Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.9.1a is out! (05/10/19); Blog post: Skills and Story Points (07/08/19)

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 65

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering v.1.1  (Read 315317 times)

PeachPatrol

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering v.1.1
« Reply #870 on: September 14, 2019, 12:19:25 PM »

Love the update, can't wait to get my hands on the Bladewood.  :D

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: September 14, 2019, 05:31:26 PM »

It is inconsistent with what other faction mods do. In modded Starsector, everything is OP, and you are able to choose which kind of OP you prefer. AFAIK, the Blade Breakers are the only modded faction that directly breaks (pun intended) this premise. Anyway, thanks for the info, and a great mod.
What? Everything is OP in modded Starsector? LOL, we must be playing a very different game or mod list friend.

Avanitia

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: September 14, 2019, 05:41:45 PM »

Right, because an entire faction's worth of weird OP sidegrade weapons isn't a reward.
It is inconsistent with what other faction mods do. In modded Starsector, everything is OP, and you are able to choose which kind of OP you prefer. AFAIK, the Blade Breakers are the only modded faction that directly breaks (pun intended) this premise. Anyway, thanks for the info, and a great mod.

Now I want to read what you consider OP in modded Starsector. Don't say "everything", because modlists vary a lot and people use different mods.

As for Blade Breakers - they are actually very damn powerful (passive hard flux dissipation, lower ballistic and energy weapon OP costs and more) so unless you have a fleet that can keep up the pressure on their ships and can catch them when they want to vent, you can't exactly beat them.

Dwarden

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: September 14, 2019, 06:25:11 PM »

this brings me on question about the automated population via "noRandomBreakers":false
(while running large scale random nexerelin scenario)

will that make breakers way too powerful ?  :-\

Soren

• Admiral
  • Pushin' the speed of light.
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: September 14, 2019, 07:34:07 PM »

Right now it only adds 3-5 constellations; I need to do some serious work on the procgen scripts before I can turn it up, but I would say no; YMMV, of course.
The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

Enganacious

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: September 14, 2019, 08:16:54 PM »

I know it's probably daffy to say this. But I feel like the blade breakers ballistic weapons get rather eclipsed by the energy weapons. They're still very cool, however comma space.

Soren

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: September 14, 2019, 09:48:46 PM »

The reason they're not as amazing is that all Blade Breaker weapons are high alpha, high burst, and flux-hungry by design; riding high on flux and having longer overloads makes them strong but beatable, and efficient kinetics or really devastating HE would get in the way of that. This way, they have weaknesses that a smartly-constructed player fleet, or even high-end low-tech with lots of kinetics, can exploit to smash them flat.
The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

Ced23Ric

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: September 14, 2019, 10:10:52 PM »

My first Blade Breaker encounter was frustrating, my second one helped form a strategy that held out until Warning Level: High.

Every kill is a good kill, don't chase into the flock - sometimes driving off the Sparrowhawk and killing a frigate or two is preferable. Chip their craft away, stay in a cluster of overlapping fire, don't let any ship get isolated, focus, focus, focus.

Shad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: September 15, 2019, 10:09:41 AM »

That 6B "surprise" was suprising. I assume it's impossible to capture due to its power? I tired getting one with console command, and felt I was playing the "arcade mode" mission.

Also do 6B blueprints (like 6B Tunguska) ever drop from Nikolaev/LaReole? I tried raiding them a few times, with no luck.

Dwarden

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: September 15, 2019, 11:13:04 AM »

i saw Breakers fleet pursing me
then i saw brawl of 5 XLE fleets burning rapidly against it, huge battle ensued and didn't saw breakers since
(new game since yesterday tho)

i like XLE for now (rofl) and oh all that juicy loot was mine

Soren

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: September 15, 2019, 05:06:23 PM »

That 6B "surprise" was suprising. I assume it's impossible to capture due to its power? I tired getting one with console command, and felt I was playing the "arcade mode" mission.

I'm thinking it might become a reward for a mission chain or just a fun thing to make those fights more interesting.

Also do 6B blueprints (like 6B Tunguska) ever drop from Nikolaev/LaReole? I tried raiding them a few times, with no luck.

They shouldn't. There's a pack, but it'll only ever drop as low-probability loot from exploration; it shouldn't show up from raiding.

Sinigr

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: September 16, 2019, 05:07:47 PM »

I want to say just one thing. Blade Breakers are so powerfull with officers 29, it is omg! Dignified enemy!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 06:32:51 AM by Sinigr »
"officerMaxLevel":29,
"officerAIMax":36,
"maxOfficersInAIFleet":36
"tier1StationOfficerLevel":29,
"tier2StationOfficerLevel":29,
"tier3StationOfficerLevel":29,
Try to hunt it! ;)
https://i.imgur.com/gXIAgGy.png

WolfPriest

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #882 on: September 17, 2019, 12:36:36 AM »

I hope this does not offend anyone, but I am on the fence with this mod, can't decide should I use it. I already use "Legacy of Arkgneisis" and "Diable Avionics", but no Nex. Can someone give me pros/cons/something to help new player decide?

Hrothgar

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #883 on: September 17, 2019, 01:45:37 AM »

6 buerau ships are sometines found in game as wrecks. I think i once found salvageable tunguska 6b.

Shad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: September 17, 2019, 03:44:03 AM »

I hope this does not offend anyone, but I am on the fence with this mod, can't decide should I use it. I already use "Legacy of Arkgneisis" and "Diable Avionics", but no Nex. Can someone give me pros/cons/something to help new player decide?

DME are high tech high mobility faction. Most of their ships are quite maneouverable, and are fairly fast. A lot of the ships go really well with hit-and-run tactics. They also have some really nice hybrid ships for exploration and their civilian ships can put up a fight in a pinch. Lots of fighters/drones and excellent dedicated carriers

The cons are low armor and shield coverage, meaning if you are surrounded, and do not escape, you will quickly go down. Also the built in system means most DME ships aren't really suited to long range sniping.

The new threat added to unexplored regions of space can be pro or con depening on how you feel about it.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 65