Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering v.1.18a  (Read 506380 times)

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few.
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering v.1.18a
« Reply #1245 on: September 23, 2020, 09:14:46 AM »

I'm currently balls-deep in a very demanding freelance contract and the next version will be fixed when it releases.

Commissioned Crews will be in the next update, which is coming when it's ready, AKA Soon™ (IE, somewhere between 'later' and 'much later').
« Last Edit: September 23, 2020, 09:20:26 AM by Harmful Mechanic »
People need societies, but they don't necessarily need nations.

pairedeciseaux

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: September 23, 2020, 12:09:12 PM »

So here are the ships that I am using in my fleet:

I am under the impression that your fleet did lack kinetic-damage-dealing weapons. If you are not already using them, have a look at Linear Autoguns and Linear Cannons. Use them together with either high explosive or energy damage dealing guns on most (if not all) your ships. It might be possible to not use them and be successful against shielded opponents, but I suspect it would require a lot of Voltigeur spam (either from the dedicated missile launchers, or from the appropriate fighters).

You mentioned a few Rail Accelerators and Voltigeur missiles, but I suspect that won't be enough.

Also you want numerical superiority or excellent fighter coverage. And you often need state of the art point defence on DME ships.

( haven't played DME or even modded since a long time, so take this with a grain of salt  :) )

Also do experiment based on answers you get in the "Is there a guide on how to use the AI combat?" thread you opened in the General Discussions section of the forum. There is a lot to learn in the base game, and adding mods makes it more complicated. There is a fair assumption from mod authors and veteran players that someone going modded do indeed master the base game.  ;D

Warnoise

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: September 24, 2020, 09:15:42 AM »

I am under the impression that your fleet did lack kinetic-damage-dealing weapons. If you are not already using them, have a look at Linear Autoguns and Linear Cannons. Use them together with either high explosive or energy damage dealing guns on most (if not all) your ships. It might be possible to not use them and be successful against shielded opponents, but I suspect it would require a lot of Voltigeur spam (either from the dedicated missile launchers, or from the appropriate fighters).

You mentioned a few Rail Accelerators and Voltigeur missiles, but I suspect that won't be enough.

Also you want numerical superiority or excellent fighter coverage. And you often need state of the art point defence on DME ships.

( haven't played DME or even modded since a long time, so take this with a grain of salt  :) )

Also do experiment based on answers you get in the "Is there a guide on how to use the AI combat?" thread you opened in the General Discussions section of the forum. There is a lot to learn in the base game, and adding mods makes it more complicated. There is a fair assumption from mod authors and veteran players that someone going modded do indeed master the base game.  ;D

You are right. I changed weaponry in a more balanced way after I got additional DME weapons blueprints.

Now I can destroy pirates with ease. I still get murdered by remnants though. Their extra range make it impossible for anything smaller than that research capital ship to approach them. The rest can't even get in range to fire their weapons before they get killed. I am still looking for a good DME weapon (something similar role to the needler) because I try to avoid common or other faction weapons as much as possible.

I included about 3 or 4 d'erlan since they are quite cost effective.

Also, the Burya is my new favourite ship. I love the concept of that thing and the most enjoyable part of my DME playthrough is playing around smaller ships to make something out of them.

This is by far the most challenging (especially those Blade breakers, holy hell that Snake Eye or whatever its name is ) but it is also the most enjoyable.

Warnoise

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: September 25, 2020, 02:59:30 AM »

I noticed a bunch of odd things. I don't know if they are issues or not though so I appreciate some feedback.

I am using Nexelerin and D'assault Mikoyan faction got decimated early game. I brought it back to life by giving it a couple of planets with military bases and stuff.

So here are the strange things:

>DME fields way too many of civilian ships in their military fleets.
Too many Lodestar and Sevastopol.

>Their military markets only sell common High tech ships, they don't sell DME ships

>There are some DME ships that I have never seen (neither Blueprint nor hulls) such as: Jeanne D'arc, Kobra, Wanderer, Snow goose, Kormoran, Chamois and Vesper. It is as if they don't exist in the game.

Is that intended?

If not, could anyone let me know which settings I should change to fix the a I've issues?

Thanks.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Bitbucket profile
    • Email
« Reply #1249 on: September 26, 2020, 12:29:14 AM »

It sounds like DME didn't have the heavy industry needed to build its own things. You could give them a planet with one.
(they might also build it if given a colony with an empty slot, or after one of their existing colonies grows in size, but I'm not sure if this is reliable)

Modo44

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: September 26, 2020, 06:54:01 AM »

They do start with Heavy Industry on Peremony. But it can get captured fairly early on if the right enemies (any core faction) decide so.

Farya

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: September 26, 2020, 08:36:07 AM »

You are right. I changed weaponry in a more balanced way after I got additional DME weapons blueprints.

Now I can destroy pirates with ease. I still get murdered by remnants though. Their extra range make it impossible for anything smaller than that research capital ship to approach them. The rest can't even get in range to fire their weapons before they get killed. I am still looking for a good DME weapon (something similar role to the needler) because I try to avoid common or other faction weapons as much as possible.

I included about 3 or 4 d'erlan since they are quite cost effective.

Also, the Burya is my new favourite ship. I love the concept of that thing and the most enjoyable part of my DME playthrough is playing around smaller ships to make something out of them.

This is by far the most challenging (especially those Blade breakers, holy hell that Snake Eye or whatever its name is ) but it is also the most enjoyable.
You should probably get a couple of light carriers then. Smaller remnants are vulnerable to small crafts and so do BBs somewhat as fighter wings could relentlessly chase them down from any direction. Tereshkova is a good candidate for combat carrier that uses DME drones and also fights on it's own. That designated patrol carrier from DME would work great with proper fighter and bomber wings from the back line.
And for fighting BBs you should get some good low tech bricks to tank against BBs and smash them. Hegemony ships, Imperium ships, Kadur ships would work great here. Hell, even some pather ships might be incredible at punishing this unholy machine bastards. Also it's just crazy awesome to Crusher Drive into them.

Peanut Man

• Ensign
  • Peanut Man, Unsalted!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: September 26, 2020, 10:16:02 PM »

I look forward to the next update! Though rather then stressing you. I'll take another novel approach.

How are you? Is everything okay at home? Remember to stay hydrated! And be happy!

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: September 26, 2020, 11:08:58 PM »

I look forward to the next update! Though rather then stressing you. I'll take another novel approach.
It's extremely novel, believe me. And thanks. I'm actually doing fine.

Progress has been slow because I'm busy with other things, including work... but the holidays should coincide with renewed modding time. I've been doing some visual and balance improvements here and there, but it's still pretty scattershot.

Farya

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: September 26, 2020, 11:50:20 PM »

It's extremely novel, believe me. And thanks. I'm actually doing fine.

Progress has been slow because I'm busy with other things, including work... but the holidays should coincide with renewed modding time. I've been doing some visual and balance improvements here and there, but it's still pretty scattershot.
BTW, why commie DME ships are all UNBOARDABLE even though they are producable if you choose a commie start in Nexerelin? And you can also purchase them at commie central base. Would this commie DME subfaction finally appear on it's own?

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: September 26, 2020, 11:53:42 PM »

They were originally meant to be a hireable merc faction; it took long enough, and Vayra liked them enough, that I decided to simply give them Council tags.

They are extremely unremarkable ship, overall; I haven't revised the art in dog's ages and might not ever bother. Feel free to remove the tags; I might tweak them later, but it's more likely that they remain a weird offshoot that never goes anywhere.

Farya

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: September 27, 2020, 12:12:13 AM »

They were originally meant to be a hireable merc faction; it took long enough, and Vayra liked them enough, that I decided to simply give them Council tags.

They are extremely unremarkable ship, overall; I haven't revised the art in dog's ages and might not ever bother. Feel free to remove the tags; I might tweak them later, but it's more likely that they remain a weird offshoot that never goes anywhere.
What about custom start with them then? You are basically a mercenary of DME who decided to go independent.
Or maybe make them appear in expedition fleets or something. IIRC DME avoids direct confrontation with other parties when possible - it would make sense for them to send mercenaries after you should you annoy them enough so they could keep plausible deniability for such hostile act.
UPD: What if you add some Independent market to one of DME systems which would house an unique military base that spawns unique DME-allied dettachements made up of these red ships? They would represent United Security as PMCs of DME.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 12:16:15 AM by Farya »

Garafetdin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: October 03, 2020, 05:07:49 AM »

First of all, great mod. I'm yet to explore most of the DME warships, but I am definitely enjoying their carriers and all of the Blade Breaker stuff. Also, I'd like to note that Deserters are the first faction to fulfill  my dream of having my own faction in starsector which has a homogenous fleet doctrine with unique ship designs (as in "nobody else in the sector has the same ships as my faction"). The fact that Blade Breakers and Deserters use different ship designs is just so great I can't thank the creator enough for their hard work.
I would like to ask if the fact that Lycosid and Hellion fighters are unobtainable is intentional or not. Lycosid doesn't even seem powerful enough to warrant its undropableness. I can be wrong though. But Hellion is the one that really interests me. Phase fighter is probably not balanced for the player and is probably there to buff Blade Breakers up to make them more challenging. But I read on this forum that it used to drop on earlier versions of the mod 2 years ago. If it's intentional, then I'll leave these fighters to Blade Breakers, but if not I'll just add some to my fleet to have some fun with them.

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: October 03, 2020, 06:49:37 PM »

The problem with phase fighters is that they do weird buggy stuff if you put them in a ship with Recall Teleport, and there's no real way to fix it, so they're going to become a built-in on the mainline BB Sparrowhawk. So very much intentional there.

Lycosids are getting rebalanced a bit and made droppable again, though.

Warhydra

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: October 04, 2020, 01:25:33 PM »

Got back into the game after a long hiatus and... OH GOD my poor Calliope :(
To be fair, the change to frag is well deserved, I ll miss covered the entire map in HE rockets though.
On the other hand, I like the other changes, Zelenograd seems better than before. (It had a subsystem change?), new Bladewood looks better, more awesome but impractical BB stuff etc
Why do DME and Scalartech start out hostile though? Not that I dont appreciate it because it creates some great opportunity for salvage, but does contribute to the possibility of DME getting wiped out early. 
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85