Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.9.1a is out! (05/10/19); Blog post: GIF Roundup (04/11/20)

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 82

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering v.1.18a  (Read 465683 times)

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few.
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering v.1.18a
« Reply #1050 on: December 28, 2019, 07:45:28 PM »

After digging around, I found that there's a blueprint for bladewood, but doesn't seem to be one for Proto-Sparrowhawk. If the bladewood BP supposed to be dropping from somewhere? If yes, what about Proto-Sparrowhawk?

The prototype Sparrowhawk and the prototype Curse are one-offs; you can recover the lone wrecks I placed in the sector, but not produce more. That's mainly because of how powerful/unbalanced they are; the balance mechanism for a ship like either of those is for you to only have one, and when you lose it in battle, it's gone forever. If you could make fleets full of either one, you would, and the game would get less challenging and interesting. They're flagships, not building blocks for an interesting fleet.

Something like the Bladewood, on the other hand, is more powerful, but that's because it's a relatively balanced capital ship, not an unbalanced destroyer or cruiser. So it can be a production item.

You can, however, make your own blueprint pack for it if you so desire (add a 'rare_bp' tag to the skin file and it should show up in salvage), or use Console Commands:

Code
addspecial ship_bp istl_stormkestrel_proto

I'm not opposed to having some method of outputting (single) replacements for destroyed Curses and Sparrowhawks at some later date, but right now it's pretty far down the to-do list. If they were more common, I'd also rebalance them to be less powerful.
People need societies, but they don't necessarily need nations.

xucthclu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: December 29, 2019, 01:26:05 PM »

Wasn't aware of the wrecks. Makes sense, tho; curse has the Drovers system, which automatically makes any carrier OP and proto-kestrel is quite formidable in its own right.

ANGRYABOUTELVES

• Admiral
  • AE ALTADOON GHARTOK PADHOME
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: December 30, 2019, 06:36:20 AM »

The Streak MIRV Tube and the Streak MIRV Rack seem to have their costs switched. The Tube, the single shot version, costs 500c to create; the Rack, the double shot version, costs 200c to create. I'm pretty sure it should be the other way around.

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: December 30, 2019, 05:07:39 PM »

The Streak tube carries 4 rounds and the Streak rack carries 2. I might up the ammo count of a Streak tube to 5 if enough people think 4 is too low, but it's meant to be like that; you trade peak RoF for sustained fire (especially important since Streak MIRVs can saturate PD easier than most missiles).

Deageon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: January 01, 2020, 11:11:38 AM »

So do the blade breaker deserters actually exist as a faction that spawns? Or nah?
Also this mod is fuckin epic, probably one of the best in terms of aesthetics

xucthclu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: January 01, 2020, 02:56:45 PM »

Bottom from core worlds, look for a system that has a sigma-distorted star. They do not have markets tho

So do the blade breaker deserters actually exist as a faction that spawns? Or nah?

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: January 03, 2020, 05:50:33 AM »

Not unless you the player decide to use it, no (or you could sell it to the pirates). I have some ideas about what might happen to the blueprint later if the player doesn't discover it by a certain date, though.

Glad you like it.

Deageon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: January 11, 2020, 06:48:55 PM »

>get a job to go check out some barren planet, whatevr
>roll on up
>"BLADE BREAKERS WARNING BEACON"
>oh no
that was probably the most tense situation i've experienced yet, given that my fleet was geared for exploration and not fighting scary mfers
did manage to pick up a "special" ship while i was running from 3 separate fleets after i scanned the barren planet tho :)

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: January 13, 2020, 08:07:27 AM »

That's just about the platonic ideal experience as designed. First you run, or maybe you get fleetwiped - then you come back for revenge...

Deageon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: January 13, 2020, 01:05:24 PM »

yeeeeeep, i still have my eye on a drone-protected station probably CHOCK full of loot......i'll be back you spooky blade bastards!
also how regular/irregular are raids by the BBs?

Phoenixheart

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1060 on: January 13, 2020, 04:45:00 PM »

I noticed some of the weapon names seem to be inspired by Mechwarrior/Battletech weapon names, is that a coincidence? (example, ER lasers, pulse lasers, streak missiles, AC/UAC's)

Either way, I approve!

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: January 13, 2020, 04:52:10 PM »

It's just a natural outgrowth of vanilla as well, so some of it is coincidence and some of it is aiming for similar feel.

(EG, Hellrider XRM = "Well, a Harpoon is an MRM ('medium range missile'), maybe there's an eXtended Range Missile...")

The various pulsed lasers definitely have more of a Mechwarrior feel than anything else (I don't like continuous beams very much).
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 05:27:50 PM by Harmful Mechanic »

Shadow39344

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: January 14, 2020, 04:26:15 PM »

Hi
i had a hard crash which i think comes from this mod.
this is the error:

Spoiler
[Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull [istl_bladewood] variant [585bf8_0]: slot id [WS0048] not found for weapon [istl_bbdecovent_lg]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Ship hull [istl_bladewood] variant [585bf8_0]: slot id [WS0048] not found for weapon [istl_bbdecovent_lg]
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.specs.oooo.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.Object.OO0O.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.Object.OO0O.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.intsuper.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.fleet.FleetMemberView.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.o00OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.D.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.e$Oo.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.e.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.O0oo.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.oOOo.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.String.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.O0oO.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.o0oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.Objectsuper.renderImpl(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.render(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

which i assume is from me building a bladewood.
it crashes when you want to take the ship out of storage
i think the cause is that when the ship was built i didn't have the blueprints for the deserter wings(i gave myself the blueprint for the ship via console commands(the blueprint not the package))

Donahue

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: January 17, 2020, 11:58:48 AM »

Can I add this mod to an in-progress game or must I use a new game?

BringerofBabies

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: January 17, 2020, 01:27:27 PM »

Adding it to an existing game will make blueprints for ships/weapons available for looting from ruins/stations, but will not add the DME faction, any DME systems/colonies, or any of the Blade Breaker content (besides maybe looting some weapons). This goes for pretty much any faction mod - you need a new game in order to have any content besides just randomly finding blueprints.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 82