Fractal Softworks Forum
December 13, 2018, 03:54:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Starsector 0.9a is out! (11/16/18)

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 36
  Print  
Author Topic: [0.9.0a] Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering v.0.9.9c  (Read 168582 times)
Surge
Commander

Go big or go home.

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: February 04, 2018, 07:43:53 PM »

Is Dassault supposed to reject prisoners in Nex?
Soren
Admiral

Totally Not Omega

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: February 04, 2018, 08:58:22 PM »

Sounds like hotfix time, whoops.

And yeah, no prisoner interactions.

"The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."
A Random Jolteon
Commander

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: February 04, 2018, 09:00:06 PM »

Sounds like hotfix time, whoops.

And yeah, no prisoner interactions.
Wait, none at all?
Sorry, haven't played with that part of Nex that much, and not with this mod.

Hi. I exist. Bye.
Soren
Admiral

Totally Not Omega

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: February 05, 2018, 12:03:13 AM »

And patched, shouldn't break saves, get it >HERE<.

0.9.8a - Minor improvements, bugfixes. Should be non-savebreaky.
- Tweaked some system stuff. Mostly aesthetic, some different salvage.
- Removed steering ability from Skipjet Injector.
- Fixed Jeanne d'Arc hull typo. How embarrassing.
- Reduced Baikal (Brone) shield efficiency.
- Reduced module armor health, armor rating, on all playable ships.
- Added Thermal Scatter PD, a workhorse energy flak shotgun. (BB)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 07:44:42 PM by Soren » Logged

"The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."
Dudok22
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: February 05, 2018, 07:55:02 AM »

Is it normal that I get 15 second overloads with Kormoran even with all the skills that reduce the duration? I thought the mono hullmod should reduce it even further. Without those skills I can imagine it being over 20 seconds.
NightKev
Commander

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: February 05, 2018, 08:58:44 AM »

Well overload time is based on how much your flux would have increased over the max by the shot that overloaded you (so for example a needler bullet will barely overload you but a gauss shot will cause a long overload). What did you get hit by?
Amie
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: February 05, 2018, 10:03:51 AM »

Hello there,everyone.

Ive been lurking around these forums long enough,so i decided to make an account.

I have a question,i really LOVE this mod,its a faction i love the most with blackrock on 2nd place (i love agile ships),but Soren,now that we have 2 BB class ships,are you going to add like an actual flagship or dreadnought of some sorts for DME ?
It could have really bad armor with low hull integrity,but good all around gun coverage with 3 large mounts and great mobility.

Thanks for your answer in advance ! =3
Soren
Admiral

Totally Not Omega

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: February 05, 2018, 10:13:35 AM »

Glad you like it!

I still have a bunch of work to do on the Jeanne d'Arc, so if ever, not soon.

I am thinking about it, though, mostly because I blew through my update checklist so fast. A tanky capital for taking on stations is one of the niches the game might badly need filled; depending on how a few other things shake out, the Zelenograd might get a powerful defensive system (likely), or I might think up another capital ship. Don't hold your breath, though; capitals are a lot of work to sprite and properly balance (at least, if you don't want them to become barely mobile, uninteresting slabs).

Additionally, I find most capitals kind of boring to fly; I really prefer destroyers and cruisers, ships where mobility and positioning matters more than brute throw weight. Not that brute throw weight, done well, isn't a ton of fun...

Amie
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #398 on: February 05, 2018, 10:22:49 AM »

Additionally, I find most capitals kind of boring to fly; I really prefer destroyers and cruisers, ships where mobility and positioning matters more than brute throw weight. Not that brute throw weight, done well, isn't a ton of fun...

I HATE slow ships aswell,hats exactly why Blackrock is on 2nd place,1st of all it has capital that is fun to play (Karkinos) and capital-like destroyer (morpheus),thats why i asked for a battleship,something that plays like Karkinos but differently or make something like morpheus if you know what im trying to say.^^
A Random Jolteon
Commander

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: February 05, 2018, 11:18:55 AM »

(Don't know how to quote multiple comments. This one is aimed at Soren)

Why not make a ship with poor hull and Armor, but extreme amounts of flux and a super tough shield? It isn't meant to kill Caps or Stations, just tank them so that others can kill the Caps or Stations.

I HATE slow ships aswell,hats exactly why Blackrock is on 2nd place,1st of all it has capital that is fun to play (Karkinos) and capital-like destroyer (morpheus),thats why i asked for a battleship,something that plays like Karkinos but differently or make something like morpheus if you know what im trying to say.^^
I prefer slower, tanky ships with lot's of Dakka that have burst mobility systems to help get them into combat. Like the Onslaught. I can get what you mean though. Coming out of nowhere to give a massive burst of death is so satisfying. >Smiley

Hi. I exist. Bye.
Dudok22
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #400 on: February 05, 2018, 11:38:52 AM »

Well overload time is based on how much your flux would have increased over the max by the shot that overloaded you (so for example a needler bullet will barely overload you but a gauss shot will cause a long overload). What did you get hit by?
ohhhhhhhh bloody Actel Cannon! I was getting sniped from a great distance and I didnt even see it at first.
Bastion.Systems
Captain

Special Circumstances LCU

View Profile Email
« Reply #401 on: February 12, 2018, 03:19:27 PM »

Tell me honestly, do I have poor taste if I prefer the flight deck shape from the previous version of the mod.
Soren
Admiral

Totally Not Omega

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: February 12, 2018, 07:00:43 PM »

Tell me honestly, do I have poor taste if I prefer the flight deck shape from the previous version of the mod.

You are officially a bad person and you should feel bad.

(I totally get it - but I really do think this is better).

A Random Jolteon
Commander

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: February 12, 2018, 07:11:59 PM »

I dunno.

I don't even remember what the old sprites looked like. :p

Hi. I exist. Bye.
Soren
Admiral

Totally Not Omega

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: February 24, 2018, 07:43:51 PM »

Update time! Shouldn't, but might, break your saves, get it >HERE<.

0.9.8b - More little stuff, some not-so-little stuff. May break saves.
- Cut down per-burst smart flare counts to 3 for ship, 1 for fighter versions. Mostly a visual thing, but makes fighter flares less potent.
- Added Defense Screen, a Damper Field clone that (hopefully) fixes some of the more egregious issues with the vanilla system. Used on Zelenograd and Kobra Mk. 3.
- Added Ramming Mode system for Baikal (Brone). Slower, but allows steering, and uses charges.
- Custom sigma nebula texture for relevant systems.
- Reduced Frappeur torpedo damage to 1350.
- Redid Quad Hybrid Blaster a bit - now does 800 DPS in four-round bursts of 400-dmg projectiles, no more charges.
- Layout/design surgery on the Jeanne d'Arc; should be both better, and more interesting to fit out. Also much prettier.
- Replaced the Sparrowhawk's Plasma Jets with Stutterwarp Jump, a fast-cycling phase skimmer.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 04:30:52 PM by Soren » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 36
  Print  

Jump to: