Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Stats page for your ships  (Read 2934 times)

Gear

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Stats page for your ships
« on: February 23, 2012, 09:21:46 AM »

Basically a page where I can see how many enemy ships each my of individual ships has taken out, maybe how much damage they have done. I would like to see how much damage my weapon loadouts are doing and to see how well the AI handles with customized ships.

JookySeaCpt

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Stats page for your ships
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 11:44:22 AM »

I was just thinking about this the other day, and I am glad that I found that it was already suggested. It would be really helpful to have lifetime stats for ships in order to see how effective they are, and to spot in trouble areas in fleet composition. When I am in a battle, I am paying attention to my flagship, so I don't necessarily see what the rest of my fleet is doing. Also, there could be a certain nostalgia factor in seeing the stats for that ship you've kept around since the beginning of the game. (In my case it was a Hound, the little guy had the heart of a champion).

Having more detailed stats in the after action report, and a lifetime stats page for each ship would be really nice.

xenoargh

• Admiral
  • naively breaking things!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 11:48:35 AM »

+1; I'd love to see this, especially if the kills are broken down by class.
Please check out my SS projects :)
Xeno's Mod Pack

Catra

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 06:16:35 PM »

been asked for a few times already.

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2012, 06:02:33 AM »

I think the game would need to keep track which shich killed what, and in order to do that it would have to keep track of every individual bullet fired.
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2012, 06:26:26 AM »

I think the game would need to keep track which shich killed what, and in order to do that it would have to keep track of every individual bullet fired.

True but (depending on implementation) that isn't actually a problem. Each bullet is (probably) already an object which contains its type, position, velocity, lifetime at the very least. Another string (probably) isn't a big deal. The real question is the time to develop and test the feature - I would love this, but think its more of an 'icing on the cake' feature than core gameplay.

Faiter119

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2012, 06:29:08 AM »

Would be a nice feature. But im pretty sure the "Bang for buck" ratio is to low for Alex.

Id like some other stats aslwell, like distance traveled and ammo consumed. Oh and "Amount of money destroyed" please.