Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Jupiter Hell - a DoomRL successor on Kickstarter  (Read 2405 times)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Jupiter Hell - a DoomRL successor on Kickstarter
« on: November 28, 2016, 10:10:10 AM »

Not usually a thing I do, needless to say. But: this looks super cool, the engine tech is really impressive, and from what I can tell, the guy knows what he's doing game-design wise. Been following this for a while on Twitter. Also, apparently Carmack (yeah, that one) backed it, so there's that.

Here's the link, if anyone wants to check it out. It's struggling a bit as far as pledges, so it looks like it's going to be close.

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Jupiter Hell - a DoomRL successor on Kickstarter
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 11:20:59 AM »

Will definitely be pledging to this one. Cool. Totally in love with DoomRL.  :)

http://www.roguelikeradio.com/

For those that are interested - Kornel is an occasional contributor to the excellent roguelike radio podcast; and looks like latest episode is dedicated to this. I haven't listened to this episode but they are always jolly good (you need to be predisposed to enjoy listening to people rant on about the minutiae of roguelikes and game design ... But ... :D)

"I'm doing it, I'm making them purple! No one can stop me!"

Dri

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2016, 12:03:25 PM »

I'm a fan of Doom. I'm also a fan of Roguelikes! So, I think I just might back this!

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2016, 08:18:47 AM »

I will watch its progress, especially given recent news about DoomRL itself.  I liked AliensRL, DoomRL, and classic Doom.