Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Ship Refit QoL  (Read 2146 times)

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Ship Refit QoL
« on: October 09, 2016, 01:17:38 PM »

Just a small suggestion.

Would it be possible to add a filter of some kind when a weapon mount is selected and it can accept more than one type of weapon?

Something like:

Spoiler
[close]

Clutter isn't too bad in vanilla, but mods can make this list very busy.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
Re: Ship Refit QoL
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 01:37:43 PM »

Not even mentioning when the same weapon can appear in your cargo hold, your station hold, and all three markets...

I had proposed a different solution for the same issue in this suggestion, but the conversation mostly focused on the other propositions.

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2016, 04:07:11 PM »

Oh yeah I hate that clutter
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

Sy

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2016, 11:53:20 AM »

i'm a bit late to the party, but i'd love to see some improvement there as well. and my two ideas were also 1) provide filters for weapon type and/or 2) group weapons from different sources together in some way.

sidenote: you guys sure make some great looking mockups!

also, it would be nice to be able to use the shift-click functionality (which puts the last slotted weapon into the currently selected mount) in a way that combines the various possible sources. at the moment, it doesn't allow for quickly slotting weapons from a market after one from the inventory or storage. which makes sense to avoid potentially unexpected expenses, but also makes it less useful for when i either already know how many of those weapons it would have to pull from a market, or simply don't care about the costs (which happens rather early on with cheap weapons like small-mount PD).

if the potential for unexpected expenses is too important to ignore, ctrl-click (which, afaik, doesn't currently have any effect) could be used as source-independent alternative to shift-click, using any weapons available from inventory > storage > military market > open market > black market.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 11:55:08 AM by Sy »