Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Relations  (Read 1634 times)

Kali666

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Relations
« on: December 13, 2016, 12:04:49 PM »

So I've been trying to get by with Blackrock DriveYards (They're at war with Hegemony and 3-Tachyon) , achieved favourable, accepted the commission or whatever it's called and it was fun and dandy.

But after some time they got dragged into 2 more wars with Sindrian Diktat and PBC, so now they're at war with 4 factions, it wouldn't be a problem if my relations got changed accordingly but they didnt, I'm only at war with the Hegemony and 3-Tachyon since they were at war with them when I started the commission.

I'm not at war with SD or PBC and I keep losing -5 relations with BDY for each of them every cycle or so for not being at war with them.

Any way to declare war with SD and PBC without actually going to their systems and harassing their convoys/patrols/whatever and forcing the war?

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
Re: Relations
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 01:09:57 PM »

Hi there, welcome to the forum!

At the moment an attack is the only way to declare war. If you don't want to go to their system you could keep your eyes open for one of their trade fleets in a neutral system.
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2016, 02:54:44 PM »

If you feel a little unsure about randomly attacking an enemy fleet out of nowhere (And the possible rep hit from everyone else for doing so), you can attack the enemy while they are attacking a blackrock fleet. You'll be at war with the enemy, but no one else will care. Alternatively, do as Gothars said, but keep your transponder off. Then just slowly chip away at the enemy rep until you're at war. Put your transponder back on, and continue as normal.

Kali666

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2016, 03:08:49 PM »

I left the system I was in and there was a PBC fleet, I attacked them, went to war with PBC and the Diktat since they were allies I guess, flew away for maybe 3 ingame days and BDY signed a peace treaty with PBC which resulted in me getting I think -3 relations for being at war with each of them, Lul.
Would be nice if it automatically toggled the relations with the factions if you were commissioned to someone, IDK how I'm going to fix this situation  ???