Fractal Softworks Forum
December 13, 2017, 10:18:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: New blog post: Population Growth (11/19/17); Starsector 0.8.1a is out!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25
  Print  
Author Topic: [0.8.1a] Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering v.0.9.6  (Read 79144 times)
Darloth
Captain

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: June 30, 2017, 04:44:16 AM »

I like the husky for being a tough distraction - fill it full of capacitors and Hardened Shields, give it a long range ballistic popgun, and it can annoy people while remaining very difficult to actually kill...

But a tempest can actually DO things, on its own, supporting a fleet action, it will have a notable impact on the battle.  The husky will usually achieve little other than changing the opponent's positioning and drawing fire.
Flare
Admiral

View Profile Email
« Reply #346 on: June 30, 2017, 01:18:40 PM »

I agree on Darloth's assessment, huskies are just not very good at much beyond being a good distraction relatively beyond the normal frigate baseline. They're like cheap phase frigates without phase.

Quote from: Thana
Quote from: Alex

The battle station is not completely operational, shall we say.

"Now witness the firepower of this thoroughly buggy and unoperational batt... Oh, hell, you know what? Just ignore the battle station, okay?"
Soren
Captain

Secret Beef Cultist

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 04, 2017, 10:53:33 PM »

The nerfening continues. Get it >HERE<.

0.9.5f - Swinging the nerf bat.

- Redistributed a few of the turret arc changes to the Kormoran.
- Global nerfs to armor values.
- Many shield efficiencies reduced, especially on highly mobile ships.
- Did a quick pass on fighter health.

"The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."
Wyvern
Admiral

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 05, 2017, 09:24:38 PM »

Based on comparison with other scripts, I think you've got a bug in ScramblerEMPOnHit.java - it's spawning an EMP arc 90% of the time, and I rather suspect that was meant to be 10%.  This is contributing to the Harridan class fighter being exceptionally effective - right now a wing of two Harridans is better at EMP-locking targets than a wing of five Claws.
Soren
Captain

Secret Beef Cultist

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 05, 2017, 09:26:37 PM »

Weird. I'll try to get that fixed as soon as possible.

"The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."
Huginn
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: July 17, 2017, 03:43:14 PM »

Hey, love the ships so far! But will you make more end-game content stuff like capital ships? The research platform isnt very appealing to use, and you do eventually get burned out due to lack of some proper firepower.

Love the mod and design, looking forward to new content!  Grin
Soren
Captain

Secret Beef Cultist

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: July 17, 2017, 03:51:04 PM »

Yes, absolutely, I want another capital and I'm sketching furiously at station ideas. My IRL schedule is filling up pretty quick, though, so it might be at a slow-evenings-and-weekends pace for the rest of the year.

Soren
Captain

Secret Beef Cultist

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 07, 2017, 12:18:02 AM »

Still busy and stressed, no sign of letup for a while yet. However, I'm still working on the mod. I can't promise any kind of ETA on anything, but here's a tease to whet your appetites:

I will of course try to fix issues as they're brought to my attention; I can't promise complete, timely, or satisfactory solutions, but I do read comments in the thread.

HELMUT
Admiral

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 07, 2017, 12:49:57 AM »

All those orange stripes seems new. Slick looking silhouettes tho.

cpmartins
Lieutenant

View Profile Email
« Reply #354 on: August 07, 2017, 05:22:02 AM »

Loving the mod as well. The looks of the ships are amazingly well done.

Hey, love the ships so far! But will you make more end-game content stuff like capital ships? The research platform isnt very appealing to use, and you do eventually get burned out due to lack of some proper firepower.

Love the mod and design, looking forward to new content!  Grin
Interestingly, the research platform has been one of my best performers against the Templars. I don't know why, but my Steady officer commandeering it is always on point with venting and backing off. Come to think of it, it may be my only ship who hasn't been gibbed by them so far. Pandemonium is the second best performer and the Paragon the third, although the Para is too slow to *** up positioning, since it'll always be the backliner. Onslaught dies about half the damn time. Named it "The Granade".
Soren
Captain

Secret Beef Cultist

View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 07, 2017, 09:41:14 AM »

Yeah, the Zelenograd is powerful. I find it works best when you maximize PD and weapon range, then put a Steady officer into it, along with Harridans in the fighter bays. Half-and-half Voltigeur/Jongleur pod missile loadouts give you sustained barrages of HE and Kinetic damage that most ships have trouble dealing with.

Basically, treat it like a Legion, not a Conquest; keep your distance, pour on the fire, and remember to use EMP or spikes of burst damage or both to give you an edge over ships with more or larger mounts.

A Random Jolteon
Lieutenant

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 08, 2017, 12:59:59 PM »

Yeah, the Zelenograd is powerful. I find it works best when you maximize PD and weapon range, then put a Steady officer into it, along with Harridans in the fighter bays. Half-and-half Voltigeur/Jongleur pod missile loadouts give you sustained barrages of HE and Kinetic damage that most ships have trouble dealing with.

Basically, treat it like a Legion, not a Conquest; keep your distance, pour on the fire, and remember to use EMP or spikes of burst damage or both to give you an edge over ships with more or larger mounts.
...Or you can go Full Retard and put a lot of Dakka...I mean...You won't always kill...But I can guarantee you will send pain in a gift package!
havocdrake
Ensign

View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 29, 2017, 04:36:44 PM »

Please integrate with DynaSector.
Soren
Captain

Secret Beef Cultist

View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 29, 2017, 04:53:21 PM »

That's not up to me. I will, however, cheerfully assist DR when he has the time to integrate my mod.

Soren
Captain

Secret Beef Cultist

View Profile
« Reply #359 on: October 01, 2017, 10:51:40 PM »

Content update! Will break saves. Get it >HERE<.

0.9.6 - The slog forward continues. Will break your saves.
- First pass on Blade Breaker ships (not available in campaign, not remotely final).
- Added AMM-3 launcher to Shalaika, should make it a little bit more combat-capable without being too strong.
- Fixed Harridan Hybrid Scrambler EMP arc frequency. Should be less of an instant shutdown tool, still good.
- Reduced size of Peremohy combined market to 6.
- Doubled charge time of all rail accelerators.
- Increased shot damage for Light Rail Accelerator, adjusted fire rate to retain 120/145 DPS/flux.
- Adjustments to Lens DEM; now more of a long-range softening-up weapon.
- Added Mouflon Assault Lander.
- Added Bouclier Armored Courier.
- Added Rafale Torpedo/Missile Bomber. Comes in two flavors, Frappeur and Hellrider.
- Added Hybrid Repeater.
- Redesigned Chamois Utility Rig. Even less combat capable!
- Nexerelin carrier start options are now available.
- Some minor adjustments to star systems.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25
  Print  

Jump to: