Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Biomechanoids (WIP)  (Read 17289 times)

Kaucukovnik

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Biomechanoids (WIP)
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2017, 05:59:36 AM »

I don't think making every dent in armor cost crew would be a good idea anyway, so hull is just fine.

Since flux-free fire is both the easiest and the most balanced option, we have a winner. Inclusion of energy weapons might be desirable depending on field tests.
The animation will be the ribcage glowing, serving as a radiator along the ship's spine:

And I can do without the lights on knees and in hangar bays.

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2017, 01:58:16 AM »

I don't think making every dent in armor cost crew would be a good idea anyway, so hull is just fine.

Since flux-free fire is both the easiest and the most balanced option, we have a winner. Inclusion of energy weapons might be desirable depending on field tests.
The animation will be the ribcage glowing, serving as a radiator along the ship's spine:
Spoiler
[close]
And I can do without the lights on knees and in hangar bays.

Ah, I see. In that case it's fairly simple - you'll only need an empty frame, and a single glow frame. Lights on the hangar bays are also doable; essentially what you're after is 'glows'. I was just under the impression that the actual 'animation' you were doing was the heart ship.

I will be able to do it, but I'll need to have the mod physically on my system in order to set it up for usage - it's deceptively more in-depth than just a file.

Also - have you had a go at altering a FACTION file, and are you looking to have these guys have their own planet or station?

PyroFuzz

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2017, 11:52:54 AM »

Reminds me of this boss in metal slug 6.
Hello!

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2017, 10:29:45 PM »

oh *** you're right @_@
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

Wriath

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2017, 07:22:17 AM »

As far as the crew damage armor regen, could you make starting the system do a chunk of hull damage then immediately repair it to kill off some crew? (Raises the question of whether crew death is calculated by damage as it's done or just the difference between when the battle started and ended.)
Pages: 1 2 [3]