is a major request though.

I really hope the issue of Hull Mods getting sorted by alpha-order gets resolved.  It's really making the last bits of polish on what I'm doing difficult, as I'm working through a lot of Variants.

There's a big issue with Skins that use a Variant that can cause a crash-bug for the game.  Skins that need a Variant, but disable a weapon slot, aren't "known" by SSED.  Putting a weapon into said slot with SSED causes a crash when the game operates.
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

Randomsovietfarmer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 09, 2019, 02:40:55 AM »

hello new user here to a report bug? i dont know if it a bug are something but everytime i try to clik the shift buton to put weapon slot a text pop up in the ship editor it read EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATON i google it and looking at some website but im no good at IT so im confused rn :'( [sorry for little bit of crappy english]
[Hey hey Seth fan here]

Ed

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 11, 2019, 07:34:28 PM »

hello new user here to a report bug? i dont know if it a bug are something but everytime i try to clik the shift buton to put weapon slot a text pop up in the ship editor it read EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATON i google it and looking at some website but im no good at IT so im confused rn :'( [sorry for little bit of crappy english]
Known issue, the current work-around is to open the .ship file with notepad and place a single weapon slot manually (open a vanilla ship to see how it is done), after that the editor will work fine.
Check out my ships

Randomsovietfarmer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 13, 2019, 08:51:03 AM »

Known issue, the current work-around is to open the .ship file with notepad and place a single weapon slot manually (open a vanilla ship to see how it is done), after that the editor will work fine.
Random here after i bean using the older version of the ship editor and reinstall alpha 5 try to put weapon and somehow it not crash? idk if a Author up dated the ship editor that fixed the bug or bc ship that i already edited stop the crash so i  make new ship try put the weapon and not crash i gruss the bug is gone?  ??? [sorry for little bit of crappy english]
[Hey hey Seth fan here]

Deathfly

• Modders' Vanguard
  • Commander
  • Murdered by T. H. Morgan
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] STARSECTOR Ship&Weapon Editor (3.0.0-alpha-4)
« Reply #70 on: November 25, 2019, 05:19:58 AM »

Ah, finally got some time to fix that bug...

3.0.0-alpha-6

3.0.0-alpha-6

-Fix a issue that cause CTD while trying to add first weapon slot to a now ship.
A not-so-noob functional geneticist
And a free bug hunter
Code and decode almost everythings with a genomics approach.
Served in Neutrino corporation as a long-term services and supports staff.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] STARSECTOR Ship&Weapon Editor (3.0.0-alpha-6)
« Reply #71 on: November 27, 2019, 10:28:11 AM »

Thanks for the new version!

Bug report: had an issue where the save dialog isn't appearing at all for the .ship file: neither the 'v' key nor selecting the menu option. This was after several successful ship builds/saves (and a fresh restart), so I'm not really sure what happened.

I decided to see if I could load up the ship_data.csv entry for the ship, and trying to do so gave an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATON and crashed to desktop.

Next restart everything was fine, and I haven't managed to reproduce the bug.

Oops, and another bug report: If you use 'ctr-alt-n' to reset a variant, you can no longer add any weapons by clicking (and input in general gets a little funny). This is especially a problem for modules, as there is no way to remove a module entirely (and leave the slot blank) other than resetting/restarting the program.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 11:40:13 AM by Thaago »

lolghurt

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 30, 2019, 07:38:03 PM »

Bug report: The program ignores csv lines that are commented out so hard that when it saves a new csv it deletes them.

Deathfly

• Modders' Vanguard
  • Commander
  • Murdered by T. H. Morgan
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 28, 2019, 09:25:13 PM »

Now we got a new features to test!

3.0.0-alpha-7

3.0.0-alpha-7

- Implement customize json object output order. The objects in ship/variant/weapon files now list in more human-readable orders.

- Fix a bug that cause the modification key can not be proper unregistered in some case, which causing use Ctrl+Alt+N function stuck the Ctrl and Alt down.

@Thaago
Thanks for the bug report.
I think the save dialog issue and the can't add new weapon for new variant issue are related to a single bug that cause the modification key can not be proper unregistered. I got that one fixed. And I will keep an eye on the csv edit mode, may fix that later.

@lolghurt
Thanks for the report. But unfortunately that is a coding limit instead of a bug. The commented lines has to be ignore while decoding the csv. So I'd advice you to use something else to handle csv file editing.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 08:45:04 PM by Deathfly »
A not-so-noob functional geneticist
And a free bug hunter
Code and decode almost everythings with a genomics approach.
Served in Neutrino corporation as a long-term services and supports staff.

Vayra

• Admiral
  • jangala delenda est
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] STARSECTOR Ship&Weapon Editor (3.0.0-alpha-7)
« Reply #74 on: December 31, 2019, 02:51:15 PM »

Awesome!

Any way we could get skin mode & skin variant editing as a priority soon?  :D
Kadur Remnant: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=6649
Vayra's Sector: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16058
Vayra's Ship Pack: http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=16059

im gonna push jangala into the sun i swear to god im gonna do it
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10