Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 86

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering v.1.18a  (Read 525915 times)

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few.
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering v.1.0a
« Reply #840 on: September 13, 2019, 03:38:16 PM »

Yep! I like some asymmetry in my otherwise symmetrical designs.
People need societies, but they don't necessarily need nations.

Cormac

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: September 13, 2019, 03:50:30 PM »

It shouldn't be buildable at all. What you need to do is add an entry for the variant ID
Code
istl_stormkestrel_proto_test
to default_roles.json (data>world>factions>default_roles.json) under "combatLarge"; since it's not meant to be constructable, it doesn't have an entry, but if you use Console Commands to learn all possible blueprints, it'll give you that one.

i was looking through the file, to.
the sparrowhawk is the stormkestrel, right? there are entries for the variants istl_stormkestrel_{elite,command,assault,cqb}, so i was thinking those variantes should be buildable? but ok, good to know^^ such a nice looking ship

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: September 13, 2019, 04:06:04 PM »

The variant ID I gave you is for the unique ship skin that's recoverable and available as a starting ship.

And thanks, it's an homage to Escape Velocity's Kestrel, which in turn is a straight copy of an old model rocket kit. Somewhere along the way I feel like I added some original touches.

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering v.1.1
« Reply #843 on: September 13, 2019, 10:23:35 PM »

A balance and QoL update with some new goodies. Get it >HERE<. SOFT-BREAKS SAVES (new game required for some features).

Hopefully this will hold things for a good long while. Includes some balance stuff; in particular the d'Erlon has been nerfed and adjusted down to sanity and the Normandie is no longer a fighter-vomit murderparty.

1.1 - Fixes, content, polish and balance.

Content:
- Added Electron Rocket Family - launcher, twin rack, and single rack.
- Added GX Phased Blaster (Deserter).
- Added a 'lo-fi' version of trail_data.csv for low-end machines.
- Added some... surprises... to Sixth Bureau fleets.
- Added Bladewood-class Mothership (Deserter).
- Numerous sound replacements and improvements.

Balance:
- Adjusted monthly/deployment costs of Mouflon to 4/8.
- Revamped Maskirovka mines - now do 500 energy damage, smaller radius (but teleporting in closer as well).
- Replaced IR Beamers on Deserter Sparrowhawk with simpler PD.
- Slight addition to Blade Breaker Engineering hullmod; BB ships now do half again the explosion damage, but with only 75% of the normal explosion radius.
- Halved damage (100>50) and doubled salvo size (3>6) of Flak Discharger.
- Changed d'Erlon cargo/fuel value and deployment costs (now at 60/60 and 12/10), should be more reasonable. Precision Targeting damage buff reduced from +50% to +33%.
- Changed Normandie's ship system to Strike Command, which increases fighter speed, maneuverability, and autoaim accuracy.
- Added +10 OP to Carabao to make it a little more flexible.
- Changed a bunch of crew, cargo, and fuel values to something approaching sanity.
- Reduced a number of projectile velocities at the high end (rail accelerators, BB plasma weapons).
- Reduced Heavy Linear Cannon shot damage from 160 to 120 and DPS from 480 to 400. Added a little on-hit energy damage to make up for that.
- Reduced Hellspear DPS to 150 from 200.

Campaign:
- Tweaked a few planetary conditions to account for new colony balance and simple derp.
- Fixed inability of random Blade Breaker systems to spawn in Nexerelin's Random Mode. (Thanks go to Morathar for suggesting a fast fix).
- Shuffled around Deserter start options to accommodate another... surprise.
[close]

Xevecx1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #844 on: September 14, 2019, 12:15:55 AM »

Just wondering i've been flying around with this secured data storage for awhile now. does it actually do anything? i figured it was probably like the blueprints you get with the champion from legacy of ark but nothing seems to be happening

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: September 14, 2019, 12:30:19 AM »

Not yet. I'm getting around to it, stuff takes time.

I'm experimenting with a few possible mechanics for it; that's one option, another is plugging into a unique industry.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 12:33:14 AM by Soren »

Xevecx1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #846 on: September 14, 2019, 12:51:59 AM »

ok sounds good i didnt know if it did anything or if i had to bring it to a certain location but if its not implemented yet all good thanks for answering

Modo44

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: September 14, 2019, 10:20:38 AM »

Is there a way to make Blade Breaker ships recoverable? I find the effort required to defeat even one of their fleets should at least sometimes be rewarded. By the time you can reliably do that, you are likely fielding high-tech capital ships anyway.

solardawning

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: September 14, 2019, 11:09:30 AM »

Awesome update, Soren. I'm impressed with how well you've made the Deserter ships and weapons feel unified and consistent, and the overall level of polish on your content.

I honestly expected to find a single unique derelict to recover for the Bladewood at that location, rather than a BP for it- it feels perhaps a little strange that the Deserter Sparrowhawk is unique but the Bladewood isn't.

The ship itself feels well designed and thought out as an OP-limited, slightly faster and more maneuverable Legion with less direct firepower, but Omni shield and no blind spot. It's strong but doesn't feel like it clearly eclipses any vanilla capital ships, and is fun to fly manually due to the Burn Drive-like system letting it keep up with the fight.

The one thing I find myself wishing for is a Deserter logistics ship that shares their visual patterns and high tech engine trail for fleet consistency, but that's really first world problems. ;)

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: September 14, 2019, 11:16:26 AM »

Is there a way to make Blade Breaker ships recoverable? I find the effort required to defeat even one of their fleets should at least sometimes be rewarded. By the time you can reliably do that, you are likely fielding high-tech capital ships anyway.
Right, because an entire faction's worth of weird OP sidegrade weapons isn't a reward. You can go into ship_data.csv and delete the UNBOARDABLE tag from their ships.

I'm more likely to add extra rewards via script the way vanilla adds AI Core drops for fighting Remnants. Sigma Matter and Secure Data Storage are also going to get a variety of uses, although I haven't decided exactly what yet.

Awesome update, Soren. I'm impressed with how well you've made the Deserter ships and weapons feel unified and consistent, and the overall level of polish on your content.

I honestly expected to find a single unique derelict to recover for the Bladewood at that location, rather than a BP for it- it feels perhaps a little strange that the Deserter Sparrowhawk is unique but the Bladewood isn't.

The ship itself feels well designed and thought out as an OP-limited, slightly faster and more maneuverable Legion with less direct firepower, but Omni shield and no blind spot. It's strong but doesn't feel like it clearly eclipses any vanilla capital ships, and is fun to fly manually due to the Burn Drive-like system letting it keep up with the fight.

The one thing I find myself wishing for is a Deserter logistics ship that shares their visual patterns and high tech engine trail for fleet consistency, but that's really first world problems. ;)

Glad you like it. It's very fun to work on; I love making especially rude and flamboyant new weapons.

Right now I just want everything in and I'll polish up the player's access to it over time; the current access to Deserter blueprints of any kind is very much a stopgap implementation. What I'd like to do is make them obtainable via quest chain.

A logistics ship for them would be quick and fun - I'll think about that. The reason the Sparrowhawk isn't obtainable is that it's a jack-of-all-trades design specifically intended for the player; you get some direct firepower, a couple fighter bays, plus Ops Center, all on a highly-mobile platform with good defenses. If it were something you could spam, whole fleets of it would be viable. Ditto the Brave Blade; I might offer a looping mission to replace a destroyed one, but production would require them to be nerfed back down to where they'd be ordinary and less desirable.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 11:25:00 AM by Soren »

Modo44

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: September 14, 2019, 12:06:42 PM »

Right, because an entire faction's worth of weird OP sidegrade weapons isn't a reward.
It is inconsistent with what other faction mods do. In modded Starsector, everything is OP, and you are able to choose which kind of OP you prefer. AFAIK, the Blade Breakers are the only modded faction that directly breaks (pun intended) this premise. Anyway, thanks for the info, and a great mod.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 12:09:34 PM by Modo44 »

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: September 14, 2019, 12:09:16 PM »

Happy to disappoint you, then.

Wyvern

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: September 14, 2019, 12:14:08 PM »

Will agree that a Deserter logistics vessel would be a nice thing to have.  I wouldn't expect it to be a very efficient logistics vessel - the design parameters for the Blade Breakers seem like they'd call for a combat freighter, on the basis that if it can't fight, it doesn't belong in their fleets.  Maybe a converted Tereshkova?  ...Might be better with a cruiser-scale ship, though, just to help keep fleet size down.

@Modo44: There are actually a number of mods with ships that aren't player-acquireable; for example, everything that adds new Remnant hulls.
Wyvern is 100% correct about the math.

PeachPatrol

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: September 14, 2019, 12:19:25 PM »

Love the update, can't wait to get my hands on the Bladewood.  :D

MesoTroniK

• Admiral
  • I am going to destroy your ships
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: September 14, 2019, 05:31:26 PM »

It is inconsistent with what other faction mods do. In modded Starsector, everything is OP, and you are able to choose which kind of OP you prefer. AFAIK, the Blade Breakers are the only modded faction that directly breaks (pun intended) this premise. Anyway, thanks for the info, and a great mod.
What? Everything is OP in modded Starsector? LOL, we must be playing a very different game or mod list friend.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 86