Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 116

Author Topic: Starsector 0.8a (Released) Patch Notes  (Read 639343 times)

Clockwork Owl

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Starsector South Korean Community
Re: Starsector 0.8a (In Development) Patch Notes
« Reply #375 on: March 25, 2017, 10:00:25 AM »

Damage decal isn't helping either. but darn, you're way better than me...

Now it occured to me that what we got is not 100% whole parts of a ship - you can "shoot a debris to break it furter" and looks like they've been shot multiple times to prevent the exact job we're doing. Some pieces might have been evaporated, drifted off-screen, or ground to fine dusts and unable to be seen.

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: March 25, 2017, 10:26:28 AM »

Some one has been watching too much the Guardians of the Galaxy
never seen it, actually. :P

but who doesn't love duct tape?

Damage decal isn't helping either. but darn, you're way better than me...

Now it occured to me that what we got is not 100% whole parts of a ship - you can "shoot a debris to break it furter" and looks like they've been shot multiple times to prevent the exact job we're doing. Some pieces might have been evaporated, drifted off-screen, or ground to fine dusts and unable to be seen.
yeah, that's what i'm thinking too. it probably isn't even the whole ship, and the damage decal will make it impossible to see any details besides rough shape. also doesn't help that we don't know how far the zoom is in the screenshot, so we can't know how much of the ship is missing based on average capital ship size.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: March 25, 2017, 10:33:01 AM »

*cough*quitters*cough*

(About 80-90% of the ship is there.)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: March 25, 2017, 10:44:32 AM »

still lots of new stuff to look forward to that we didn't know about already! there's one thing missing that i was hoping to see in there though; a suggestion i made about a year ago. so i'd like to ask: did that just not make it into the changelog, did you try it out and decided not to implement it, or did you forget about it? ^^

Oh, hey, yeah! I'm sure I have it written down somewhere, just haven't looked there :) I'll see what I can do - part of it is it's annoyingly non-trivial to add.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: March 25, 2017, 10:52:50 AM »

*cough*quitters*cough*

(About 80-90% of the ship is there.)
I'm not done yet - mark my words, a mostly welded-together Legion will appear soon enough!

Although I'm sure if I were welding this thing together in space, I'd at least have a basic visual representation of what the thing looked like before the fleet disabled it, then went ahead and overkilled it. ::) But, as any good logistics officer does, I shall go on with the job.  Hopefully the bulkheads and hallways line up, otherwise the crew that's doomed to fly this thing is going to have a bit of a hard time getting around.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 11:01:13 AM by The Soldier »
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Clockwork Owl

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: March 25, 2017, 10:56:13 AM »

Although I'm sure if I were welding this thing together in space, I'd at least have a basic visual representation of what the thing looked like
I'd be yelling at my officers about ammo conservation, excessive response and RoE and stuff.

I referred to Soldier's one, and welded additional 2 small pieces(one in c, one in l). Guess we're going somewhere...

Unfortunately, bedtime for me. If I'm up in the morning and it isn't still in complete shape, than I'm in again.
Spoiler
[close]
Aron out. o7
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 11:00:26 AM by Aron0621 »

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: March 25, 2017, 11:01:41 AM »

Oh, hey, yeah! I'm sure I have it written down somewhere, just haven't looked there :) I'll see what I can do - part of it is it's annoyingly non-trivial to add.
okay, thanks! :]

...now i'm imagining your workplace covered entirely with post-its of different colors, with texts ranging from detailed thoughts on potential improvements of specific UI elements, to just "PROMETHEUS MK.II" without any additional context.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 11:05:11 AM by Sy »

Clockwork Owl

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: March 25, 2017, 11:04:37 AM »

PROMETHEUS MK.II

THAT'S ENOUGH OF A CONTEXT

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: March 25, 2017, 11:05:35 AM »

cjuicy

• Captain
  • Figuring out how the hell to wear heels (She/it)
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: March 25, 2017, 11:10:49 AM »

Oh hell naw. It's the Buffalo mk. 5, also known as the Potato
It's been a long time, but I still love ya!

- Pfp done by Sleepyfish!

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: March 25, 2017, 11:36:09 AM »

Alex if ejected cargo is gonna be recoverable how does system patrol interact with it?
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: March 25, 2017, 11:38:41 AM »

Alex if ejected cargo is gonna be recoverable how does system patrol interact with it?

It doesn't, good point.

Clockwork Owl

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: March 25, 2017, 11:53:37 AM »

It doesn't, good point.
So you can...just... eject your contrabands before getting inspected and they don't give a d*mn about what you just ejected out of your ship?

...right, I think I said about me going to bed... I probably should, for real this time.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 11:55:35 AM by Aron0621 »

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: March 25, 2017, 11:57:48 AM »

May I ask how the break lines for pieces of ship are calculated when they're destroyed?  Tessellations?  Fractals (which would be rather fitting)?  Or even just pixel color?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 12:05:39 PM by The Soldier »
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: March 25, 2017, 12:03:52 PM »

May I ask how the break points for pieces of ship are calculated when they're destroyed?  Tessellations?  Fractals (which would be rather fitting)?

Picks a valid (i.e. not intersecting or coming too close to other edges) line that splits the current piece in two, then perturbs the line using a fractal...ish algorithm to make the line jagged.

So you can...just... eject your contrabands before getting inspected and they don't give a d*mn about what you just ejected out of your ship?

Well yeah, what I mean by "good point" is that I need to do something about that :)
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 116