Fractal Softworks Forum
December 13, 2018, 03:50:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Starsector 0.9a is out! (11/16/18)

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 36
  Print  
Author Topic: [0.9.0a] Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering v.0.9.9c  (Read 168579 times)
jn_xyp
Ensign

Ordinary Player, Java / Python Beginner.

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #405 on: February 24, 2018, 10:24:54 PM »

Hello,

I've played this mod for a while, and really like the ship's appearance and weapons. Thanks for your hard work!

In order to let more players be able to enjoy this mod, can you give me permission to translate the texts of this mod to Chinese?
I promise that I will only translate the text contents as their original meanings (as far as I can), and will not change any setting, data, graphic and other stuffs in this mod.
I will also keep the author information and provide the link to the English version.

Because of the limitation of my English understanding, the translation may not be very precise, and it may take a long time for me to working on it, but I promise I will try my best. Smiley

Thank you very much.

Ordinary Player, Java / Python Beginner.
Github: https://github.com/jnxyp/
Soren
Admiral

Totally Not Omega

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: February 24, 2018, 10:36:30 PM »

Hi! You're very welcome.

Absolutely, it would be my pleasure; you've got my permission and my blessing. Feel free to ask me questions if something isn't clear. And thank you, for thinking my mod is worth the difficulty and time of translating.

I'd like to include a link to the translated version here, as well Wink.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 10:38:31 PM by Soren » Logged

"The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."
Bastion.Systems
Captain

Special Circumstances LCU

View Profile Email
« Reply #407 on: February 27, 2018, 03:19:28 PM »

- Replaced the Sparrowhawk's Plasma Jets with Stutterwarp Jump, a fast-cycling phase skimmer.

Are DME scientists using Liir tech  Grin
Turdicus
Ensign

View Profile Email
« Reply #408 on: February 28, 2018, 08:04:17 AM »

- Replaced the Sparrowhawk's Plasma Jets with Stutterwarp Jump, a fast-cycling phase skimmer.

Are DME scientists using Liir tech  Grin

We go into the black.
NightfallGemini
Commander

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: March 01, 2018, 11:05:58 PM »

All the 'interdicted' systems feel very creepy in a Freelancer way. Loving the atmosphere, loving the questions it raises in the lore.
BYarchitect
Ensign

View Profile Email
« Reply #410 on: March 03, 2018, 03:52:21 AM »

Hi!
I love this mod and this is my design for capital missile-gun-ship, without IMBA fighters Smiley
Magadan - Heavy Battleship
A Random Jolteon
Commander

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: March 03, 2018, 07:04:23 AM »

Hi!
I love this mod and this is my design for capital missile-gun-ship, without IMBA fighters Smiley
WOW! Amazing job! I could easily see this being in DME with that sprite!

Hi. I exist. Bye.
Takion Kasukedo
Captain

The Embodiment of Defilement, TakionKasukedo

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: March 03, 2018, 08:59:12 AM »

Hi!

The Magadan needs more flow to it. The colours are off by a pretty big margin, the medium mounts are sticking out way too much (on the sides of the bridge, where the dark crevasses joining the wings are) and don't blend very well with the rest of the ship.

The front also has a bit of a problem as well, and it's that small area joining the wings (again). It's more in need of being subtle. Specifically the point where the ship's wings are touching it.

The back is almost ok, however, the small rods behind what looks like the generator holding the back engine in place being the problem. They stick out a lot.

The very front has a nose problem, not blended very well on those "eraser things" at the front. Again, more subtlety needed on that part, doesn't match the colour at all.

Overall, probably a 5/10 most for effort, not insanely horrible, but not too good either. Curious about the systems on the ship.

The Embodiment of Defilement reigns over his part of the galaxy.

FEAR THE CASCADE.

[Current holder of Discount Ships and WM permissions. Also working side-by-side with stormbringer for IFed.][Probably holds rights to the old TL mod still. If not, contact Thule if you're up for it.]
BYarchitect
Ensign

View Profile Email
« Reply #413 on: March 04, 2018, 04:01:18 AM »

Thanks for feedback.
Magadan is the first ship drawn by me. I think most of problems with guns grouped in wings (2 large ballistic + 3 small synergy + 3 small rocket) on each. I'll try to rework wings design, in the style of modern fighters with a swept wing. I like the concept of three large guns in one line, for better control of the fire, as a reason design front part becomes boxy.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 04:20:37 AM by BYarchitect » Logged
Soren
Admiral

Totally Not Omega

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: March 04, 2018, 06:31:35 AM »

I'm glad you had fun bashing from DME bits and pieces; I'm surprised it worked out as well as it did, given that the original artwork is all vector shapes. (I don't have any plans for a DME battleship, but I appreciate the concept of a mega-Baikal).

However, I think further discussion belongs in the Spriter's Judgment Thread. There are a lot of aliasing, scaling artifacts, and other little production issues with your sprite, and that thread is a great place to learn how to fix problems like those.

"The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."
Soren
Admiral

Totally Not Omega

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: March 17, 2018, 03:32:14 PM »

Tournament balance patch, get it >HERE<.

0.9.8c - Tournament balance tweaks.
- Reduced Hybrid Scrambler shot damage (15>10).
- Adjusted Zelenograd deployment costs to 45/45.
- Reduced Jeanne d'Arc flux capacity to 18000, changed system to Target Datalink.
- Removed third fighter bay on Zelenograd, swapped system back to MIRAGE Recall.
- Increased fire time of Med Pulsed Laser by 50% - longer burst (300>450), same total DPS.
- Improved SFX of Raker and Ripper.

Soren
Admiral

Totally Not Omega

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: March 28, 2018, 12:13:24 AM »

More tournament balance, get it >HERE<. EDIT: if your version is broken, redownload, it's hotfixed.

0.9.8d - Minor balance!
- Perforator rocket damage reduced to 150 from 240, ammo and burst counts (9 for Damselfly, 18 for Katyusha) tweaked where relevant. DPS values remain the same. Missile HP reduced to 40.
- Jeanne d'Arc costs raised to 60/60.
- Samoyed built-in AMMs forked from fighter AMMs (more ammo).
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 02:16:28 AM by Soren » Logged

smithtrlane
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: April 05, 2018, 05:29:16 AM »

First off, thanks for another cool mod  Wink

In v0.9.8d I've noticed that the "Hellrider" equipped Rafale costs 40 OP to field. Seems a bit excessive, I assume it's a mistake? Also, the central medium turret of the Jeanne d'Arc faces to the left, I also assume it's not intentional.

On a more balance related note, the Jeanne d'Arc seems a bit on the strong side, with heavier armor, better shield and dissipation AND a lot more OP than the Astral (yes, I know its recovery cost is 60 vs 45, but still). That is not even counting the integrated targeting hullmod. That being said I'm probably not the best source for balance-related feedback ^^
arwan
Admiral

View Profile Email
« Reply #418 on: April 05, 2018, 06:38:24 AM »

the turret rotation on the carrier is intentional. and balance for the carrier has been on going due to its power. it has changed quite a bit so far since it was first introduced not too long ago.

the hellrider bombers, im pretty sure were pushed up to 40 op due to them not being available in the campaign if im not mistaken. though the exact reasoning behind it i couldn't say. though it should be more expensive if only due to the missile it launches is quite powerful. doing as much damage as a torpedo and having 2.5x the range of the other variant of the bomber.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 06:47:44 AM by arwan » Logged

Alex
You won't be able to refit fighters and bombers at all. They're designed/balanced around having a particular set of weapons and would be very broken if you could change it. Which ones you pick for your fleet -out of quite a few that are available- is the choice here, not how they're outfitted.
Soren
Admiral

Totally Not Omega

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: April 05, 2018, 12:41:44 PM »

Yeah, turret angle on the carrier is intentional, Hellrider Rafale is explicitly not supposed to be something you can mount - this is a general problem with fighter wings; you can't make them inaccessible in mission refit screens - I'm tempted to just remove it at this point, but I kept it initially because it might be nice as a built-in on something later.

The Jeanne d'Arc is getting tweaked a good bit right now. System included; it's currently down to 25% extra damage, which feels okay. Still finding that balance between mounted weapons and fighters.

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 36
  Print  

Jump to: