Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Custom Battles  (Read 2700 times)

Botaragno

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Custom Battles
« on: November 20, 2016, 11:57:03 AM »

I have no clue if this has already been answered, because searching the word "custom" anywhere on the forums yield nothing significant.

Is there, or will there be, a feature or mod allowing us to simply set up a friendly fleet, an opposing fleet, and have them duke it out other some battlefield.

Simulator doesn't do enough, since you're limited to the ships you have in game or in mission, and it's only you vs the entire SIM fleet, or You and your buds *** around doing nothing.
Some day the Conquest will be a viable capital..... some day....

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Custom Battles
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016, 12:05:57 PM »

Yeah there's been some suggestions on that topic already. Like you said, a place where we have all avaible ships, weapons and character skills would be really nice to have. But as far as I know there are no mods currently that have that (maybe I'm mistaken) and Alex didn't say anything regarding that in the past.
Please don't take me too seriously.

Botaragno

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2016, 12:55:59 PM »

How the great googly moogly has it been Zog-off how many years the game's been out and NO ONE (1) has even attempted to mod this kind of thing in?

Is it impossible to add to the Main menu? Is that it?
Some day the Conquest will be a viable capital..... some day....

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2016, 12:56:37 PM »

The closest we have is the devmode "edit variants" simulator in the main menu. It allow you to set up battles as you have access to the whole simulator fleet as allies. Only the "standard" variants are available though, so not quite the amount of customization that Grievous69 is talking about.

But yeah, some custom battle mod could be handy for some things. Perhaps one day this could allow for a second forum tournament?

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2016, 03:01:45 PM »

Dynasector adds a custom battle mission, it is really fun and also extremely useful for testing mod stuff.