Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: [0.95a] STARSECTOR Ship&Weapon Editor (3.0.0-alpha-11)  (Read 108210 times)

Cataphract22

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: STARSECTOR Ship&Weapon Editor (v2.7.1)
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2017, 11:41:00 AM »

How does one even use this to make weapons?
I certainly can't figure it out

I added a weapon .csv editor to my latest branch, among a few other features/bugfixes, so you should have an easier time creating weapons if Deathfly approves the changes.

Request - can we have skin editor mode too?

I'll look into this next. I haven't played around with skins and what they do yet, so it might take a little time.

joe130794

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2017, 01:03:50 PM »

I was just wondering. Maybe I'm missing something but I've tried to create a weapon with this and I couldn't figure out how to add another barrel to the weapon.  I'm trying to make a small 2 barrel flak turret.

Cataphract22

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2017, 05:55:24 PM »

I was just wondering. Maybe I'm missing something but I've tried to create a weapon with this and I couldn't figure out how to add another barrel to the weapon.  I'm trying to make a small 2 barrel flak turret.

I haven't made any weapons with this yet, but I believe you need to add offsets - have an offset on each barrel. If you load the weapon data from the dual flak cannon in the core data files, you can see how that is put together.

joe130794

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2017, 05:16:23 AM »

I'll try that then. I had tried holding shift and clicking to add offsets but nothing happened so I'll try that instead.

Baron von Scoopz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2017, 09:04:18 PM »

Can anyone give a tutorial on how to run this in WINE on Mac? It's giving me a heck ton of trouble.

Baron von Scoopz

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2017, 11:39:49 PM »

No problem. Whenever you have time. Thanks a ton Soren. You're a godsend.

TheWetFish

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2017, 09:01:54 PM »

Would it be at all possible to adapt the Ship&Weapon Editor to provide stacked sprites, as they appear in the game?

We've got an ongoing issue with the wiki(s) where sprites need to be manually stacked together.  This is becoming a more pressing concern now that we're heading full steam towards increased automation of wiki activities (for vanilla Starsector and likely also mods)

Some of the mod authors have also requested that sprites to go on a prospective wiki be modified to make theft more difficult.  I have zero experience working with sprites.  Is it at all practical to have some form of automated function to rotate or interleave sprites?

Ideally what I'm seeking is something I can call from a Powershell script, that will be provided with the relevant sprite file locations & offset data and then stack the sprites together, with bonus points for rotation or interleaving

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2017, 09:28:22 AM »

In case i`m dumb and / or just lazy to use search - please forgive me :)

I was trying to find a way to add fighter wings to ship variants in this editor, but it doesn`t seem to be here. More so, loading a variant with manually assigned wings just deletes them upon saving.

Any ideas if it is me or the editor that is bugged?

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2017, 09:31:39 AM »

I was trying to find a way to add fighter wings to ship variants in this editor, but it doesn`t seem to be here. More so, loading a variant with manually assigned wings just deletes them upon saving.

Don't think the editor has been updated to include 0.8+ features yet, like fighters being changed to ship weapons and the such.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2017, 09:33:00 AM »

The editor needs to be updated to support Wings and installed Fighters, Okim.  We haven't heard from the current maintainer in a little while, either, so we'll have to see if somebody else will need to fix that.
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

kazi

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2017, 03:24:43 PM »

I at least got it to compile on Ubuntu Linux. Buggy as ***, but hey, it compiles:

Code
# grab blitzmax from https://nitrologic.itch.io/blitzmax and unpack wherever
sudo apt install libc6-dev-i386 lib32stdc++-6-dev mesa-common-dev:i386 libxpm-dev:i386 libfreetype6-dev:i386 libx11-dev:i386 libglu1-mesa-dev:i386 libxft2-dev:i386
BMK_LD_OPTS="-lgcc -ldl -lfontconfig" /path/to/bmk makeapp -a -r -t gui -o sf-ship-ed.exe sf-ship-ed.bmx

*edit - upon actually trying things the easy way and using Wine, stuff just works. >_<
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 03:27:27 PM by kazi »

Cataphract22

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2017, 04:39:29 PM »

The editor needs to be updated to support Wings and installed Fighters, Okim.  We haven't heard from the current maintainer in a little while, either, so we'll have to see if somebody else will need to fix that.

I was working on this for a while, but it's more complicated than I expected it to be. Given that I don't have much experience with Object BASIC, it's pretty much beyond my ability. However, I'm working on a whole new editor for SS in GM:S2 which will include fighter bays. That'll be a long way out though sorry. Best bet for now is to add them manually.

Protonus

• Captain
  • AAAAAAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2017, 06:43:15 AM »

Do you think we could have compatibility for Ship Modules that borrows multiple files and emulates the multi-sectional ship anytime soon?

The cookies are a weird one, okay.

c0nr4d1c4l

• Commander
  • Local forum transient
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2017, 09:24:26 PM »

Do you think we could have compatibility for Ship Modules that borrows multiple files and emulates the multi-sectional ship anytime soon?
^
"Slap slap slap, clap clap clap"

Head salesman and CEO of the Discount Shipyard

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2017, 11:36:09 AM »

I approve of this wholeheartedly; I apologize for my long period of inactivity, and thank you very much for picking up the baton and moving the ball forward. I'm glad the community demand for this tool was high enough to justify the effort.

Bravo!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10